Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The bible doesn’t really help unfortunately. This is about knowing women in the modern sense.
    right
    /s

It might be funny if conservatives weren't wasting time on this meaningless culture war horseshit while their actual policies perpetuate sickness and death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that it instantly reveals the email-writers to be angry bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/9/22...ed-greg-abbott

Buckle up mmo champion. I am coming after you(after I move to texas first)
    While I can see why they want that, in reality is a completely shit law. If you can't ban for a viewpoint then you could literally have a Taliban shit head terrorist posting propaganda and you wouldn't be able to ban them. Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hell is "predatory gender fluidity"? Are they just adding words onto concepts they don't like just to try and make them sound like more of a threat?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    The hell is "predatory gender fluidity"? Are they just adding words onto concepts they don't like just to try and make them sound like more of a threat?
    6AM, just woke up logic...possibly someone being gender fluid to engage in assault? "I'm a woman, I can go into the ladies bathroom. Those women and children won't rape themselves in Texas." bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Part of me REALLY wants to watch them get sued under that law for this, just to force a case appealed all the way to the Supreme Court in a high profile case with people who can afford a legal fight.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The narrative with sexual minorities has always been that they're either trying to indoctrinate/confuse children into accepting their degenerate lifestyle, or they're just outright pedophiles...or both.

Trans vampires is the best guess I have for what they're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The narrative with sexual minorities has always been that they're either trying to indoctrinate/confuse children into accepting their degenerate lifestyle, or they're just outright pedophiles...or both.
    Which is more of a new invention. I think people need to be reminded how this amount of hate towards this sort of thing is quite new.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Which is more of a new invention. I think people need to be reminded how this amount of hate towards this sort of thing is quite new.
    Sadly it's not new in American history, the same reasoning was given for segregation during Jim Crow. That black men would enter white women's bathroom to rape them among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Actually that's not particularly new. Back in the 1950s they had legit "educational" films that warned children of homosexuals by straight-up portraying them as pedophiles.

If anything, this acceptance we're seeing of sexual minorities through decades of people fighting for equality is what's new. 15 years ago gay marriage was a hot button political issue. Today, it's legal all throughout the US and is practically a settled issue, legally at least.

What you're noticing is the newfound pushback from bigots who were taught to hate sexual minorities as they see their stranglehold on sticking their noses in other people's lives slip away.

It might sound strange, but I'd say we're living in probably the most accepting times in modern history. Now you can call that sad with all of the consternation and problems surrounding equality of race and sexuality that we continue to see, but... you'd be loath to find a more legally equitable time in human history in the United States, and I'd wager most other countries, as pertains to race and sexuality. The reason things seem so "contentious" now is that people are finally empowered enough to speak out about these endemic problems that before were simply the norm.

Now don't misconstrue calling modern times "the most accepting time in history" with advocating complacency with how things are. There's obviously still a lot of work to be done.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-09-13 at 01:35 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Actually that's not particularly new. Back in the 1950s they had legit "educational" films that warned children of homosexuals by straight-up portraying them as pedophiles.

If anything, this acceptance we're seeing of sexual minorities through decades of people fighting for equality is what's new. 15 years ago gay marriage was a hot button political issue. Today, it's legal all throughout the US and is practically a settled issue, legally at least.

What you're noticing is the newfound pushback from bigots who were taught to hate sexual minorities as they see their stranglehold on sticking their noses in other people's lives slip away.

It might sound strange, but I'd say we're living in probably the most accepting times in modern history. Now you can call that sad with all of the consternation and problems surrounding equality of race and sexuality that we continue to see, but... you'd be loath to find a more legally equitable time in human history in the United States, and I'd wager most other countries, as pertains to race and sexuality. The reason things seem so "contentious" now is that people are finally empowered enough to speak out about these endemic problems that before were simply the norm.

Now don't misconstrue calling modern times "the most accepting time in history" with advocating complacency with how things are. There's obviously still a lot of work to be done.
    Basically, imagine you passed a law banning people burning puppies to death with gasoline.

