Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I think y'all are being overly optimistic about 10.0 being announced on Feb. I think we will get 9.2 news to coincide with FF drop, that's just how Blizzard operates. However, I think we will get 9.3 news at Blizzcon, and MAYBE a hint for 10.0 but more than likely not. I think 10 will get announced in a smaller November Blizzcon or at Gamescom in the summer. I don't think they will cut 9.3 or just skip over giving it attention.

The excuses they can use for delay are plentiful and I fully expect Blizz to take advantage of them.
    Money. I think 10.0 will be announced at Blizzconline with a release date of Nov-Dec 2022, because Blizz needs to get another expansion out and they make a significant portion of their profits with a new release and the sales immediately following that.

Whatever they need to drop to make it happen will be dropped.

They aren't getting good press. Another reason for this schedule is that I believe they need or want to start re-framing the conversation around WoW.

I agree with you on the excuses, which they are pretty good at for using to explain why they don't fix things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz just needs big game release. Their bonus worker wage is structured around that, and they haven't seen regular big releases for some time. So it hurts the workers and entire company (that's why Blizz stopped setting the tone in Acti-Blizz tandem for some time). It's now all about next WoW xpac, OW2 and D4 (and maybe Immortal, but that's more of an ongoing stream of revenue).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I often don't bother making theories. When I do, I never really hype myself about it. I don't care if my theories are met. I just care if the story and characters are good. WoW doesn't do that.
    I mean ofc thinking about theories is fun, but lets be honest most of the time you still kinda hope they surprise us, have some deeper meaning or kinda lean on something you had in mind.

There is a line tho, sometimes I am just baffled about what certain people look for into characters or places, with super deep backstories and what the people were doing at that exact moment in time. I mean.. cmon, Blizzard doensn't even know that and when you would ask, they would make something up on the spot. It's just not the type of game that can really execute well on those things. Keeping it simple in the end because 12+.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-25 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Today is monday, which means it's time to post the classic originally posted by either Fahrad or Shadochi in the BFA prepatch thread
    Awwwwn, wholesome posts being wholesome. ♥

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Seems some ex-wow developers have started a new game studio. Guess only time will tell whether they will make something great, or whether their pedigree will cause more disappointment in the long run.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Wow, a studio with no money behind their name making one of the most expensive type of games.

What could go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Seems some ex-wow developers have started a new game studio. Guess only time will tell whether they will make something great, or whether their pedigree will cause more disappointment in the long run.
    I mean, I liked Hellgate: London....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Starting that big, ooof.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would have, uh, definitely started smaller than jumping straight to MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I would have, uh, definitely started smaller than jumping straight to MMO.
    It definitely seems very ambitious. Though some commenters on Wowhead have said that it's not correct, and that they actually said they intended to just create a regular Role-playing game, not an MMO.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Wow, a studio with no money behind their name making one of the most expensive type of games.

What could go wrong
    To be fair, it should just end up being a 2D pixel MMO.

Lets just hope they don't go the route of crowdfunding.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I think y'all are being overly optimistic about 10.0 being announced on Feb. I think we will get 9.2 news to coincide with FF drop, that's just how Blizzard operates. However, I think we will get 9.3 news at Blizzcon, and MAYBE a hint for 10.0 but more than likely not. I think 10 will get announced in a smaller November Blizzcon or at Gamescom in the summer. I don't think they will cut 9.3 or just skip over giving it attention.

The excuses they can use for delay are plentiful and I fully expect Blizz to take advantage of them.
    I'm trying to at least stay a little optimistic. If I want to get full pessimistic I could join the "We're going to get 3 very slow patches and then a year drought and 10.0 wont' launch until Fall 2023."

