Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I still can't believe how the game is 8 years old and its still getting snubbed for the music category.
    Honestly awards for music in video games seem to be cursed across the board.

Every year in every video game awards related stuff, you see games with mediocre to passable music pulling ahead of games that genuinely deserve to be recognised for their music

FF14 wins a award for best community....

People outside the community bitch about it....

Congratz to those complaining about it, you played yourselves.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Two thoughts:

1) Neat.

2) We take the Golden Joysticks seriously?
    Do we take any game awards or really awards in general seriously anymore?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I find it interesting that the person with the transphobic account name that was created only yesterday and posted only singularly shitting on FF14 is performing all this fake outrage about him being portrayed as a bigot...

...when literally all I said is that he appears to be incredibly incensed that he cannot use slurs in FF14.

And he continues to prove it. As well as lie about what people in other parts of the FF14 think about something.

It's very telling that his response to me saying, "You appear very angry you cannot be a bigot in FF14" is to call me a mentally deficient cultist bootlicker brainwashed drone who would rather kill myself than criticize FF14.

Even though, as he's stalked my posts looking for shit to bring up from the past, surely he'd find posts where I repeatedly talk about the shortcomings of the game.
    Actually had to google because I never heard of that word before but, low and behold. Just makes the whining and victimhood complex more hilarious and now I have a better idea as to what their exact problem with the game's TOS might be.

In a sense you gotta appreciate the transparentness of this character. Days old burner Account? Check. Slur in the username? Check. Incredibly hostile for no discernable reason? Check Check. This whole shtick is so overdone and transparent that I'm actually surprised they're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

"FF14 has amazing friendly community"
    someone points out that saying the FF14 community is friendly is equal to saying the chinese population acts happy. Being friendly and being friendly due to the fear of repercussions is not the same.

proceeds to chimp out and call everyone a bigoted racist.

Yeah, they're superfriendly. How the turntables have turned.

No, you're not clever. No, they didnt "play themselves"

If anything, this thread is just proof that the FF14 comm is jsut as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Do we take any game awards or really awards in general seriously anymore?
    If its associated with movies, TV, or video games --- ehh not really.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Honestly the biggest bitching just seems to be coming from some caricature. Anyone else who's come in with actual criticisms at least seem like actual human beings and not a sapient outrage algorithm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Troontown View Post
    someone points out that saying the FF14 community is friendly is equal to saying the chinese population acts happy. Being friendly and being friendly due to the fear of repercussions is not the same.

"Oh look at me barging into this thread to throw around insults and act incensed that these toxic FF14 players are acting hostile to me!"

As he said, you're just playing yourself buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    To be quite fair, FFFXIV has Blizzard and their incompetency to thank. More power to them though, they've been making the right steps so far - let's see how Endwalker kicks off.
    While Blizzard are partly to blame I don't think it's fair to lay the shitty community completely on them.

Doesn't look like it had much competition, but that's neat.

Shadowbringers has won much more meaningful awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I care about the game being better and I'd rather a big problem it has not be enabled by getting a "best community award" because it is not true and only serves to make the issue worse.
    Well, I don't treat it literary, for me it's a sign that community is good and welcoming. Which goes on pair with my personal experience.

If its associated with movies, TV, or video games --- ehh not really.
    We're in agreement on that. It's cool and all, but these awards have less merit than a twitter poll to me.

What does 'best still playing' mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We're in agreement on that. It's cool and all, but these awards have less merit than a twitter poll to me.
    I just looked up the competition in the category for the Golden Joysticks:

Destiny 2
    Dreams
    Final Fantasy 14 (winner)
    Monster Hunter Rise
    Magic: The Gathering Arena
    No Man's Sky: Origins

Destiny 2 is literally the only one that would have a sizeable audience large enough to sway a vote like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Game that is multiple years since its release with a large enough population still playing it. Its a really weird category, but an interesting win since it won over things like Warzone, Genshin, and Fortnite.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-11-26 at 07:09 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Well, I don't treat it literary, for me it's a sign that community is good and welcoming. Which goes on pair with my personal experience.
    The community does have its rough patches and toxic dipshits; I remember when the big migration was starting up and how many FF14 folks were hostile towards the idea of 'more WoW players mucking up their shiny game'. I'm also deep enough into the communities on the Crystal Data-Center to see some of the uglier, pettier bits of drama rear its ugly head every so often. And, yes, the 'We're such a good community' thing has kinda gotten to people's heads and bred some elitist attitudes and the incredibly strict readings of the ToS leads to a lot of player complacency when it comes to engaging with game mechanics.

