Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    SharpieGate is just plain weird, but whatever.

Hopefully Maricopa County clarifies the issue with the Election Management System being connected to the internet. Especially considering a dude in Phoenix had his house raided by the FBI shortly after the election for remotely accessing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    Hopefully Maricopa County clarifies the issue with the Election Management System being connected to the internet.
    Great news for you, they confirmed this last month - https://twitter.com/maricopacounty/s...101633?lang=en

Especially considering a dude in Phoenix had his house raided by the FBI shortly after the election for remotely accessing it.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=72ee46e434a4

Gathering voter registration data, it had nothing to do with the voters themselves.

Hopefully Maricopa County clarifies the issue with the Election Management System being connected to the internet. Especially considering a dude in Phoenix had his house raided by the FBI shortly after the election for remotely accessing it.
    I think I'm going to need a link to a source for that story that isn't a blog post of some nut living in Texas. Because that story isn't passing the smell test for me.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I think I'm going to need a link to a source for that story that isn't a blog post of some nut living in Texas. Because that story isn't passing the smell test for me.
    Google is hard, I know. Unfortunately, this is the best I could do:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=2ff3253734a4

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Great news for you, they confirmed this last month - https://twitter.com/maricopacounty/s...101633?lang=en
    Way to jump the gun there Edge, I said the Election Management System, not the tabulation devices.

Which, if you actually read the article, deals with voter registration data, not actual votes. Tilting at windmills once more.

Google is hard, I know. Unfortunately, this is the best I could do: https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=2ff3253734a4
    And...did you..y'know actually read that link?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which, if you actually read the article, deals with voter registration data, not actual votes. Tilting at windmills once more.
    Well, I know your emphasis is on the actual votes, I didn't even bring that up. I said the Election Management System.

Starting to look like we need a bigger closet around here for all the new pairs of clown shoes we are getting.

Weirdly, if someone comes into a discussion and says "x happened", I expect them to provide some source. Since presumably they haven't pulled said conclusion from out of a handy orifice. So maybe post properly next time, instead of waiting for someone to ask for a source so you can play your pained, passive-aggressive poster routine.

I can google quite happily. I shouldn't have to because someone is too lazy to post links to their own point.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Weirdly, if someone comes into a discussion and says "x happened", I expect them to provide some source. Since presumably they haven't pulled said conclusion from out of a handy orifice. So maybe post properly next time, instead of waiting for someone to ask for a source so you can play your pained, passive-aggressive poster routine.

I can google quite happily. I shouldn't have to because someone is too lazy to post links to their own point.
    LOL, that gave me a giggle.

Way to jump the gun there Edge, I said the Election Management System, not the tabulation devices.
    There are no routers connected to the system and there never have been. See attached network diagram of the Election Management System (County’s Tabulation System).
    I'll highlight the relevant bit for you, because again, they addressed that conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I know your emphasis is on the actual votes, I didn't even bring that up. I said the Election Management System.
    You brought up the FBI raid and attempted to link that to a potential hack of the Maricopa county data/EME. It has absolutely nothing to do with it.

You're still tilting at windmills.

From the Maricopa County Twitter, dated July 17:

There are no routers connected to the system and there never have been. See attached network diagram of the Election Management System (County’s Tabulation System).

Well I have to admit I am wrong then. For whatever reason, I was under the impression that the EMS stored Maricopa County's voter data and that's the element that the arrested individual accessed. Now here I am to take my floggings accordingly.

Well I have to admit I am wrong then. For whatever reason, I was under the impression that the EMS stored Maricopa County's voter data and that's the element that the arrested individual accessed. Now here I am to take my floggings accordingly.
    To quote yourself:

Google is hard, I know.
    The information is out there if you actually cared to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    To quote yourself:

The information is out there if you actually cared to find it.
    You're absolutely right Benggaul.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to formally apologize to the following posters for not properly researching this issue due a previous misunderstanding on how Maricopa County stores their voter data:

Huehuecoyotl
    Edge

Not really the right thread for this but tangentially related due to the Dominion talk:

Dominion says OAN's 'expert mathematician' who claimed to prove election fraud actually had a job 'setting up swing sets'

One America News' Christina Bobb interviewed the swing set installer, Ed Solomon, on January 27 in a segment about the 2020 election, which President Joe Biden had won nearly three months earlier.

In the interview, Solomon claimed that he conducted a mathematical analysis showing that the results in Fulton County, Georgia, "can only have been done by an algorithm." He added that the probability of Biden's victory in the county was "1 over 10 to an exponent so large there's not enough stars in the universe, there aren't enough atoms in the universe, to explain the number."

It's not clear where Solomon got his dataset, or if he made it up. Factcheck.org compared the numbers he used in his analysis with the data available from Georgia's secretary of state and found that they did not match. An audit of the ballots cast in Georgia in the 2020 election found that the results were correct.
    I would normally post this under the Trump catch-all thread given that it's Trump's cheerleader network but, well, there's no real discussion to be had there at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really the right thread for this but tangentially related due to the Dominion talk:

Dominion says OAN's 'expert mathematician' who claimed to prove election fraud actually had a job 'setting up swing sets'
    You're burying the lede...
    According to Dominion's lawsuit, Solomon is not an "expert mathematician" as OAN claimed, but "was in fact a convicted felon with no college degree." The lawsuit said Solomon's "current job was setting up swing sets in Long Island, New York."
    I guess "Convicted Felon Who Took Some Math Classes In College But Never Got A Degree And Now Installs Swing Sets" just didn't fit in the chyron.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It wasn't connected to the internet. Good try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's not clear where Solomon got his dataset, or if he made it up"
    Well I actually do have a math degree, and I'm willing to take a stab at it.

If I were asked to do this, I would take GA's 2016 data -- 50 to 45 percent -- and apply them to 2020. About 5 million people voted in GA in 2020.

If the odds of a R/D vote were 50/45, and that "die was rolled" 5 million times, the odds of D winning would be...

(runs numbers)

A z-value of 527 thousand. Which in turn, lines up with what the "expert" said. (I know he said "county" but the idea's the same)

That was 100-level stats run with, of course, massive missing context. This "expert" almost assuredly did what I did, only without admitting screwing up on purpose. Stat doesn't so much prove a specific result as challenge one. Did the 2016 rules apply to 2020? No, those odds are "not enough stars" level unlikely. Does that mean fraud? Of course not. We have a "what" but not a "why".

It's easy to make numbers work for you, when you don't care about what you're doing but just want a result that looks good on TV.

Gotta say, this reminds me of when Terrence Howard created his "new math" lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-10502365.html