Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    You're sitting there claiming it's a fact a fact, but you're not able to provide one single shred of evidence for proof other than "TRUST ME BRO ITS OBVIOUS IT WAS DONE THAT WAY", which is always the most credible kind of evidence!

Good thing all those other "controller games" like Street Fighter and Dark Souls and shit all have 2.5 seconds of lag built into them, amiright?
    Did not know those were mmorpgs.

His point stands. Fight in FF 14 is slow. On the bright side, we can have nice animation for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's kind of misleading.
    -snip-
    It's kind of funny when you call something misleading and then write the same thing I wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Most high-parsing Dragoons actually keep and even cap Life Surge Charges for short durations sometimes, because they weave well and hold for 2 min cycles or LC windows with a full Thrust.
    Good job replying to post written in August and laughing at it for not including revisions from 4 months in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post

His point stands. Fight in FF 14 is slow. On the bright side, we can have nice animation for skills.
    It really doesn't feel like it (at endgame!).
    I've played mage, dh and spriest in mostly heroic and some mythic bosses in the past 6 years, pretty much the adhd/fast paced classes, I don't get bored in Endwalker dungeons/trials/raids.

Trying to compare certain elements of both games like the gcd in a vacuum is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    It really doesn't feel like it (at endgame!).
    I've played mage, dh and spriest in mostly heroic and some mythic bosses in the past 6 years, pretty much the adhd/fast paced classes, I don't get bored in Endwalker dungeons/trials/raids.

Trying to compare certain elements of both games like the gcd in a vacuum is moronic.
    So what ? Overall, Ff14 is slower than wow. I did not say it was bad, it is just fact. You are free to like it.

So what ? Overall, Ff14 is slower than wow. I did not say it was bad, it is just fact. You are free to like it.
    You are missing the forest for the trees. What I think caprias is going for is that an aspect of the encounter (gcd), which in itself a subset of one of the 2 main variables (the PC's whole rotation) doesn't fully determinate the "pace" of the encounter. Because, again, you're gonna be doing mechanics while weaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Sounds to me like you can reduce certain classes to:

1 button for DPS combo
    1 button for buff combo (Storm's Eye etc)
    1 button for AoE combo

and just leave CDs as only decisions.

Will pick up FFXIV after I'm done with Sepulcher.
    Not really no, I use it and it just stops the useless presses.
    Your 123 combos are one button that’s about it maybe one other set, it’s not reduced that much.

Soooo instead of complaining about 15 button rotations and 2.5gcds why not take another approach?

Its a different game and that's alright and seeing as it has gotten quite a bit of popularity and has been going well and growing since its remake over the last decade, it's safe to say it has found its audience and plenty of people like the playstyle.

I for example prefer combo style rotations that flow together (ffxiv and aion come to mind) with many buttons over reactionary rotations of 4-5 buttons. So to generalize and say it feels terrible when to myself and many others it feels good is just disingenuous.

Why can we not settle for the fact that it is just different than WoW and thats perfectly fine? If you like the 4-5 button reaction/proc based rotations, WoW is right there for you and thats very good. If you like the 15 button, combo rythmic rotations with a slower pace, then FFXIV is right there for you too and thats also very good.
    Not all games have to be the same and incredibly generalized statements such as "nobody likes this, this is a relic of the past etc" when the game is boasting a very healthy population and has found its market just come off as disingenuous and butthurt (I dont know why someone would be butthurt by this but this is what it feels like).

Different people like different things. A lot of people I know for example hate tab target combat and consider it a relic of the past and think action combat should be the new norm. While I love action combat in single player RPGs I absolutely hate it in MMOs. I ve tried all action combat MMOs to date and would take tab target over action combat any day of the week.

