Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My really only gripe is that the frogs and flying things can't be tamed. WTF Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what does literally any of that mean?
    "Too dark or too light" so literally everything? thats like saying
    "Every raid is either a colour or a shade!"
    and really?
    sanctum blacks, greys, whites, and bright blues and dark purples
    caslte nathria dark red bright red brown, gold and yellows and some blue
    Nylotha dark and bright reds and purples
    eternal palace bright blues and dark pinks greens and dark blues aswell as all sorts of radiant colours from red to green to orange etc
    dazarlor literally so many fucking colours, just all of them with varying scenery depending on the section of the raid
    crucible dark purples and bright pinks and blacks and red
    uldir bright and dark reds, some purple, bright whites and lots of gold and yellow.
    As I've said before, they don't take advantage of the game world. If you exclude Battle of Dazar'Alor something like the last 14 raid tiers have either been a gloomy, dark, dank dungeon or an antiseptic series of rooms. They need to do more varied stuff in an MMO, like a raid on a snowcapped mountain, or in a jungle, or a sandy beach. More zones like that as well.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hey idk if you know, at this was a change they made like... 10 years ago or something.
    but you can use your flying mounts... on the ground.. flying mounts dont ONLY fly...
    Yeah, and "Use favorite mount" button doesn't work for them in no-flying locations, except may be for stupid Deathwing mount. But anyway. Whole point of flying mount - it should fly. I have only one ground mount in favorites. All other mounts are flying. Getting some of them required large amount of effort. For example to get Isle Expeditions ones, that required hundreds of tries to obtain. Or raid ones, that required 100-150 tries. Or dungeon ones, that required ~700 tries to obtain. And what I think - is that such large amount of effort is worth not mounts themselves only, but also ability to use them in current content. And simple fact, that they're taken away from me - is big slap in a face, I will never forgive, sorry.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-07-01 at 05:01 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    As I've said before, they don't take advantage of the game world. If you exclude Battle of Dazar'Alor something like the last 14 raid tiers have either been a gloomy, dark, dank dungeon or an antiseptic series of rooms. They need to do more varied stuff in an MMO, like a raid on a snowcapped mountain, or in a jungle, or a sandy beach. More zones like that as well.
    What...
    Caslte nathria is not a "dank dungeon"
    nor was uldir either of those
    nor was nylotha it was literally a city of the old gods, and we even fought INSIDE of the old gods
    eternal palace was literally a palace
    crucible of storms was literally the inside of an old god aswell
    emerald nightmare was well the emerald nightmare
    trial of valor was " nordic heaven and hell"
    nighthold was a city of perfection
    antorus was a burning legion fleet and army base
    tomb of sargeras was an ancient temple
    hellfire citidal was a corrupted fortress
    blackrock foundry was a giant factory
    highmaul was a ogre temple
    siege of orgrimmar was a temple, outside of orgrimar, inside orgrimmar, and under orgrimmar
    throne of thunder was an entire emperors city
    terrace of endless springs was a giant fountain
    heart of fear was a bug city
    and mogushan vaults was well a giant vault

but yeah no all of those raids were just a "gloomy dark dank dungeon, or an antisepctic series of rooms" seriously? you have to be trolling.

"more snowcapped mountain zones"
    you mean more then... icecrown, dragonblight, howling fjord, grizzly hills, storm peaks, highmountain, winterspring, hillsbrad, kunlai summit
    "more jungle"
    you mean more then... kasarang wilds, ardenwald, Parts of netherstorm, ungoro, feralas, stranglethorn, zuldazar, valsharah
    "more sandy beaches"
    You mena more then ... LITERALLY EVERY COSTAL ZONE IN WOW? like i could list every "sandy beach" in wow, and it would be atleast 30... come on man.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-07-01 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I hope there is a lot more to come in the coming weeks. It took a bit to complete it on my first character, but once I did once, I could just talk to Bolvar and skip right to Korthia and I was able to burn through the current content on a new character and get my two renown for the week in about 2 hours.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

I thunk the gearcthat drops is account bound. Not sure tho.

It's a somewhat better version of Broken Shore. Easier to navigate than Nazjatar, but trying to make it to the rares before they get killed with just ground mounts is a trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worse then Naz/Mechagon/TI.

Better then ToT.

Good amount of anima at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Seeing those big chains made me giddy with excitement. Only for my excitement to be thoroughly quashed by invisible walls preventing me from running up them like kid with a kite.

Im also not sure why Tyrande tried to choke an undead... that seems a little redundant.

But i had a resonably fun first day. A couple of hours of questing, some thorgast. Not sure what to think about this rating system. Died 3 times on one of the runs yet still got 5 stars.

