Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Definitely, but heres the kicker for me....

Yrel is being set up hard as a light based antagonist. Only one problem, she's stuck in AU draenor.

What if nozzy, or then Murozond, brings her to azeroth at the end of 10.0 in an attempt to fight the void by creating an infinite army. Then that sets up 11.0 light void expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the mount text say it was built.by a gnome that had some kind of vision??????

Oh boy.
    I will say what I have said before. WoW expansions are heavily teased not the expansion prior, but two expansions prior.
    The Legion was heavily teased in MoP. Return of faction war stuff was heavily teased in WoD. Shadowlands was an important plotpoint at several points in Legion. And most recently we have BfA, that all but punched you in the face with all the dragon stuff.
    Shadowlands is heavily teasing Light and Void, which is why I think it will be more important in 11.0.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Didn't the mount text say it was built.by a gnome that had some kind of vision??????

Oh boy.

What if the vision was about discovering the isles with MOTHER working together with the tinker's union.
    Yes:

A mad gnomish inventor had a dream to ride a dragon, so he created this metal monstrosity. He powered it with a trapped demon, in order to create "an authentic dragon soul," and did not survive its activation.
    And further:

The fearsome Steamscale Incinerator is a spark-breathing robo-terror that rules the skies wherever it flies. Legends say a mad gnomish inventor had a deranged dream to ride a dragon, so he built this metal monstrosity powered with a trapped demon in order to create "an authentic dragon soul."
    Though don't take it as a sure thing based on that. Remember that the Sylverian Dreamer mount was similarly born of a dream (an artist's dream, specifically), but they showed up in Ardenweald. You could argue there's still a dream connection there but that's a bit of a stretch if you ask me.

Still, they have in the past taken mounts from the next expansion and used them as store mounts, so who knows. Though if so they've been working on that one with the Steamscale for a while.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Obvious option for Blizzard is of course to just hang on to it and give it at a future Blizzard event, but it would be neat if it was given as a time-limited award from the final patch of Shadowlands. Something like completing all the covenants give you the backpack.
    I memed about the Twitch Drop but it would be a neat way to do it. Like announce the event and be like "See the next big thing for WoW January 21st" and then if you watch the stream for a certain amount of time you get the backpack.

I just dont' know if Youtube has a similar system.

Otherwise yeah they could just be like "if you login on the week of the expansion announcement you get the backpack."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    You mean the models that have been there since bfa and were likely discarded war front assets? LOL.
    Neither of those statements are accurate, good job on making a post though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    AHAHAHGHHSAGHAHGSASHAHAHAHHAH YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/reimagi...ncelled-324630

Clowns. The one last hope people had, the last thing some ppl were hyped up for, canceled.
    At this rate FFXIV will release a second expansion before WoW 10.0 comes out. Also prepare for the longest content drought in the history of the game, eclipsing even 14 months of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Can't see at work, what's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Can't see at work, what's it?
    Another bullshit 4chan leak, but because it said Blizzcon is cancelled (which the leak says) that means its true.

Remember guys, don't complain about not getting any content because according to some WoW devs it makes YOU a part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Remember guys, don't complain about not getting any content because according to some WoW devs it makes YOU a part of the problem.
    If you're telling them not to go to peaceful protests because you want game content, then yeah you're the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say what I have said before. WoW expansions are heavily teased not the expansion prior, but two expansions prior.
    The Legion was heavily teased in MoP. Return of faction war stuff was heavily teased in WoD. Shadowlands was an important plotpoint at several points in Legion. And most recently we have BfA, that all but punched you in the face with all the dragon stuff.
    Shadowlands is heavily teasing Light and Void, which is why I think it will be more important in 11.0.
    To expand on this off the top of my head.

- MoP had the Burdens of Shao-Hao which was about how Pandaria was spared during the War of the Ancients. It also had Wrathion's entire questline about "Listen the Legion is returning and I need someone to unify the factions against it."