The pushback here is people bitching that burning puppies to death is a long-standing tradition in their families; that their pappy burned puppies to death, and his pappy before him, and they'll be damned if they can't burn puppies to death themselves. And you HAVE to burn puppies to death; dogs are vile and demonic and puppies are the worst of them. Duh. Obviously. Anyone who isn't crazy knows this. Why are you restricting our freedoms, and punishing people for holding traditional views?

That it's about burning puppies to death with gasoline never comes up. Because they know they're evil, sadistic, abusive motherfuckers. Every single damned one of them. I don't care what equivocations they use, what fears they try to monger. They're all evil, and they are all motivated by a desire to inflict pain and suffering and face no consequences for doing so. They're toddlers throwing tantrums because you made them stop pulling feathers out of a pigeon that got stunned when it hit a window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically, imagine you passed a law banning people burning puppies to death with gasoline.

The pushback here is people bitching that burning puppies to death is a long-standing tradition in their families; that their pappy burned puppies to death, and his pappy before him, and they'll be damned if they can't burn puppies to death themselves. And you HAVE to burn puppies to death; dogs are vile and demonic and puppies are the worst of them. Duh. Obviously. Anyone who isn't crazy knows this. Why are you restricting our freedoms, and punishing people for holding traditional views?

That it's about burning puppies to death with gasoline never comes up. Because they know they're evil, sadistic, abusive motherfuckers. Every single damned one of them. I don't care what equivocations they use, what fears they try to monger. They're all evil, and they are all motivated by a desire to inflict pain and suffering and face no consequences for doing so. They're toddlers throwing tantrums because you made them stop pulling feathers out of a pigeon that got stunned when it hit a window.
    When it comes to such issues the hope is that, if the adult is truly lost, that their children can be educated better. And if fewer and fewer bigots are being made then eventually they'll disappear or, at least, lose any tangible influence in the world.

The best way to do this is through broad-reaching legal precedent, like the aforementioned wholesale legalization of gay marriage across the United States. It removes any air of legitimacy from the bigots and limits all they can effectively do (without facing legal repercussions) to grumbling angrily to themselves. Couple that with the more magnanimous depictions of minorities, racial or sexual, in media we're seeing and children will have a much harder time being coerced into siding with their parents when they can see these individuals they're being told to hate as actual people. Do those things, and you seriously begin to erode away bigotry.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Trans vampires is the best guess I have for what they're thinking.
    lol. Like some sort of Lestat.

But really, what Bushido said.
    My aunt and her crowd do that very thing.
    It's right away to the extreme and kids are being forced or it's pervert men wanting to expose themselves.
    There is no middle ground with them.
    That's the first I've seen that term too.

Funny considering all the predatory behavior that goes on in the church.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol. Like some sort of Lestat.

But really, what Bushido said.
    My aunt and her crowd do that very thing.
    It's right away to the extreme and kids are being forced or it's pervert men wanting to expose themselves.
    There is no middle ground with them.
    That's the first I've seen that term too.

Funny considering all the predatory behavior that goes on in the church.
    You can always hit them with the "you're worried about people claiming to be women so that they can peek at underage girls in locker rooms or bathrooms, but not worried about the men who could do that to underage boys right now?"
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can always hit them with the "you're worried about people claiming to be women so that they can peek at underage girls in locker rooms or bathrooms, but not worried about the men who could do that to underage boys right now?"
    They'd just counter with some silly extremist feminist logic like "males can't be raped" or such shit

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Sadly it's not new in American history, the same reasoning was given for segregation during Jim Crow. That black men would enter white women's bathroom to rape them among other things.
    I mean as human society goes. There’s always been a stigma but it wasn’t always such an issue. An example being how missionaries to England complained to the Pope that they had trouble explaining to the savages why it was “wrong” for men to have sex with other men.