Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People actually care about blizzcon?

Imagine paying all that money, travelling, etc to be told about World of Warcraft immortal for the iphone

Only thing blizzard have left that even get me abit hyped is D4 but who knows when that will even release.
    Do you hear the voices too?

"Who's excited for Blizzcon!"

...not me.

My excitement for Blizzard products is at an all time low

don't give a shit abouyt blizzcon or blizzconline or whatever, but i am interrested in seeing where they are taking wow next, as now they can't really afford to fuck it up again. Its make or break now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Imagine paying all that money, travelling, etc to be told about World of Warcraft immortal for the iphone
    As a matter of fact, there was someone from Blizzard who stated that they were working on a couple of Warcraft-related mobile games
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

The worst part about that was that Blizzard reps were making comments like, "If you're a Diablo fan, this is the Blizzcon you want to make the trip for!" To any legitimate Diablo fan, the implication of that statement was clear. Then they got Diablo Immortal. Honestly, if I was one of those fans, I would have probably just walked out.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is still excited afther endless amount of dissappointments year afther year?

Clowns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    don't give a shit abouyt blizzcon or blizzconline or whatever, but i am interrested in seeing where they are taking wow next, as now they can't really afford to fuck it up again. Its make or break now.
    Shadowlands already was the make or break expansion.. I guess we all know who won.

Excited to see Diablo 4, have no interest in their other IP's anymore

Don’t you mean CozCon?

Anyways I hope there is one. I’m excited for the future of Diablo Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Two guarantees for BlizzCon for the foreseeable future:

1) Online only -- they'll say it is because of COVID, and sure that's a thing, but it will also allow them to control the narrative at every level. No surprises during Q&As. No protests outside the convention center.

2) Plenty of inclusive panels -- all the women and POC at Blizzard who have dodged discrimination or harassments will throw their weight behind as much pro-Blizz PR they can muster. They'll also get some fans in there, cosplayers, to gush about what's good about the company and the IPs.
    Pretty much spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    As cynical as I may be about the future of WoW, as other games have shown, you can always release something grand with enough effort and the right mindset and gain the favor of customers again, even if they fuck up the next expansion as well. The only factor here is if Blizzard can (read: is allowed to by the bean counters) and wants do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As a matter of fact, there was someone from Blizzard who stated that they were working on a couple of Warcraft-related mobile games
    Wasn't that from their incubation unit, which so far has still nothing at all to show for? They will also wait and see how DI will perform in the east and later west, before they open that can of worms.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Blizzcon is either online only from here on out or completely dead. No way they are coming back from all this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I am no longer interested in any Blizzcon after last lew yers of clown fiesta in this this company.
    My first and last blizzcon I attended was 2018. Sad.

I will only watch it if chester benington is singing "in the end".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    I guess that is to mean never?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    That would definitely be something to excited for!

I used to attend Blizzcon every year. I have rolled up Blizzcon posters stored in my closet. It's basically Disneyland for Blizzard fans, with the rides being being demos of the new WoW expansion/new games/new heroes for HotS and Overwatch. There are also panels by the artists where they show how they make game assets and WoW zones. Also sorta like anime conventions if you are into voice acting, as the panels with the voice actors were really great. Key emphasis on were great. The last two years I went, the voice director for Overwatch wasted half of the panel time talking about diversity, rather than giving the audience what they came here for: to hear the voice actors.

At the end of the second day, there is a cosplay contest. And there is also a guest rock band so you can rave if you want. I always also too tired by the end of the second day to stick around for those, so I just drove home.

I doubt I will go to Blizzcon again. All of the old guard at the company who people cared about are long gone. Just a bunch of nobodies left. And if the last few years of the voice acting panels are to go by, there won't be any actual discussion of the voice direction or getting to hear the voice actors bounce off of each other and entertain the audience. Just more preaching.

blizzcon? more like blizzgone.