Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Light and Shadow - 10.0 Leak

- After our return from Shadowlands we see that Azeroth is nearly awakened but is very vulnerable. Cataclysms shake all the continents as the 'birth' of the titan occurs.

- New continent is actually Dragon Isles, but dragons aren't the main story of the expansion. Devs are trying to recreate Legion's success and have both epic and local plotlines.

- Dragon Isles consist of 5 zones, each for every main flight, we'll see more 'savage and powerful' versions of dragons and new types of dragonkin, e.g turtles, hydras with dragon blood etc. Isles are located on 'the other side of Azeroth', west to Kalimdor.

- New races are Stonemaul Ogres for the Horde and Rajani Mogu for the Alliance.

- 'New systems' is an attempt to create an adequate versions of SL systems. Dragonflight work essentially like covenants, free switching from the start, 'lessons learnt'.

- 'Bronze flight' isle will contain sort of a reworked Torghast in a form of a time-traveling temple. 'Infinite' timeways with various instances of Azeroth's past like First war, Second War etc. Plans are to make it epic and remove grind, greater scale, up to 20man parties, historical bosses like Galakrond, Medivh etc.

- Infinite Dragonflight is one of the main local antagonists, other being a faction of hostile dragons who pretend to be Azeroth's lieutenants and caretakers. They will be the main antagonists in the starting raid. Also there'll be a timetravel raid in later patches.

- Main conflict is not about dragons. Light and Shadow are assaulting Azeroth to claim titan's power.

- Alliance is at the brink of a civil war with Turalyon refusing to return crown to Anduin and being distrustful of Calia, new queen of the Forsaken. He is under influence of reborn Scarlet Crusade and will open a portal to alt-Draenor and let in Yrel and Army of the Light. They will take over Stormwind, taking Stromwind back is a raid later into the expansion.

- Arathor will be a central character of the expansion.

- Azshara will return, opening a portal to the Void and leading void invasion to Azeroth. Her appearance will change to a void-elf-like, she will appear on the main poster. Xal'atath will also return, we'll know more of her origins and importance.

- New class... It's actually a new system devs been working on for a few years. Test name is 'sub-class', actually a class that is a part of already existing class, but with its own 2 specs. E.g. you start as a shaman, get to lv. 10 and then either choose a spec or a Shadow Hunter sub-class. It has some mechanics that overlap with general shaman class, but then its own mechanics, more unique than normal specs, and 2 specs inside it. Shadow hunter in particular will have healing and curses specs. They also are planning to implement Dark Rangers, Blademasters, Wardens and several more over the course of next several expansions.

- The idea behind this is to implement iconic racial characters like shadow hunters, dark rangers and stuff that are familiar and popular but at the same time not big enough to fit an 'old' idea of class on their own. Lorewise we make some sort of 'Children of Azeroth', taking place of Class Halls. It's a place where trolls teach other races secrets of shadow hunters, orcs - blademasters, nelfs - wardens etc. Subclasses will still be limited to 2-4 races, so you must take certain race\class combo to unlock the subclass.

- There'll be an analogue of artifact weapon from legion, but this time not 1 per spec, but 1 per class and subclass.

- A 'corruption' system, actually 2 at once - light and shadow. You should choose wisely when combining light- and voidtouched items, as the conflict with eachother, but also give insane boost. You can also pick purely one of these but end up brainwashed by Light or Shadow. This is promised to be a 'key mechanic' of the expansion.

- They put all money an effort in this, scrapping a huge part of SL in hope to make a 'bigger, better Legion'. All or nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    voidtouched items sounds so... familiar so me cower in fear. shiver in agony

But have to say its something unique because everything is about dragon isles
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Some interesting ideas, I give you 7/10 for the effort

What a bunch of baloney but i guess it made 5 mins of me fishing in Zandalar a bit more enjoyable.

-Ogres and Mogu as races yea right. I can already see fails on certain raid bosses because i couldnt see where to move since an ogra arse was in my face.Or make that 7 characters playing ogres.
    -you say Light and Shadow are assaulting Azeroth to claim its titan power. Hello? Light are the good guys defending the world from the Void.And its not Shadow its Void.
    -ok so Turalyon is going insane brainwashed by the Scarlet Crusade and he opens a portal to Draenor to let Yrel and Army of Light into Azeroth. Yrel is one of the good guys why would she attack Stormwind? I am pretty sure we left Draenor on good terms.
    -return of artifacts,Class Halls,dark rangers,wardens,blademasters.

Dude i don't know what you're smoking but you should quit.

Bonus for including the scarlet crusade but you missed a very basic fact of their plans plus idk who arathor is or why he would be central to the expansion

Subclass sounds like another name for spec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    What a bunch of baloney but i guess it made 5 mins of me fishing in Zandalar a bit more enjoyable.

