Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would've been an excellent addition years ago.

Now, I'm just here to consume the fun drama until its fully spent and the game reaches its final resting place of an inoffensive, empty grey circle of apathy. Well, the metaphorical one, not Oribos.

My only ask is this system deliver me comedy.

Won't this end up like the raider/theorycrafter private forum thing where they round up a lot of people who have a ton to offer, play weird social games with them, berate them for not sucking up hard enough, and then ultimately ignoring them before deciding to ditch it altogether? Blizzard's is pretty infamous for ignoring feedback and then blaming the people who provided it.

Because long ago I actually cared for the lore...

Because I can be nodded at and smiled at just as well as everyone else as what I say goes in one ear and out the other of people working at Blizzard!

Not even if they pay me.

I shouldn’t be, they will either half ass listen or not at all and it would drive me nuts. People on this non private council will be community targets

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Thank you for letting us know why you shouldn't be on the council.

I personally don't think folks should take this idea seriously. They're not going to honor it, especially not with the way they're advertising it. It is simply a way for them to go look, the people in the council said this is what you wanted. Then the rest of the player base, who does not agree with the council, will still be mad, just like they are now.

If they were genuinely serious about this type of idea, they would ask the players themselves through surveys. Like they do for the higher-end players in Diablo 3, and Overwatch. From there, award game time, or in-game cosmetics, something that way they know their time is valuable, and so the player takes it seriously.

I have been lucky enough to get NDA emails from Blizzard in regards to Diablo 3 for years, I don't disclose what they talk about, but we're allowed to mention they exist. Which MMO-C has already posted about them in the past anyway. I still think it is the perfect way to do it, otherwise, this "council" is going to turn into another echo chamber for streamers and elitist jerks, which honestly, is what I think Blizzard wants anyway.

I view myself as a casual player, who at times, can be hardcore. I've hit 2400+ in the arena, but never good enough to get a glad title, I've done CE, but not consistently, have been 3500+ on raider.io a few times, but only when I care. I would not be the player someone would want on a council. But the reality is, someone who has NEVER done any of those things, shouldn't be either. One person can't speak for another, you need loads of replies/data to decide what to do. Not a small council who will in the end, most likely feed off each other, and gain some sort of "superiority" over the common/casual player.
    I'm def more qualified than you. As you can see, I believe in being positive, while negativity is just all your life is about.

The people who should be in the council won't be on it. Blizzard needed middle men for dealing with theorycrafters because devs couldn't handle their terrible ideas being ripped apart in front of them.

I expect nothing but brown noses and the people parroting " muh meaningful choices " pre shadowland launch to be on it. I expect nothing but pointless drivel questions being answered.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    No interest in participating in any such council.

Blizzard knows the real answer to energize WoW...they need to stop being cheap.

Instead, they are offering to waste a bunch of people's time so that they can claim that they really, really care (except in the one way that would matter...actually reinvesting more than a tiny sliver of the money they make off their loyal players).

Stop being fooled by corporate PR.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I'm def more qualified than you. As you can see, I believe in being positive, while negativity is just all your life is about.

I always thought WoW and MMOs were for losers

No, you aren't. I also stated in my post I'm not someone who should be considered for the council either. But that is neither here nor there, as you obviously didn't even read my post. You literally started your post by calling fans of the MMO genre losers. Yet I'm negative? Um... what? lol

This again gives you another reason why you should never be considered for it. You're looking specifically for an echo chamber, and disregard others' opinions that aren't in line with your own.

I find folks that seek out those types of positions, are typically folks who should never be in those positions. IE; you.

Have you ever competed at a high level in raiding, PVP, or m+? If so, why wasn't any of that listed? Leading a guild? Cool? Did you ever achieve anything? If so why wouldn't you list it? Guessing you might be a guild that clears only normal if that? That isn't someone I want to give ideas to Blizzard about what to do with the game. You have even experienced all of it, but you want to be able to influence others who have? Again, all the more reason why someone like you, should never be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Because good and popular aren't one in the same.
    Yeah, so people still just want THEIR changes made, regardless of it driving away a chunk of the playerbase, and likely losing money.

This is everything wrong with modern gaming communities - "well, this game does not offer specifically, and EXACTLY what I want, how I want it, when I want it, so they should CHANGE the game".

*But many people don't want those changes*

"Yes, but I do, so these are great changes, even if many people hate them and the company will lose money"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    No go for me. I think solo content sucks and primarily do group PvE content. I’d alienate part of the player base with my suggestions, aka more raids.
    That would be fine. They want every type of player eg. Hardcore raids to casual xmog farmers.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No one can have that much power!"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah, so people still just want THEIR changes made, regardless of it driving away a chunk of the playerbase, and likely losing money.

This is everything wrong with modern gaming communities - "well, this game does not offer specifically, and EXACTLY what I want, how I want it, when I want it, so they should CHANGE the game".

"Yes, but I do, so these are great changes, even if many people hate them and the company will lose money"
    Large chunks of the playerbase have been dropping like flies for years now. Who Blizzard decides to listen to will be pretty interesting.

Them letting up on the shit tier korean grinds would be a nice start...

It is tiring pointing out problems for blizzard to sabotage their own game with their " vision"

Buncha appologizing crackheads wanna lead and influence anonymous global players.

I say people should get their own shit in order, their own insecure emotions under control.

Before demanding other players follow heed.

How many of these people are punk ass pussies going "WATCH WHAT YOU SAY OR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Welcome to Civility indeed. Guards up. We have wild animals around~

Blizzard made very clear that people like me are not the desired target audience quite some time ago, and have only doubled down on that since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Leer View Post
    I would argue there isn't a point to the council as the forums are that.
    Yeah pretty much. It’s just another forum were they pretend to listen to player feedback and care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Gonna end up being a group of yes-men and bliz apologists because thats really the demographic of people still around and posting with regularity. I'm sure it will be very productive.
    Yeah that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Them letting up on the shit tier korean grinds would be a nice start...

It is tiring pointing out problems for blizzard to sabotage their own game with their " vision"
    Hey, I dont disagree, i REALLY dont............HOWEVER, you must understand that large portions of this site alone, however tiny it is, genuinely want MORE of that stuff, AND they want MYTHIC raid gear to come from it. They dont want to raid, they dont want to pvp, they dont want to do any group content, but want to GRIND their way through......grinds.....to be rewarded with Mythic raid gear.

I have suggested long quest chains with Mage Tower style bosses at the end, on par with when they were first released as far as difficulty goes - although a couple thought this was a great idea, MOST said it wasnt fair because the difficulty was "mythic raider difficulty".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Hey, I dont disagree, i REALLY dont............HOWEVER, you must understand that large portions of this site alone, however tiny it is, genuinely want MORE of that stuff, AND they want MYTHIC raid gear to come from it. They dont want to raid, they dont want to pvp, they dont want to do any group content, but want to GRIND their way through......grinds.....to be rewarded with Mythic raid gear.

I have suggested long quest chains with Mage Tower style bosses at the end, on par with when they were first released as far as difficulty goes - although a couple thought this was a great idea, MOST said it wasnt fair because the difficulty was "mythic raider difficulty".
    Kill'em off.

We did throughout tbc and early wrath. I am tired of pretending what they want is reasonable...hell I am beyond willing to think it is reasonable enough to be entertainable .

It is a little out of date but well I suppose it could be christmas like..

https://youtu.be/WRFcupPBG2M

The damage these... I am not even sure what to call them? Lost skyrim players? Have done has gotten completely out of hand. If its them or me... well it isn't gonna be me.