But I'm adamant that WoW would hit sub-1 million players if that happened, so I'm going to not set up shop in that corner.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

What could go wrong
    Not much, given that they have no money to make mistakes with. Of course, they won't produce much else either.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed, it's sad how Netflix provides you with more content than WoW while charging less.
    If you're playing MMO's only for its lore while being anxious about when the next patch comes out, you're doing it wrong. MMO's will never have the same pace of any series, I mean, maybe a movie series where we get a chapter every 2 years.

It's an MMO game, the focus is the gameplay and replayability, lore is just the background of the whole thing. If lore were the main focus, we would have a TV series, not a game.

Patches lasting 6-7 months are the perfect amount of time from a gameplay perspective, enough time for a healthy PVP and M+ season, and also enough time for mainstream Mythic raid groups to clear the raid.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-10-25 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    If you're playing MMO's only for its lore while being anxious about when the next patch comes out, you're doing it wrong. MMO's never will have the same pace of any series, I mean, maybe a movie series where we get a chapter every 2 years.

It's an MMO game, the focus is the gameplay and replayability, lore is just the background of the whole thing. If lore were the main focus, we would have a TV series, not a game.

Patches lasting 6-7 months are the perfect amount of time from a gameplay perspective, enough time for a healthy PVP and M+ season, and also enough time for mainstream Mythic raid groups to clear the raid.
    Comparing a single game to Netflix is also rather silly. Steam or Epic would be a better comparison to it.

So, idk if its a prediction so much as what i would like.

I want shadowlands to end on a loss for us, I want for zoval to essentially thanos snap us at the end of his fight, leaving us dead (with a plot armor to rez us obviously) but also leaving several key characters actually dead dead and removed from the cycle and existance and zoval gone (think like thanos at the end of endgame). the raid ends with the bronze or infinite dragonflight showing up (leading to that rez for our loot). we return to azeroth in tatters and in chaos. zoval has destroyed so much of it (making cata look like a walk in the park) and revamping that world in areas (and pushing galakronds return or something dragon related to addd to that dragonflight stuff being hinted at)

Where Id like 10.0 to go from there is a dragon based expansion. But i would want that to directly tie in to the powers we have seen. dont just have me fight a dragon, have trhem fight in their humanoid forms and transform for phase changes abusing the strengths of both (and giving us a sight of the infinite dragonflight humanoid forms?)
    I have a feeling due to all the "musical instruments" all over this expac and blizzards tendency to hint at things that the bard class is coming, i will be remaining my edgelord self and staying demon hunter/dk for transition. I also feel that zoval wont be the immediate final boss but rather built back into later as he is shown to be a threat as well as on a revenge throw just like as i said earlier, endgame.

while this is all what i WANT. (except bard which i think will happen due to prior stated reasons) 98% chance we kill zoval is 9.2 and go about things from there as usual bc we are apparently more powerfull than gods but can barely gett sylvanas to half health when shes empowered with a fraction of zovals power.

People have been wanting us to lose an expansion since WoD. Closest we got was Broken Shore, which we then proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone after.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have been wanting us to lose an expansion since WoD. Closest we got was Broken Shore, which we then proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone after.
    I mean given the kinds of enemies we're fighting on an expansionly basis, we cannot be allowed to lose. Because "losing" means Azeroth blows up.

Hell we're reaching the point now with the Jailer where "losing" means the entire cosmos blows up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question that nobody is asking and a topic nobody is discussing:

what is the color scheme of the next expansion going to be?

It's mostly tied to the 'World of Warcraft' logo for that expansion, but sometimes all promotional material supporting that expansion follows that scheme. Of course the color scheme is to go with the theme/setting of the expansion... the silver/dark-ish blue for 'Battle for Azeroth' stands out the most to me, and the black/green of 'Legion' holds a special place in my heart.

Black and white for Shadowlands makes sense I suppose... it's spooky. If the next expansion were to be the Light versus Void expansion... gold/yellow and purple?

10+ Year Old Account
    If its Light Vs Void, the top side is yellowish gold and the bottom is all Void and black ish. I don't know how that would look but..... /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi