Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Always someone else to blame, always. Also can be noted it is the West, which regularly receives the blame from you. Hmm...

Ah, thanks, good to know my country is fucking stupid. Hey, Baltic brothers, our 20th century struggles were stupid!

Hey, Jews? Screw your two thousand year Aliyah! It's stupid, Elegiac said so!

That was cooked up by Nazi Germany and pretty much an idiotic and impossible idea.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan
    The most ironic part of all of this... is that the Israeli Government has decided that trying what the Nazis did is a decent idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Alternative history and the modern "West is bad" approach coming from a Westerner. Pretty much everything is clear about you.
    P.S.
    Funny, suddenly not a word about calling countries stupid.
    So we have gotten to the part of denying Europe's colonist history I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... there is no spike in islamophobia in europe... there has been a spike in racism against southeast/east asians on the other hand...
    Explains why anti-muslim parties are still so popular in Europe.
    Or how south-east Asia has a ton of Muslims[Indonesia and Bangladesh]

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    *reads the headlines from the last 4 years* Are you sure?
    I would think the deliberate attempts at "regulating" the clothes people wear would be an obvious one...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... there is no spike in islamophobia in europe...
    Yes, there has. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"insulting Islam is allowed under the guise of freedom of expression."

lol... i won't bother reading any further if that's what goes for islamophobia these days....
    but you ignored the part about the deliberate double standard in regards to antisemitism.... because that's not convenient for you to acknowledge or what...?

10+ Year Old Account

lol... i won't bother reading any further if that's what goes for islamophobia these days....
    Yeah it's not like Europe has had a prior problem with unrestricted hate speech in the media causing issues for ethnoreligious minorities. /s
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

there is no double standard... i'm free to insult judaism, christianity, buddhism, christianity and any religion i want to...
    ok, except you're obviously not all of Europe let alone whatever country you live in... good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no double standard... i'm free to insult judaism, christianity, buddhism, christianity and any religion i want to...
    Sure, and we're free to call you a bigot as a result.

Doesn't change the fact that there has been an observable spike in Islamophobia; you being "free to insult anyone" isn't a rebuttal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    ok, except you're obviously not all of Europe let alone whatever country you live in... good lord.
    Just to be clear, when I say Europe I am not and probably never will include Russia in that calculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not illegal to insult any religion in any countries laws' that i know...
    Hate speech laws are a thing, the article is pointing out they are unequally applied between semitic groups (i.e. Jewish people and Muslim people), helping fuel the spike in Islamophobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    hate speech laws covers people
    It covers protected groups, under which religious minorities fall. Try again.

hate speech laws covers people, not religions...
    ....then why does it include antisemitism?

- - - Updated - - -

it's not illegal to insult any religion in any countries laws' that i know...
    that you know.... uh boy this is lazy.

10+ Year Old Account

lol... i won't bother reading any further if that's what goes for islamophobia these days.... we don't live in a theocracy where insulting a religion is punishable...
    Do people really believe that Europe's laws favor the insulting of Islam and protect other religions? This seems particularly feeble, even on its own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Most critics of Israel do not actually contest the necessity of an Israeli state, on the contrary support it.
    Just today on Twitter, the Toronto activist Desmond Cole tried to pull the related ~Hey guys, #FreePalestine doesn't really mean the destruction of Israel, stupid pro-Israel activists~.

What followed was entirely predictable and expected. All his followers called for the destruction of the ethnostate and explicitly attached it to the #FreePalestine movement.
    https://twitter.com/jaimekr/status/1442130269172031488
    Seriously, read the thread. If you think the activism is just negotiating a solution that involves moving the state somewhere else. Look at the people cheering for destruction under the banner of freeing Palestine.

So, no, I can't accept that some majority of Israel's critics accept its existence. They're a little too committed to destroying the Jewish state that currently exists, rather than promoting the establishment of a second one elsewhere.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

cambridge dictionary doesn't make the laws...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_s...aws_by_country

Looking at just European countries...

Croatia, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, and the UK all have laws explicitly stating that religions are protected by hate speech laws. I mean, a quick web search would help before arguing something that's objectively wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    cambridge dictionary doesn't make the laws...
    You're welcome to go down the list of European countries; you'll find most of them include religion in their anti-hate speech laws.

Again, you being ignorant of the subject doesn't make your beliefs factual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    rather than promoting the establishment of a second one elsewhere.
    Because as we all know the establishment of a place where we can send our Jewish people so we don't have to live next to them is in no way antisemitic. /s

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Do people really believe that Europe's laws favor the insulting of Islam and protect other religions? This seems particularly feeble, even on its own terms.

Just today on Twitter, the Toronto activist Desmond Cole tried to pull the related ~Hey guys, #FreePalestine doesn't really mean the destruction of Israel, stupid pro-Israel activists~.

What followed was entirely predictable and expected. All his followers called for the destruction of the ethnostate and explicitly attached it to the #FreePalestine movement.
    https://twitter.com/jaimekr/status/1442130269172031488
    Seriously, read the thread. If you think the activism is just negotiating a solution that involves moving the state somewhere else. Look at the people cheering for destruction under the banner of freeing Palestine.

So, no, I can't accept that some majority of Israel's critics accept its existence. They're a little too committed to destroying the Jewish state that currently exists, rather than promoting the establishment of a second one elsewhere.
    Oh noes, Twitter stuff!

slash jack off motion

10+ Year Old Account
    no, they're not
    Then you won't mind providing evidence of your claims.

lmfaooooo of course the only leg any of these "free Palestine" critics have now is moaning about what random nobodies say on fucking twitter. like holy shit you people are such snowflakes.

no, they're not... you can insult religion all you want in iceland and norway... they don't offer any protection for religions being insulted...
    Basic insults aren't hate speech so...yeah, no duh. Do you need help moving those goalposts? Because you said religions weren't protected by hate speech laws and like...they absolutely are in many European countries. Explicitly so.

Insult =|= hate speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't protect religion... they protect people belonging to a religion against hate speech...
    There is no functional difference.

This has to be the most weaselly attempt at salvaging an incorrect assertion I've seen in some time, rofl.