Expansion reveal in early June 2022 on E3 seems more likely every week. And a Q1 2023 release date is probably the safest bet right now.

I'm gonna inhale some of this copium I got beside me, but im guessing its coming friday. So people can try it out during thanksgiving week since Blizzard is on vacation during that period

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Expansion reveal in early June 2022 on E3 seems more likely every week. And a Q1 2023 release date is probably the safest bet right now.
    Blizz hasn't done an E3 since before WoW launched, I doubt they start now. Especially with E3 basically on its death bed.

I'd say expansion reveal in a livestream after Hall of Fame Spelchur closes looks increasingly likely. 2023 launch should be the standard at this point, especially for anyone talking World Revamp.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz hasn't done an E3 since before WoW launched, I doubt they start now. Especially with E3 basically on its death bed.

I'd say expansion reveal in a livestream after Hall of Fame Spelchur closes looks increasingly likely. 2023 launch should be the standard at this point, especially for anyone talking World Revamp.
    I'm not entirely even sure Q1 2023 would be possible for those talking world revamp. There's just too much work to do to get there, though if 9.2 is the last patch & comes out in Feb/Mar, it doesn't seem likely that 9.2 is going to be able to keep WoW afloat for that long. Maybe with a good 9.2.5 with something like the Allied Race system.

I also don't think the announcement would be at E3. Maybe a PAX or Gamescom if it takes that long.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm not entirely even sure Q1 2023 would be possible for those talking world revamp. There's just too much work to do to get there, though if 9.2 is the last patch & comes out in Feb/Mar, it doesn't seem likely that 9.2 is going to be able to keep WoW afloat for that long. Maybe with a good 9.2.5 with something like the Allied Race system.

I also don't think the announcement would be at E3. Maybe a PAX or Gamescom if it takes that long.
    I'm thinking "Spring" myself. So like March/April. Which honestly would be average or maybe even a bit under average for a final patch length.

But I'm also assuming that this revamp has been in the background for the last few expansions and the Warfronts were teases of what the updated zones would look like.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While on some level this makes sense, if were supposed to be in 9.2 for a full year I expect subs to drop so low WoW no longer becomes a viable property & they just end server support entirely. Right now were about 1.5 mil subs away from wow being cancelled outright. Like HotS

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But I'm also assuming that this revamp has been in the background for the last few expansions and the Warfronts were teases of what the updated zones would look like.
    Maybe it started as project before Legion? We have no idea what Tom Chilton is doing since 2016.

That would also explain how SL is around 25% smaller by design.

June is way too late. Blizzard knows how busted they are and how poorly Shadowlands has been received. Same goes with 9.2, it’s reception is lukewarm, at best.

Announcing the next expansion must happen asap, even if they don’t have that much to show and just give us the main features. If it’s new class x new races x revamp x talent overhaul or whatever, we really need only the buzzwords to generate a massive hype.

I still find it way too optimistic to expect a world revamp. There are hints, but y’all treating it like it’s a 100% safe bet is very gullible in my opinion.

There’s a reason why Shadowlands was always planned to end with 9.2 and it’s not that the next expansion comes 6 months later than one would expect.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-18 at 06:39 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, I decided to make a ranking based on Metacritic User Score, and it looks like this:

Feels accurate to me.

Seems pretty accurate.
    Although rating on WotLK, BC and Classic would be closer to 100 imo
    And MoP could be head of Cata too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Announcing the next expansion must happen asap, even if they don’t have that much to show and just give us the main features. If it’s new class x new races x revamp x talent overhaul or whatever, we really need only the buzzwords to generate a massive hype.
    I don't think that at this anything can generate massive hype for WoW or any Blizzard product.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Right now were about 1.5 mil subs away from wow being cancelled outright
    And you got these numbers from where exactly?

Oh yeah, just as I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't think that at this anything can generate massive hype for WoW or any Blizzard product.
    I doubt this. It just has to be massive. Another BfA or Shadowlands for sure would be a dud, but an expansion packed with features, especially if it's new races and a new class and more than that, will create goodwill and hope. Those things alone create hype. It just needs to be HUGE.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    And you got these numbers from where exactly?

Oh yeah, just as I thought...
    Obviously straight from his behind

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    While on some level this makes sense, if were supposed to be in 9.2 for a full year I expect subs to drop so low WoW no longer becomes a viable property & they just end server support entirely. Right now were about 1.5 mil subs away from wow being cancelled outright. Like HotS
    Bull, you can sustain an MMO with 200k subs easily, even less, especially if you filter them down to shop goblins and the hardcore addicts that plague this forum. I also think your 1.5m is rather high as an implied number of current (retail) subs. Then you also have alot of the classic subs that currently prop up the subscriptions anyway. Once there will be a wrath release we will see the last big rush for classic, that will keep them floating for another year easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe it started as project before Legion? We have no idea what Tom Chilton is doing since 2016.

That would also explain how SL is around 25% smaller by design.
    Isn't chilton heading the icnubation unit that so far has produced nothing at all?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion reveal mid 2022? Are you folks nuts? That's a late 2022 release.

In the condition the game is in, with a coming patch that is nothing more than staying on the course the game has trekked so far, Blizzard is pretty much agaisnt a wall.

They either rush the next xpac out and deal with the aftermath of another half-assed product, or they take their sweet time polishing it while also dealing with the consequences of having their players play a..... empty patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe it started as project before Legion?
    There were new westfall terrain textures in BfA beta, if those are the first signs (that I remember) it might imply this having started during Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There were new westfall terrain textures in BfA beta, if those are the first signs (that I remember) it might imply this having started during Legion.
    Well to be fair, there isn't a huge jump from Legion graphics to Shadowlands in terms of environment, so I would totally be fine with that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well to be fair, there isn't a huge jump from Legion graphics to Shadowlands in terms of environment, so I would totally be fine with that.
    If they just updated the trees in the old world, I'd probably be a happy camper..

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    If they just updated the trees in the old world, I'd probably be a happy camper..
    Yes! New feature for 10.0: Trees you can walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Seems pretty accurate.
    Although rating on WotLK, BC and Classic would be closer to 100 imo
    And MoP could be head of Cata too.
    MOP should be ahead of Cata. Does it say when those games were scored? I remember playing MOP and a lot of people didn't like it back then but then realised that it was actually really good.

For me, legion will still always be my favourite expansion solely down to class fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.