Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Where did I say that? Come on, or are you so desperate to insult people, you cannot even get the right person quoted? or did you just make a huge assumption I agree because I replied to someone?

As I said, you are always just here to bait, nothing more, nothing less. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, but this is standard for this poster. As I said, just hilarious and depressing at the same time.
    You start spitting insults at me because you couldn't stand someone quoting you in disagreement while all you did in this thread was insult people and seek validation from people that agree with you by quoting them

That's some next level projection

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Who cares honestly. Yes, it's stupid for them to remove it because people are offended by anything, but after playing WoW 14 years I think I've used it 2-3 times at most.
    It's this sort of attitude that allows the constant slide of removal, censorship, and gutting to slowly march forward. It's death by a thousand cuts.

No cut individually every seems that big of a deal, but it always leads to more, and more, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    A few emotes removed, who cares honestly
    A few functions of a game removed, who cares honestly
    A few statues destroyed, who cares honestly
    A few shops looted in the name of equality, who cares honestly
    A few people fired or banned based on public pressure instead of evidence, who cares honestly
    A few companies attacked, who cares honestly
    A few people socially outcast because of something they said 10 years ago, who cares honestly
    A few comedians banned because of jokes they made in the past, who cares honestly
    A small group of people judging and condemning everyone else based on their beliefs, who cares honestly
    A few civil rights removed, who cares honestly

And so on and so on. See a pattern forming yet?
    The fact that this was posted without a speck of irony will forever remain one of my favorite things I've ever witnessed on this forum.

Nah, that's just you trying to keep the conversation going hoping I will say something you can report me for, and then get that little serotonin release in your brain to validate yourself. Honestly, just keep it coming, all you are doing is derailing the thread more and more so it gets closed.
    You mean your very first response to me when all I said was give my opinion that removing sit and jump is ridiculous? Or all that personal insult garbage you've been talking about for 4 posts in a row?

All I did to warrant this from you was give a very fair opinion that plenty of other people already shared. There's one 3 posts above this one. Once again, don't blame me for your own issues or lack of civility, that's on you.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    People would still find ways to complain if 1 pixel was changed in the game world, you have to understand that at the end of that they own the game and they can do whatever the hell they want and not care what people on MMO think (and I'm sure they don't already). Don't like it? Don't sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Players abuse emote to harass players.

Blizzard removes emote.

Shocked Pikachu face.
    Blizzard executives allow their employees to sexually harass others for a decade or more

Blizzard gets sued

Shocked pikachu face

This emote change is meaningless and any dev coming out in support of this is being forced to by blizzard. Just fire all the execs already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Can you be banned for actually /spit on someone? I use that emote sometime on ppl when they being a D. Like stealing something in front of me etc.
    When I rightly take something in front of another person I feel good when they spit on me. It's validation that I am a better player than they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What has the name to do with Blizzard trying to STOP CYBER BULLYING. Just because it's a game about war and magic doesn't mean you can harass people online for buying mounts within the game store lol.
    Blizzard has no right in telling us what is toxic and what isn't. They need to get their house in order first. They have literally let a toxic culture evolve in their own ranks. All executives should be fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    All executives should be fired.
    And replaced by what, exactly?

whats the point of this change when there are countless other emotes that can be used for the same action.

actually this change will infuriate the playerbase and cause even more spam against the users of those mounts.

frankly dont care about these mounts, blizzard-activision is utter scum anyway and will never change to the point they run the company to ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    there are much bigger problems atm than this
    We can also say the same thing about its removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    whats the point of this change when there are countless other emotes that can be used for the same action.

actually this change will infuriate the playerbase and cause even more spam against the users of those mounts.

frankly dont care about these mounts, blizzard-activision is utter scum anyway and will never change to the point they run the company to ruin.
    Exactly fucking THIS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except spitting on someone isn't "protesting". That's just sugarcoating it.
    I guarantee that once Blizzard removes /spit then people will move onto /taunt or some other emote to mount buyers. When that happens then Blizzard will do a massive sweep of removing offensive emotes.
    Never mind the fact that you try to insist FF won't last, despite the fact that they have a ton of items that can be bought in the store only and yet they're seeing a massive influx of players despite that, while they've been doing just well before this even.
    They're seeing a massive influx of players because ex wow players are looking for a better MMO. I guarantee you that FF will lose a lot of players within the next few months for that reason. The reason for the massive influx of players to FF is because of Asmongold.

My friend, all you are doing is ranting, screeching, and basically working yourself up into a tither over nothing.

You sound like a very bitter, upset person, and honestly, until you address that, things will always upset you, and that isn't a way to live, man.

Take a step back, and literally look at what it is you're whining about. Honestly, and truly just take a look, and realise it is so minor and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, as to not only be asinine to get upset over, but possibly insane to do so. It is an emote, and mounts, in a computer game. A COMPUTER GAME.
    IT ISN'T REAL AND HAS NO EFFECT ON YOUR LIFE UNLESS YOU LET IT.
    Like I said, I'm not the only one. Being angry at Blizzard is a normal reaction to the shit they're pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    But how does it make your experience worse that it's gone?
    Are you angry you can't make other people angry?
    I hate this argument because it's clearly pointless. If we're here discussing about removing /spit due to people abusing it towards mount buyers then clearly it has had an effect. Also it has worked in terms of protesting because this is how Blizzard responded. Blizzard is hearing complaints and this is how they responded.