-Ogres and Mogu as races yea right. I can already see fails on certain raid bosses because i couldnt see where to move since an ogra arse was in my face.Or make that 7 characters playing ogres.
    -you say Light and Shadow are assaulting Azeroth to claim its titan power. Hello? Light are the good guys defending the world from the Void.And its not Shadow its Void.
    -ok so Turalyon is going insane brainwashed by the Scarlet Crusade and he opens a portal to Draenor to let Yrel and Army of Light into Azeroth. Yrel is one of the good guys why would she attack Stormwind? I am pretty sure we left Draenor on good terms.
    -return of artifacts,Class Halls,dark rangers,wardens,blademasters.

Dude i don't know what you're smoking but you should quit.
    Maghar orc quest

Yrel went all borg and if you don’t submit to the light they kill you with a goal of making the light the strongest force

Also Xera showed that the light is kinda nuts

1+ Year Old Account
    This leak seems well timed with Bellular’s new video…hmm…lol

They already said Shadowlands was meant to be like this and nothing was scrapped. Whether it's true or not, this one is obviously fake. Sadge, because the concept is quite alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    with microsoft, we are going to get unlmiited scaling expansions likes bfa - keeping players in loopholes with rng generated carrot on stick systems <3 and hopefully not this.
    love WoWarcraft

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    agreed +1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1 View Post
    - New races are Stonemaul Ogres for the Horde and Rajani Mogu for the Alliance.
    Alliance-exclusive Mogu when they were ancient allies of the Zandalari? Yeah... doesn't make sense. Horde or neutral.

- Azshara will return, opening a portal to the Void and leading void invasion to Azeroth. Her appearance will change to a void-elf-like, she will appear on the main poster. Xal'atath will also return, we'll know more of her origins and importance.
    Bullshit. She had enough of serving other forces:

They also are planning to implement Dark Rangers, Blademasters, Wardens and several more over the course of next several expansions.
    As expected.

- The idea behind this is to implement iconic racial characters like shadow hunters, dark rangers and stuff that are familiar and popular but at the same time not big enough to fit an 'old' idea of class on their own. Lorewise we make some sort of 'Children of Azeroth', taking place of Class Halls. It's a place where trolls teach other races secrets of shadow hunters, orcs - blademasters, nelfs - wardens etc. Subclasses will still be limited to 2-4 races, so you must take certain race\class combo to unlock the subclass.
    That's where you're wrong, buddy.
    They make up more than enough for a class.

7+ Year Old Account
    but dragons aren't the main story of the expansion. Devs are trying to recreate Legion's success and have both epic and local plotlines.
    This is the quote that makes me believe its true, definetly fit their behaviour

But yeah, i doubt either way
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post

ogres would be in the same size as taurens and zandalari, lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Alliance-exclusive Mogu when they were ancient allies of the Zandalari? Yeah... doesn't make sense. Horde or neutral.
    they were, you said right, there is no way to know that all mogu would maintain their relationship with zandalar, new groups pop up all the time, there is always events that make then chose one faction over the other.

Goblins were neutral but the events of cataclysm push one group to horde, tauren were ancient allies of night elves but the events of warcraft 3 push then to horde.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993
    Bonus for including the scarlet crusade but you missed a very basic fact of their plans plus idk who arathor is or why he would be central to the expansion
    Arator is his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maghar orc quest

Yrel went all borg and if you don’t submit to the light they kill you with a goal of making the light the strongest force

Also Xera showed that the light is kinda nuts
    We only see the Maghar's side who are people that kept using Iron Horde tech ruining Dreanor, promoted Grom back to leader, and sided with Sylvanas when she was slaughtering everyone. But yeah considering they are called the lightbound its likely they are mind controlled. It's likely the one who did it was the Alt universes Xe'ra since she was called the light mother.

None of the other Naaru sided with her in our universe infact they disagreed with her and took different paths. So its likely the light isn't kinda nuts just Xe'ra. I suspect that if we do get an evil Light expansion we will find out that in the Alt universe Xe'ra lightbound the other Naruu or they just blindly followed her since she was the oldest.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nice but the title should be Dragon Isles then since you put everything about Dragons and very little about light and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they were, you said right, there is no way to know that all mogu would maintain their relationship with zandalar, new groups pop up all the time, there is always events that make then chose one faction over the other.
    Even without the Zandalari, their culture and attitudes fit more with the Orcish Horde. The resemblance is almost uncanny: clans, led by Warlords, that fight with each other.