- WoD I don't know how it teased the Faction War, outside of Ashran existing I guess but I dont call that a tease I call that "Wintergrasp 3.0." It did however have a fair bit of Void content in Shadowmoon to go along with their Light content, which could be interpreted as teasing N'Zoth I guess? Shrug. I blame the fact this expansion got rewrote partway through development.

- Legion had the entire Helya arc, it started the Sylvanas roll into where we are now, and Odyn as it turns out was also Shadowlands teasing.

- BFA had a lot of dragon content tucked away in there as we talked about 2 years ago. There was a huge dangling thread where if we do the Black Dragonflight island you could get an item that gives a quest to give the item to Wrathion, and he talks about the Dragon Isles.

- Shadowlands of course has had a big amount of setup for the Light being bad, as well as the revelations about the First Ones and the true Ordering of the Universe.

So assuming the trend of "Expansions are teased two expansions out" holds water, our next two expansions are in theory Dragon Isles, then Shadowbringers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this rate FFXIV will release a second expansion before WoW 10.0 comes out. Also prepare for the longest content drought in the history of the game, eclipsing even 14 months of SoO.
    You don't really know that and that person is incorrect, the sky is not falling, its trying to heal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    O yeah great move on taking a statement out of proportion. But of course just as I said, if your house is on fire, you dont decorate it in fancy stuff and act like nothing happened. People like you are a problem regardless, tho.

If next expansion isn't multiple themes ala Cata, I'll eat my hat. Mostly Light stuff is being foreshadowed right now but Azshara and Xalatath are large plot hooks that aren't Light oriented, meaning dual Light and Void themes are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Clowns. The one last hope people had, the last thing some ppl were hyped up for, canceled.
    Yes, focusing on actual development across all games over a two-day event entertaining the masses definitely spells doom
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, focusing on actual development
    You let me know when they do that. Maybe they’ll start releasing more than one content patch per year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If next expansion isn't multiple themes ala Cata, I'll eat my hat. Mostly Light stuff is being foreshadowed right now but Azshara and Xalatath are large plot hooks that aren't Light oriented, meaning dual Light and Void themes are possible.
    You say that and I just had a terrifying vision.

BFA 2.0.

- Dragon Isles because there's a Titan Facility there that's effed up.
    - The Void (via Azshara and Xal'atath) are there going after corrupting the World Soul.... again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

BFA 2.0.

- The Void (via Azshara and Xal'atath) are there going after corrupting the World Soul.... again.....
    Light would be attacking too, but yeah if BFA 2 means "cosmic stuff attacks Azeroth thats not Demons" then get ready for BFA 2. Aside from Scarlets and Botani not many ground level threats are set up besides maybe Magatha and the Grimtotem.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Hmmm,
    What does the Towelliee knows?
    Towelliee knows his vague statements will be mistaken for insider information by his fans. Like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

BFA 2.0.

You need more than that to make it the authentic BfA experience.

Story is heavily teased as dragons. Trailer shows the dragon aspects doing dragon stuff, and the pre-patch is all about helping dragons. Gameplay in 10.0 and 10.1 is all about dragons, and gameplay gimmicks are about flying around on draconic wings. 10.2 even takes place on a floating island to faccilitate the flying gameplay feel.

Then 10.3 is all about Azshara, who has taken residence over some catacombs under un'goro crater. The factions we have been invovled with in the previous patches completely disappear, and the only remant of the expansion ever having been about dragons and flying around doing fun stuff is that you still need to return to a flying dragon sanctuary where dragons roam freely to pick up quests. Otherwise its all about that underground feel.

God I hate how BfA ended...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Towelliee knows his vague statements will be mistaken for insider information by his fans. Like always.
    Maybe he will bless us with new and exciting insider info. Like that 10.0 devs are hard at work making armor sets. Or that the Adventure table will work differently from how it works now. Or maybe even something more daring, like that the first raid will have a really long final boss.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Maybe he will bless us with new and exciting insider info. Like that 10.0 devs are hard at work making armor sets. Or that the Adventure table will work differently from how it works now. Or maybe even something more daring, like that the first raid will have a really long final boss.
    I bet the first raid will have a positive integer number of boss encounters!