The emote was never used for anything positive so anyone mad about it being gone was part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    We can also say the same thing about its removal.
    how can the removal of a emote in age even come close to problems like the mistreatment of woman, climate change or the covid pandemic? do tell

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the game have a /rude emote?

how can the removal of a emote in age even come close to problems like the mistreatment of woman, climate change or the covid pandemic? do tell
    No, you tell me.

If you point out at the "outrage" of its removal and cite that there are much bigger issues, then i ask you why Blizzard chose to take action against something barely relevant when they are much bigger issues.
    If they had any inkling of understanding of online communities, they should know that there's going to be a debate about it, for obvious reasons.
    (And if they didn't, it just further proves how out of touch they are with reality)

Instead, they chose to plow ahead, remove it and thus instigate a discussion that frankly distracts from much bigger problems.

They removed it.
    They started the discussion.

You cannot take action against something while a whole shitstorm is going on and then shift the blame onto anyone discussing your actions and shame them into not discussing your action citing said shitstorm.
    Blizzard took action against something pretty irrelevant during a shitstorm, they have to explain why they chose to focus not on the shitstorm, hence they cannot hold that up against anyone else.

If they didn't want that discussion in the current situation, then they have to wait until this situation blows over.
    If they deemed it necessary to remove it ASAP, then it's seemingly relevant enough to them, hence the argument "it's actually pretty irrelevant" is defeated.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-01 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, you tell me.

If you point out at the "outrage" of its removal and cite that there are much bigger issues, then i ask you why Blizzard chose to take action against something barely relevant when they are much bigger issues.
    If they had any inkling of understanding of online communities, they should know that there's going to be a debate about it, for obvious reasons.

Instead, they chose to plow ahead, remove it and thus instigate a discussion that frankly distracts from much bigger problems.

They removed it.
    They started the discussion.

You cannot take action against something while a whole shitstorm is going on and then shift the blame onto anyone discussing your actions and shame them into not discussing your action citing said shitstorm.
    Blizzard took action against something pretty irrelevant during a shitstorm, they have to explain why they chose to focus not on the shitstorm, hence they cannot hold that up against anyone else.

If they didn't want that discussion in the current situation, then they have to wait until this situation blows over.
    If they deemed it necessary to remove it ASAP, then it's seemingly relevant enough to them, hence the argument "it's actually pretty irrelevant" is defeated.
    thats actually very simple they are greedy cash grabbers, they don't actually care about debating anymore either that or it it turned ugly 1st, i never seen the thread so i can only speculate.

i agree they cant shift the blame but sadly that's what they are doing, but you have to admit that the game is toxic, but sadly they are starting with the wrong thing.

i also agree that the timing of the removal is a bad thing al tho form the way i see it if people dont want to deal with something the remove it form their site which is what blizz done (personal stance on the mater)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So by your logic, if there was a button that allowed characters to emit a loud high pitched scream, removing it would lessen the game.
    Appealing to extremes is not a good way to strengthen your side of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not removed from Retail (EU) as of yet...just tried it.
    Did you try it on someone riding a store mount?

thats actually very simple they are greedy cash grabbers, they don't actually care about debating anymore either that or it it turned ugly 1st, i never seen the thread so i can only speculate.
    Of course, but by nature, you cannot blame that onto the people discussing it.

People that defend Blizzard are essentially the standin for Blizzard, because i'm not going to refuse a discussion because the initiator of the discussion (in this case, Blizzard) doesn't engage in it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-01 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Why not? He said “any” removal was bad. I think it’s useful to establish that’s a ridiculous position and that some things are worth removing.
    Sure but in the context of World of Warcraft which is what we re talking about here, no such disruptive audio exists so I m pretty sure they were reffering to existing forms of expression.
    As with many many other cases in the past that have been proven correct in the years that preceeded them, people are not so much upset about the removal of the emote but rather about the reason and what it could mean for the future. Removing this emote accomplishes absolutely jack fucking shit in terms of silencing toxicity. And blizzard knows this. What they were aiming with this virtue signaling is to direct the players attention to something else while they sort out the dumpster fire they ve put themselves into. They know full well that players can and will use other emotes to express the same thing and have the same exact effect. If anything, spit doesnt even have an audio queue. Imagine people spamming /lol at people with the mount now. That to me sounds even worse.
    And what will they do after? One by one remove all those emotes instead of adressing the elefant in the room?
    Why not give a tickbox to players that instead mutes these emotes so that players have the agency to block what THEY find detrimental to their experience?
    As much as people want to ridicule the use of /spit by grown adults as childish and immature, grown adults play video games to relax and a lot of times act childish and immature because banter and trash talk is whether you like it or not part of the experience for these types of video games.
    And there have been plenty of items added over the course of time to the game to even help you humiliate your oponnents because its fun when its done in a harmless virtual environment. People that cannot move on from this sadly need to seek help and I m not saying this to make fun of them. But this level of sensitivity will actually be detrimental to your functioning in the real world.