Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So does she have all of her soul? If so, is she going to do some big sacrifice thing so that her soul passes through the jailer guy/maw and she does some plot stuff and weakens him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    As much as I disliked his Handsome Squidward appearance, anyone else disappointed by the fact that his design turned into "Maw NPC#454352" after getting his armor back?
    I really don't get this logic. How does it not make sense that the minions were made in his original image. He doesn't look like them, he made them to look like him. Everyone gets it twisted because they saw the minions first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    All I can say is wow. Everything swept under the rug with the excuse that it was the bad soul that did all that. It's too bad Arthas didn't had that choice and he was a much more popular and better character than Sylvannas will ever be. I am really speechless. It's so nice from the devs to take a crap to the majority of the playerbase not to mention butchering the character of Sylvannas like noone ever before.
    The only positive thing about this is that Alleria is finally, at long last, undoubtedly the most powerful Windrunner in the franchise. Since Sylvanas is back to being some basic average ranger.

The next time Alleria and Sylvanas meet, Alleria will put her in her place.

Oh but what am I saying, Blizzard forgot Alleria exists!!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Patch 9.2 Cinematic

The Jailer portal escapes to another reality he created after we defeat him in the Eternal City.

Patch 9.3 Cinematic

After his defeat in his reality, he opens a portal to the Seat of Pantheon to siphon their powers.

Wow patch 10 - Cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only positive thing about this is that Alleria is finally, at long last, undoubtedly the most powerful Windrunner in the franchise. Since Sylvanas is back to being some basic average ranger.

Yea, she only co runs the alliance and has the void within her...completely forgotten. If you don't think there's big plans for her next xpac, you're short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Yea, she only co runs the alliance and has the void within her...completely forgotten. If you don't think there's big plans for her next xpac, you're short sighted.
    Wow, I didn't know that, never heard that before, nice find!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    People were saying the same thing about Illidan Kerrigan in Legion and it never happened. We'll see.
    The lead writer didn't lust for Illidan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    @Xilurm @bowlink
    Just think, we've had people on this forum completely sneering at the prediction of Sylvanas Kerrigan, and it's unfolding now.
    Blizz only knows one storyline.

I really don't get this logic. How does it not make sense that the minions were made in his original image. He doesn't look like them, he made them to look like him. Everyone gets it twisted because they saw the minions first.
    Because it's fantasy, and a videogame. You want your major characters to stand out, not blend in. Stormtroopers could be uniformed after Darth Vader, it could make sense in the story, but it would make him seem unimportant, so they chose to make a unique and memorable design for him.

If they want us to care for a character without personality or known motivation, at the very, very least, he has to be interesting to look at. He wasn't before, and certainly isn't now.

But she was never in a position to match Alleria. Apart from Saurfang and the Bolvar she didn't manage to beat any significant powerhouse and Alleria in terms of power is leagues above Bolvar.

In any case I am curious to see what's gonna happen to her now that she is in custody and with her full soul back. I wonder if the Ranger General Soul knew what her bad part did.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    btw, the cinematic reached the point of having more dislikes than likes

how long yall think until they delete it, like the ny'alotha ending lol?
    4k likes.

10k dislikes.

almost 2 days now.

xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    But she was never in a position to match Alleria. Apart from Saurfang and the Bolvar she didn't manage to beat any significant powerhouse and Alleria in terms of power is leagues above Bolvar.

In any case I am curious to see what's gonna happen to her now that she is in custody and with her full soul back. I wonder if the Ranger General Soul knew what her bad part did.
    I agree that Alleria was always stronger than her, but before this cinematic it could be argued Sylvanas would win depending on how much power the Jailer gave her (if he gave 20% of his power it would be different than if he gave her 99%), but now? Alleria is without a doubt far more powerful than Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    But, seeing her pity Bolvar, Thrall and Jaina is cringy, because she looked like that when she burned Teldrassil:
    And she forced the dying elf lady to watch the tree burn. That's cruelty for the sake of cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    And she forced the dying elf lady to watch the tree burn. That's cruelty for the sake of cruelty.
    No, you got it all wrong. She only did that because she was convinced the Jailer was a good guy with a good plan. It wasn't for the sake of cruelty; it was for the greater good.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

It's been hours....the only ones that on top of seeing a spoiler vid like this are guys just like you. Within a day the likes will outweigh the dislikes 10 to 1 once the casual audience sees. Quote me. Also... 1.4k dislikes, i really shouldn't have to tell you how low that is...lol
    so here we are mate
    almost 2 days later even, and its 4k likes against 10k dislikes.
    seems like its not just the "hAtErS", people actually just dont like it huh
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

It's been hours....the only ones that on top of seeing a spoiler vid like this are guys just like you. Within a day the likes will outweigh the dislikes 10 to 1 once the casual audience sees. Quote me. Also... 1.4k dislikes, i really shouldn't have to tell you how low that is...lol
    This didn't age well.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I agree that Alleria was always stronger than her, but before this cinematic it could be argued Sylvanas would win depending on how much power the Jailer gave her (if he gave 20% of his power it would be different than if he gave her 99%), but now? Alleria is without a doubt far more powerful than Sylvanas.
    Would that be the case though? The Jailer surely got lazy giving her more power when she fought Malfurion or Tyrande or during Undercity Siege against Jaina. I'm not sure that would change with Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Hence, why her change of heart feels a bit forced.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hence, why her change of heart feels a bit forced.
    Tbh the core idea is not terrible, but the execution 100% is... as has often been the case with Blizz over the past 13 or so years since wotlk ended.

If they had the heroes retrieve it previously and used the fusion to end the bossfight her turn would be much more organic tbh. As is the people who don't read the extended media see it as a contrived asspull, which it kind of still is, but yeah. They're just trying to dig themselves out of a hole they made by a crapton of retcons and bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This didn't age well.
    I have to say I liked that cinematic and I loved the Jailer in his full power but the part that I didn't liked was the forced redemption part. Not everyone deserves redemption.