Goblins were neutral but the events of cataclysm push one group to horde, tauren were ancient allies of night elves but the events of warcraft 3 push then to horde.
    Goblins had a history with the Horde. They were their allies during the second war. Moreover, their destructive nature and the fact that they are the Alliance's Gnomes' counterpart, makes them ideal Horde members.
    As for Tauren, they were allies of Cenarius and the different wild gods, which caused them to be on friendly terms with the Night elves, that's all.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-01-23 at 12:37 PM.

Not putting any legitimacy behind this leak, but:
    Rastakhan didn't exactly like the Mogu when they appeared on Zuldazar as Zul's pets, i don't think Mogu and Zandalari see eye to eye anymore.

Not saying this is proof, Mogu culture is certainly a better fit for the Horde but the Alliance between Zandalari and Mogu is no more as the only one Zandalari who actually upheld the Alliance (Zul) has gone rogue and is dead.
    Bullshit. She had enough of serving other forces:
    While true, i also don't put it beyond Blizzard to just ignore that bit if they feel like it.

Imagine if someone had leaked the Plot of Shadowlands before, everyone who knows a bit of lore would have gone "haha, nice fanfic but this conflicts massively with current lore!".
    Or Legion, everyone would've said "yeah, this bit about Broken Isles is BS, they're isles Gul'dan raised off the ground, not an actual continent".

A leak conflicting with existing lore is unfortunately not a sign of it being fake (despite the fact that i believe this leak is fake).

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Rastakhan didn't exactly like the Mogu when they appeared on Zuldazar as Zul's pets, i don't think Mogu and Zandalari see eye to eye anymore.

Not saying this is proof, Mogu culture is certainly a better fit for the Horde but the Alliance between Zandalari and Mogu is no more as the only one Zandalari who actually upheld the Alliance (Zul) has gone rogue and is dead.
    That's the Horde mentality. Can't stand each other, but work together for a common cause. Example: Forsaken and Blood elves were once enemies of the Horde and therefore not trusted by the other Horde races. That's why they started out as neutral in the beginning.

While true, i also don't put it beyond Blizzard to just ignore that bit if they feel like it.

Imagine if someone had leaked the Plot of Shadowlands before, everyone who knows a bit of lore would have gone "haha, nice fanfic but this conflicts massively with current lore!".
    Or Legion, everyone would've said "yeah, this bit about Broken Isles is BS, they're isles Gul'dan raised off the ground, not an actual continent".

A leak conflicting with existing lore is unfortunately not a sign of it being fake (despite the fact that i believe this leak is fake).
    You're comparing WC3 lore with something they established an expansion ago. While WC3 tends to be "outdated" with time, BfA is still largely relevant.

You're comparing WC3 lore with something they established an expansion ago. While WC3 tends to be "outdated" with time, BfA is still largely relevant.
    They couldn't even keep their lore straight from BfA to Shadowlands.

Before the Storm:
    Sylvanas: ugh, fuck Vol'jin and his gods that made me Warchief

Shadowlands:
    Mueh'zala: It was I, Mueh'zala, Ally of the Jailer that told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief
    Sylvanas: Yeah, been working with the Jailer since Cata and this fourth war was effectively orchestrated by me to cause as much death as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They couldn't even keep their lore straight from BfA to Shadowlands.

Before the Storm:
    Sylvanas: ugh, fuck Vol'jin and his gods that made me Warchief

Shadowlands:
    Mueh'zala: It was I, Mueh'zala, Ally of the Jailer that told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief
    Sylvanas: Yeah, been working with the Jailer since Cata and this fourth war was effectively orchestrated by me to cause as much death as possible
    She's bi-polar

Maybe it was written so to hide the juicy details.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Right? I've recently been watching some of his vids and this was literally his discussion yesterday. They're just trying to get recognition on his site/videos like the one about the Black Dragons as a race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even without the Zandalari, their culture and attitudes fit more with the Orcish Horde. The resemblance is almost uncanny: clans, led by Warlords, that fight with each other.
    they don't fit that much, and, this is not an issue or ana rgument as many times races that fit one faction went to another.

Blood elves didn't fit the horde, at all, but they joined anyway, non-issue

Goblins had a history with the Horde. They were their allies during the second war. Moreover, their destructive nature and the fact that they are the Alliance's Gnomes' counterpart, makes them ideal Horde members.
    As for Tauren, they were allies of Cenarius and the different wild gods, which caused them to be on friendly terms with the Night elves, that's all.
    Goblins also became neutral alter to get profit, the goblins allied with the horde back in wc2 were not the ones who joined wow, and even the devs themselves considered them for neutral race at first.

Tauren were night elves allies, not cenarius, they helped in the first invasion, "thats all" still si a big deal,

Again, things change, nothing is mutable, mogu can toyally join the alliance just fine.