But thats just me and you re free to like something different. But I wouldnt go on a BDO discussion trashing BDO about action combat and lack of skills on bars because I dont like it when this is a feature meant for a different audience. Instead I ll be glad that this audience has a game to cover their niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    True Thrust -> Disembowel -> Chaotic Spring -> Wheeling Thrust -> Fang & Claw

to

True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Heaven's Thrust -> Fang & Claw -> Wheeling Thrust

Fang & Claw is a flank attack, Chaotic Spring and Wheeling Thrust are rear attacks. That's your basic rotation.

Battle Litany, Dragon Sight and Lance Charge are your buffs.

Your dives are your oGCDs that you are expected to weave in between these attacks.

Geirskogul you weave in between them too unless your second High Jump is nearly up in which case you need to save it for Life of the Dragon and turn it into Nastrond, after which you can weave that 3 times over the course of the Life of the Dragon phase and also use Stardiver once.

You use Life Surge for Heaven's Thrust.

On top of that, you have Wyrmwind Thrust which is just a reward you can use whenever you complete your basic rotation once.
    I've read nothing else in this thread but my god this sounds fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    You are missing the forest for the trees. What I think caprias is going for is that an aspect of the encounter (gcd), which in itself a subset of one of the 2 main variables (the PC's whole rotation) doesn't fully determinate the "pace" of the encounter. Because, again, you're gonna be doing mechanics while weaving.
    And you do mecanics (which are coming as fast or sometimes faster and with rng to boot) in wow as well.

Your point is ?

Mine is that fight is slower overall in FF. It is a fact, period.

I did not say it was bad or anything.

Didn't know he said "mmorpg" anywhere in his obtuse ranting, or that "controller games" was slang for "mmorpgs"...

- - - Updated - - -

And you do mecanics (which are coming as fast or sometimes faster and with rng to boot) in wow as well.

Your point is ?

Mine is that fight is slower overall in FF. It is a fact, period.

I did not say it was bad or anything.
    Why do you keep insisting on doing the game vs game comparison thing when that's not allowed?

Didn't know he said "mmorpg" anywhere in his obtuse ranting, or that "controller games" was slang for "mmorpgs"...

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you keep insisting on doing the game vs game comparison thing when that's not allowed?
    Because I do not say that one is better than the other.

Both are good with both having pros and cons.

Because I do not say that one is better than the other.

Both are good with both having pros and cons.
    One gets strongly implied as being bad and the other is strongly implied at being good to anybody who's reading your posts though... but if that's the line you wanna toe, more power to you I guess. I'm outta here!

One gets strongly implied as being bad and the other is strongly implied at being good to anybody who's reading your posts though... but if that's the line you wanna toe, more power to you I guess. I'm outta here!
    Because imo, having slower combat is "bad" for my taste. But FF has others advantages that I enjoy from time to time.

Because imo, having slower combat is "bad" for my taste. But FF has others advantages that I enjoy from time to time.
    Then don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Then don't play it.
    Your nickname is deserved.

Your nickname is deserved.
    He is right though. I have been in your shoes, but i can tell they will never change it. Yoshida said that it's cause of technical issues and console players. They want the game to be more acessable to more people.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but one gets used to it, especially with the off gcd abilities. Otherwise, it's like the strawman says.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-01-17 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    He is right though. I have been in your shoes, but i can tell they will never change it. Yoshida said that it's cause of technical issues and console players. They want the game to be more acessable to more people.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but one gets used to it, especially with the off gcd abilities. Otherwise, it's like the strawman says.
    And yet he is wrong. One can play a game even if there are some part disliked and some liked because the pros offset the cons. The world is not black and white.

And yet he is wrong. One can play a game even if there are some part disliked and some liked because the pros offset the cons. The world is not black and white.
    I'd still disagree that the combat is slower at endgame only because the gcd rolls at 2.5 seconds, it's not a perfect concept but my "mental bandwith" in savage and especially the ultimate bosses is at the same "load" as in mid-late mythic encounters in WoW, never have I once thought this feels slow lol.

So you're just going to stamp your feet and complain about it? Your nickname is appropriate as well. You definitely are special.

The combat will feel slow if you hug the floor because you keep face tanking the obvious mechanic to dodge and die.