Though these really aren't issues Unique to 14; WoW's got it's snobby Elitism and shitty players, GW2 has its Snobby Elitism and shitty players, fuckin' Destiny has its snobby elitism and shitty players, etc etc. Just, from personal experience, FF14's just got a lot less worse Snobby Elitism and more shitty players, and folks looking in see the instances where they're rebuffed by specific community members as vindication to act like it's all a sham and that it's just fake positivity that's uber toxic or whatever.

Or the people who play non-14 games absolutely sick to death of hearing about FF14 and just get angry at the game itself for other reasons lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Destiny 2 is literally the only one that would have a sizeable audience large enough to sway a vote like that.
    And D2 wasn't likely going to win because of the issues players seem to be having with it in regards to Balancing and Retroactive Content Erasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just shorthand for 'Best Ongoing Game with a Sizable/Healthy Playerbase', if I were to guess

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The community does have its rough patches and toxic dipshits; I remember when the big migration was starting up and how many FF14 folks were hostile towards the idea of 'more WoW players mucking up their shiny game'. I'm also deep enough into the communities on the Crystal Data-Center to see some of the uglier, pettier bits of drama rear its ugly head every so often. And, yes, the 'We're such a good community' thing has kinda gotten to people's heads and bred some elitist attitudes and the incredibly strict readings of the ToS leads to a lot of player complacency when it comes to engaging with game mechanics.

Though these really aren't issues Unique to 14; WoW's got it's snobby Elitism and shitty players, GW2 has its Snobby Elitism and shitty players, fuckin' Destiny has its snobby elitism and shitty players, etc etc. Just, from personal experience, FF14's just got a lot less worse Snobby Elitism and more shitty players, and folks looking in see the instances where they're rebuffed by specific community members as vindication to act like it's all a sham and that it's just fake positivity that's uber toxic or whatever.

Or the people who play non-14 games absolutely sick to death of hearing about FF14 and just get angry at the game itself for other reasons lol.

- - - Updated - - -

And D2 wasn't likely going to win because of the issues players seem to be having with it in regards to Balancing and Retroactive Content Erasure.
    True, FF14 community is not perfect, I also had few grains of sand there. Yet majority of people I played with were nice and helpful. So I say it's quite deserved award. Though I hope this "we are the best" mentality won't be causing much elitism.

Honestly the community of FF14 is the only reason i do not play the game anymore... only bad experiences... never say you like wow in there.

The game is good no complaints from me. And the other win is deserved. (not that pedo excuse race though... *shiver*)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    True, FF14 community is not perfect, I also had few grains of sand there. Yet majority of people I played with were nice and helpful. So I say it's quite deserved award. Though I hope this "we are the best" mentality won't be causing much elitism.
    In full agreement, here; every time I've come back to FF14 - up until I just made it my permanent MMO of choice - the atmosphere was usually super welcoming, even to a horrible introvert like myself. Just take a seat in a bench in Ul'dah and conversations would manifest themselves from passerby's who either liked the glam or wanted to know what my character's name is/was a reference to (It's not, I just used the randomizer lol). And even with snags that come with things like Hunt Train etiquette or babysitting Sprouts... it's been universally an enjoyable experience and I've got my fellow players to thank for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Thats my point. I thought the community still hated Destiny 2, tbh.

Thats my point. I thought the community still hated Destiny 2, tbh.
    Oh does it? I thought people applauded Bungie when they broke away from Activision in 2019. Admittedly I don't know anything about the games, just thought I had heard at some point that after they broke free of Activision, people liked the changes that the game made after that split.

I was actually curious if D2 was going to win because I had THOUGHT I heard good stuff from the post-Activision era, but guess not.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-11-26 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troontown View Post

Good lord, take an anger management class. You’re a good example of why no one holds the WoW community (internal and external) in high regard.

Adults don’t like to hang in channels where people behave like teens. Who would’ve thought?