Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    The final panel was in there, you see it halfway through in a very small panel.
    That means to me that he still changed it since it wasn't actually the last panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

3+ Year Old Account
    imagine being in some terrorized or some greatly colonized country where your people are eaten by Marley's titans and then you and your fellow survivors are forced to work for Marley so you had to seek help from Paradis and become a Volunteer, but Eren doesn't spare your people and genocides your country anyway.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

If everyone that was a titan turned back into a human at the end then what happened to all the Wall titans? Are there now millions of extra humans that lived a hundred years ago wandering or what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If everyone that was a titan turned back into a human at the end then what happened to all the Wall titans? Are there now millions of extra humans that lived a hundred years ago wandering or what?
    If there are, then any colossals that were traversing the ocean when they turned back into humans would have drowned. So... sad.

As for the survivors, they'd have been displaced in time by about 110 years. Not sure how hard it would be for them to reintegrate into Paradis society, though. Everyone hated Paradis when they were turned into wall titans 110 years ago... and the status quo has pretty much changed to be the same. New technology aside, only real difference would be the rise of state-ism in the modern day, so that'd take some getting used to.

Also, what happened to the slug/slime creature? From the second to last chapter?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-09 at 04:42 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If there are, then any colossals that were traversing the ocean when they turned back into humans would have drowned. So... sad.

As for the survivors, they'd have been displaced in time by about 110 years. Not sure how hard it would be for them to reintegrate into Paradis society, though. Everyone hated Paradis when they were turned into wall titans 110 years ago... and the status quo has pretty much changed to be the same. New technology aside, only real difference would be the rise of state-ism in the modern day, so that'd take some getting used to.

Also, what happened to the slug/slime creature? From the second to last chapter?
    See these are my problems with the ending there is a ton of stuff that isn’t only never answered it’s never brought up at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the wall titans were "special" in that they had no human as a base and were only active when the Founder commanded them.

They didn't give the parasite an ending, though. Reiner was fighting it and then... just gone with no explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

The wall titans were likely created the same way that the puppet titans were on the founders back. More or less empty dolls that follow orders. I was wondering about Hallucigenia too, but it retrospect i am guessing the gas "attack' was actually it just dying. It is hard to tell through what we were shown, though i am sure animated it would actually make sense.

The only thing that is left unsaid is this:
    why did the whole titan empire end when eren was killed, when it were the parasite who was the main enemy and was disconnected from Eren and is the source of everything? kind of a big plot hole if you ask me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    The only thing that is left unsaid is this:
    why did the whole titan empire end when eren was killed, when it were the parasite who was the main enemy and was disconnected from Eren and is the source of everything? kind of a big plot hole if you ask me :/
    Apparently Ymir was satisfied with Mikasa's actions towards Eren, so I can only assume Ymir herself dissolved the titan powers from the Eldian people, or since she finally felt "free", she finally passed away and the titan powers died with her. The parasite was the source of Ymir's titan powers so they should have shown us a conclusion to its life (or maybe Redroniksre is right and its gas attack was its last dying move), but I think the vanishing of the titan powers has enough explanation through the manga to reach a conclusion of why they're gone without the author having to tell us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

With 4/5th's of the world dead there would be no potential future war, the civilization would simply collapse (except the island). By the time world would recover they would have half forgotten what caused it in the first place.
    Gah... The ending sucks, imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally went back and actually read the ending to the manga. I needed some context, as just reading up on how it ends didn't really do it justice for me. Now that I've seen it... I think it was good. I think it was the way it needed to end.

A lot of criticism on the ending saying "it was bad" yet the most criticism I read was Eren's comments about how he wanted Mikasa to be with him only... but saying that while he was dead in the afterlife? Some comments on Reddit said this was a "fuck you" to the fans who had been relationshipping them together since the very beginning, and now when it's all said in done, it's acknowledged.

The whole "time is a closed loop" angle kind of irks me though.

I do have a question about the manga compared to the anime. I am aware that some aspects of the anime depict things differently, and some of these things are intended, with Hajime Isayama saying that the anime depictions are what he wanted to do/what he would have rather done in the manga instead.

My question: Eren's "berserk mode" against the Female Titan in season 1. Is this an example of what Isayama wanted to do? If so, is it canon to the story as a power? I've read theories... but no answer to actually what it actually was.

Or if it was just supposed to be "cool anime moment."

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for the anime to catch up and suddenly the ending becomes the best ending in all of anime. The flip in fandom opinion over the marley arc/beyond once it got animated is so comically hypocritical. I think some people just like being angry.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I finally went back and actually read the ending to the manga. I needed some context, as just reading up on how it ends didn't really do it justice for me. Now that I've seen it... I think it was good. I think it was the way it needed to end.

A lot of criticism on the ending saying "it was bad" yet the most criticism I read was Eren's comments about how he wanted Mikasa to be with him only... but saying that while he was dead in the afterlife? Some comments on Reddit said this was a "fuck you" to the fans who had been relationshipping them together since the very beginning, and now when it's all said in done, it's acknowledged.

The whole "time is a closed loop" angle kind of irks me though.

I do have a question about the manga compared to the anime. I am aware that some aspects of the anime depict things differently, and some of these things are intended, with Hajime Isayama saying that the anime depictions are what he wanted to do/what he would have rather done in the manga instead.

My question: Eren's "berserk mode" against the Female Titan in season 1. Is this an example of what Isayama wanted to do? If so, is it canon to the story as a power? I've read theories... but no answer to actually what it actually was.

Or if it was just supposed to be "cool anime moment."
    basically Ymir actually got Stockholm Syndrome and Eren suddenly want to stop the omnicide for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, what is everyone's opinion for "AOT no Requiem"? basically an ongoing fanfiction where Eren actually does the omnicide
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Up until the ending, Attack on Titan had been about this gritty war story of loss and hate and ruin. And then the definitive climatic moment of the entire manga is a shipping pandering moment where she kisses the MC's head. Ew. But that's the least of the ending's many problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    anyway, what is everyone's opinion for "AOT no Requiem"? basically an ongoing fanfiction where Eren actually does the omnicide
    Thanks for the rec, though if it's too long I probably won't read all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm waiting for the anime to catch up and suddenly the ending becomes the best ending in all of anime. The flip in fandom opinion over the marley arc/beyond once it got animated is so comically hypocritical. I think some people just like being angry.
    Depends on who you talk to. The manga readers and the anime onlys feel like completely separate fandoms to me. Plus, it also depends on where you go. Reddit is a cultish echochamber nobody should be looking at for serious opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh WoW, that fanfic is actually a fan comic? Nice. But there are only two chapters out, it seems.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh WoW, that fanfic is actually a fan comic? Nice. But there are only two chapters out, it seems.
    it's still WIP; and it seems promising considering its hosted megathread is still up in r/titanfolk for 4 months

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoK...pters_138_139/

my friend wrote this; what do you guys think? it proves Pixis' point that conflict will never end as long as there's more than 1 person

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    it proves Pixis' point that conflict will never end as long as there's more than 1 person
    Didn't the canon ending already point towards that, with Paradis being bombed into oblivion and the titan tree growing and the whole cycle starting all over again?

3+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the canon ending already point towards that, with Paradis being bombed into oblivion and the titan tree growing and the whole cycle starting all over again?
    I mean that one still has outsiders alive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how a fan fic proves anything but what the author of the fanfic wanted to prove.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.