Its not as amazing as Nazjatar/Mechagon patch, or even the Nyalthoa patch. But it feels better than the Battle for dazar alor patch sofar.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

It seems they forgot how to make cities as zones after Suramar.
    Korthia "Citiy" of secrets can be barely considered a city since most of the zone consists of mountains and cliffs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an okay zone, I just hate that they have to time-gate everything, just let me complete it so that I can go flying..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    It's okay. Not excellent but not bad either. I'm not sure why Blizzard is so fond of the more muted colour palettes these days for their zones. Korthia feels very similar to Macaree, some parts of Nazjatar, etc. I wish they'd give us another Timeless Isle, or some super high res version of Elwynn forest.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy was right though. Almost all the places you're listing are pretty dark and gloomy. Even the beautiful places like Suramar.

There's nothing wrong with bright and light-hearted. When most people imagine an MMORPG, they probably see a landscape before their eyes which looks a bit like a traditional forest, an old dirt road slithering into the horizon, perhaps a few snow capped mountains and so on. Blizzard has become quite poor at delivering that experience. We saw some of it during BfA but not nearly enough.
    "they only make muted zones these days"

No, most of those places are not.

also i would like to point out, again if the complaint is "it is either dark, or it is light" then thats literally every single fucking place every, a place is either dark or light, there is no magical "third or fourth state" either a place is well lite, or poorly lit, there is no other options unless they make a raid that is pitch black and you walk around trial and error or flashbang you with an all white screen...
    his complaint was "gloomy dark dank dungeons" which none of those things above were.

also "traditional forest, an old dirt road slithering into the horizon, perhaps a few snow capped mountains and so on" HAVE YOU LITERALLY SEEN BFA!?

winding old dirt roadspaths between a traditional mountain side forest surrounded by snow topped peaks.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-07-01 at 07:36 AM.

And remember this: People will always fanboy for whatever Blizzard does, even if its the worst thing in the world.
    Let yourself decide.
    And remember this: players will always discredit work done by professionals and disrespect their effort behind a screen and in front of a keyboard. This is because of their very high, sophisticated expectations which makes them feel like experts and in some way superior game critiques.

Overall it's the same, as TI or Broken Shore. I resubbed yesterday and I've already got tired of it. Dunno, how other people can play such content for weeks and months. I'll complete it to get flying on the next week and I will be done with it. Resubbed now just because my main character had just 30 Renown, because everything beyond 23 is pointless. Decided to catch up now, because Blizzards' Korean RNG can ruin everything at any moment. Don't want to spam dungeons or something like that in a hope, that 1 of 10 would give me 1 Renown point.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Only thing I'm disappointed in is that you can barely do anything in the southern part.. Managed to get there to explore, but it's barren. Fairly sure rares can spawn though and there is a treasure who give a lot of research progress.

Otherwise it's what I expect from blizzard and why I continue to play it. Gives me things to do until raid opens up.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Love it. It's always awesome to explore new zones.
    And remember this: People will always complain. Even if it's the greatest thing in the world.
    So don't get yourself bummed out because of comments from others, let yourself decide while trying it.
    You need to realize one thing. WoW is at its worse state ever and it´s not all just on Shadowlands.

So complaining is important as that is the only feedback we give to Acti-blizzzard.

The current game is not World of Warcraft. Not even close.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Enjoying it so far but the bag space situation is as bad as fucking mechagon and nazjatar. A zillion things to loot, half the quests give you an actual in-bag item to use, and no consistency on anima tokens. The questing is fine, the story is fine, the zone is fine, but I really fucking hate this approach that Blizzard has been taking with "bag clutter is the same as flavour!" the last few years.

I still hate the Maw though. No Eye and mounting doesn't fix it. We'll see how Torghast is.

Ultimately what will form my opinion of this patch will be the raid, tazavesh, and season 2 keystones.
    I have to agree with the bag space, those people without vendor mount must be struggling (or losing money).

What I also hate about such zones - is that your base should always be situated on a mountain with rat maze on your way, so you always want to have flying to just fly up and down.
    Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    I have to agree with the bag space, those people without vendor mount must be struggling (or losing money).
    Unfortunately vendor mound is must have now. Good thing - WotLK's mammoth is very cheap in today's conditions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Overall it's the same, as TI or Broken Shore. I resubbed yesterday and I've already got tired of it. Dunno, how other people can play such content for weeks and months. I'll complete it to get flying on the next week and I will be done with it. Resubbed now just because my main character had just 30 Renown, because everything beyond 23 is pointless. Decided to catch up now, because Blizzards' Korean RNG can ruin everything at any moment. Don't want to spam dungeons or something like that in a hope, that 1 of 10 would give me 1 Renown point.
    doing 1 world boss gives 3... its not gunna take you 10 dungeons to get 1 renown

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You need to realize one thing. WoW is at its worse state ever and it´s not all just on Shadowlands.

So complaining is important as that is the only feedback we give to Acti-blizzzard.

The current game is not World of Warcraft. Not even close.
    except it is not in the worse state ever, it is actually doing rather well. its worst state is by far wod, and by QR go we are no where near wod numbers.

And remember this: People will always fanboy for whatever Blizzard does, even if its the worst thing in the world.
    Let yourself decide.
    And remember this: you will always get morons on forums hating on others fun because thet are dead inside and can't except that others actuly enjoy the game and content.
    Let yourself decide.