Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He has one, or so he claims, but somehow it didn't pick it up, or he blocked the camera as he threw it in the car.
    He had his chest facing away from the car when he threw the bag in. Assuming the piece of shit is practiced in doing this, keeping the camera pointed away from it would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He had his chest facing away from the car when he threw the bag in. Assuming the piece of shit is practiced in doing this, keeping the camera pointed away from it would be easy.
    Every single case, traffic stop, and questioning this guy has ever done should come into question now, and every case should get overturned. He should be convicted, put in Gen Pop, and fired from ever being a cop again for being a fucking felon. And they should pay this guy millions for planting evidence, and so should everyone that was convicted by this dirty cop. And they should take it out of the pension fund, not the police fund, or the city/county. Hit these cops where it hurts.

I mean...you'll get no argument from me. But you know as well as I do that literally none of that is going to happen. At best, if there is enough public outcry, he'll be fired.

Are you now switching sides and going ACAB? Thanks for catching up.
    I have literally always held the position that ACAB. I don't think there's a single political position that I've been more consistent about from my youth through the present.

Every single case, traffic stop, and questioning this guy has ever done should come into question now, and every case should get overturned. He should be convicted, put in Gen Pop, and fired from ever being a cop again for being a fucking felon. And they should pay this guy millions for planting evidence, and so should everyone that was convicted by this dirty cop. And they should take it out of the pension fund, not the police fund, or the city/county. Hit these cops where it hurts.
    Blindly overturning every single case is quite dumb. Rechecking every single case - reasonable and a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Thank you. Indeed an interesting read.
    Last edited by Easo; 2021-07-25 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Did you watch the full video they released of him taking it from the handcuffed guys pocket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentdawn View Post
    Did you watch the full video they released of him taking it from the handcuffed guys pocket?
    Oh, so rather than planting evidence they just tainted it beyond use.

Remind me why the official police uniform isn't big shoes and a red nose, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm a fucking prophet:

Don't worry, they're conducting an extensive internal review which will no doubt reveal that he just thought the black dude had a trashcan in the back seat.

So if I'm getting this right, apparently the officer confirmed the bag wasn't illegal drugs and just tossed in the car as a way to give it back to the owner. Which is all honestly kind of dumb and something he should have realized looked shady if he actually thought about what he was doing. There's probably proper protocol that was ignored there.

The fact that they released the body cam footage so quickly is supposed to mean they are confident this wasn't what everyone thought it was. And it's honestly really doubtful a cop would illegally plant evidence in a car with a guy mere inches away obviously pointing his phone at him and recording everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone see the story about precrime in Tampa? You know, trying to predict who will commit crimes in the future.

Uhhh… what?

No shit…

https://www.tampabay.com/investigati...ccountability/

If this is what departments are spending their funding on we can definitely find a better way to spend those funds. Like investing in education and social programs to HELP the kids they’re currently targeting.
    Holy forking shirt balls.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's been a while since I've visited this thread so forgive me if this has already been posted:

NYC's Non-Police Mental Health Pilot Increasing Rate of Those Getting Aid, Data Show

This is what "Defund the Police" means. And so far it looks like it's working.
    I've always been on board with the message of what "Defund the Police" was, but given today's society's tendency for only being able to pay attention to the headline...it's a pretty terrible hashtag. Requiring anyone who really wants to know about it to spend additional time reading up on what it ACTUALLY means, will end up with exactly what we got; half the country not having a clue what it actually means.

I'm glad to know the actual practice of it is being well received AND is effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've always been on board with the message of what "Defund the Police" was, but given today's society's tendency for only being able to pay attention to the headline...it's a pretty terrible hashtag.
    I agree. In today's soundbite world people don't pay attention past the buzzwords, so this is a bad slogan. We had a debate about this topic a while ago where, as you can imagine, people didn't get the point, but oh well. That's why when items such as what I posted happen I make it a point to link them to the slogan--on the off-chance that anyone against "Defund the Police" will get the point eventually.

Its not a slogan. It was a spontaneous rallying cry during a protest, that the media ran with and blew up.

It doesn't matter though, because no matter what its called the Repubs will be against it. We have to stop blaming the names of idea/movements as the problem....the problem is the American conservative. They literally make up lies and bullshit not matter what something is called. No republican would have been for the idea of taking money away from the police and using it for anything else.....no matter what the idea was called.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its not a slogan. It was a spontaneous rallying cry during a protest, that the media ran with and blew up.

It doesn't matter though, because no matter what its called the Repubs will be against it. We have to stop blaming the names of idea/movements as the problem....the problem is the American conservative. They literally make up lies and bullshit not matter what something is called. No republican would have been for the idea of taking money away from the police and using it for anything else.....no matter what the idea was called.
    Nobody gives a fuck what the Republicans think--not even other Republicans. The hashtag (it doesn't matter where it came from, it's what stuck and everyone uses it) has also turned off many Independents and Democrats who don't read past it, which is why we had the debate over it a while ago. I'm not going to retread old territory here.

Nobody gives a fuck what the Republicans think--not even other Republicans. The hashtag (it doesn't matter where it came from, it's what stuck and everyone uses it) has also turned off many Independents and Democrats who don't read past it, which is why we had the debate over it a while ago. I'm not going to retread old territory here.
    Kinda funny, I had the same debate with my sister years back about feminism needing to rebrand for similar reasons. It’s not fair but once you get a name tarnished it’s hard to gain any headway in the public sphere.

Yeah ok.

Who rebrands it???? No one really started it and the media is the one that really pushes the name. Even if you call it “Effective Community Approach”, they will just lead the story with “Effective Community Approach” also known as Defund The Police…

Which maybe in time that does it, but again who is doing that rebranding??? It’s like trying to rebrand antifa, when it’s not a group.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yeah ok.

Who rebrands it???? No one really started it and the media is the one that really pushes the name. Even if you call it “Effective Community Approach”, they will just lead the story with “Effective Community Approach” also known as Defund The Police…

Which maybe in time that does it, but again who is doing that rebranding??? It’s like trying to rebrand antifa, when it’s not a group.
    You will note that I did not suggest it would or could be "rebranded". It's not fair and it's not an accurate representation of what the movement is, but it's just what it is now. A bad slogan for a good idea. The only solution I have for it is to do what I've been doing: post examples of it in action and saying "THIS is what it is", but I'm open to other ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone see the story about precrime in Tampa? You know, trying to predict who will commit crimes in the future.

Uhhh… what?

No shit…

https://www.tampabay.com/investigati...ccountability/

If this is what departments are spending their funding on we can definitely find a better way to spend those funds. Like investing in education and social programs to HELP the kids they’re currently targeting.
    Precrime, Paul Blart edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The other officer didn't even react, absolute scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Y'all see this shit yet?

Motherfucker.
    The officers body cam footage is why all cops should have them. It went from what was a clip that seemed to show a dirty cop to the body cam footage which showed the cop was not actually planting drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The other officer didn't even react, absolute scum.

That officer needs to be arrested. And if that second officer did not immediately report what her co-worker did then she needs to be terminated asap for being an accessory to the crime.