Poll: Do you like Turalyon as a character? Is he particularly good or interesting?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Do you have a positive or negative opinion of him, and is he a particularly good or interesting character? If he has flaws or problems, what could be done to improve them?
    I have never liked him, but his return in Legion, made me hate him.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Let's hope they dial back all the co(s)mic nonsense and return the character to his paladin origins. A strong religious leader representing the Alliance of old could be a strong foundation for future narratives. He should also definitely kick the heathens and beasts out of the Silver Hand.
    My theory is that they are keeping him for a 'light vs. void' threat expansion. I believe that a Bronze Dragon traitor or an infinite Dragonflight is going to open the way for Yrel, and she'll come with force. Stormwind is the first capital for her to meet, and she'll lay demand to hand out all the void elves for execution, or she will destroy stormwind. Turalyon and Alleria is, of course, going to refuse that claim, but flee in an attempt to protect Stormwind City. Yrel destroys a chunk of Stormwind before Velen convinces her that her query has left the city, and she goes in pursuit of the unconverted, or corrupted race/creatures on Azeroth. We are then to work with Turalyon and Alleria from their hideout while fighting for Azeroth in an attempt to not lose to the forces of the lightbound. Alleria, together with the Walker (forgot his name) proceeds to look into the void as a weapon against Yrel, this, of course, gets out of hand, and we are stuck in between a war of light and void before Yrel bows her head in an admission that she needs us, and will spare us if we help. She'll die against the void, and we'll kill steal the commander of the void forces while Alleria and her people close the connection to the void again. Leaving Azeroth safe once more, at the cost of many lives, and towns.

I know.. Far out there.. but.. I just feel like they could do something like it.. But I guess it is too grand to happen to dear Azeroth.. I fear a light vs. void expansion will take place on another planet..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Stormwind is the first capital for her to meet, and she'll lay demand to hand out all the void elves for execution, or she will destroy stormwind. Turalyon and Alleria is, of course, going to refuse that claim, but flee in an attempt to protect Stormwind City. Yrel destroys a chunk of Stormwind before Velen convinces her that her query has left the city,
    Bro, with all due respect, what the heck? And I mean this good-naturedly, you have a very interesting scenario, but in honesty, I'm a bit surprised and confused!

Turalyon and Alleria would obviously refuse Yrel's demands, but then suddenly "fleeing" the city without putting up a fight? I think it more likely that Turalyon and his Lightforged would work hand in hand with Alleria to defend Stormwind to the death, the draenei launching full-force attacks and comprising the bulwark of the vanguard, while the void elves opening rifts to help transport and protect them; perhaps even the Vindicaar might make an appearance (finally) to vaporize some of Yrel's forces. Then Alleria banishes them all into the Void or something like that. And then Velen speaking to Yrel like he'd be friendly with her in such a scenario?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-04-25 at 05:19 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    My theory is that they are keeping him for a 'light vs. void' threat expansion. I believe that a Bronze Dragon traitor or an infinite Dragonflight is going to open the way for Yrel, and she'll come with force. Stormwind is the first capital for her to meet, and she'll lay demand to hand out all the void elves for execution, or she will destroy stormwind. Turalyon and Alleria is, of course, going to refuse that claim, but flee in an attempt to protect Stormwind City. Yrel destroys a chunk of Stormwind before Velen convinces her that her query has left the city, and she goes in pursuit of the unconverted, or corrupted race/creatures on Azeroth. We are then to work with Turalyon and Alleria from their hideout while fighting for Azeroth in an attempt to not lose to the forces of the lightbound. Alleria, together with the Walker (forgot his name) proceeds to look into the void as a weapon against Yrel, this, of course, gets out of hand, and we are stuck in between a war of light and void before Yrel bows her head in an admission that she needs us, and will spare us if we help. She'll die against the void, and we'll kill steal the commander of the void forces while Alleria and her people close the connection to the void again. Leaving Azeroth safe once more, at the cost of many lives, and towns.

I know.. Far out there.. but.. I just feel like they could do something like it.. But I guess it is too grand to happen to dear Azeroth.. I fear a light vs. void expansion will take place on another planet..
    Alleria? Flee from Yrel?

But why would she do that, when can easily annihilate the Lightbound army all by herself?

Remember the Dark Star, the Void Naaru so powerful that it would have annihilated the Draenei armies in Shadowmoon and secured global victory for the Iron Horde? See, Alleria Windrunner basically absorbed the power of a similar Void Naaru, L'ura, who was in Mac'aree.

So now, by connecting the dots, we can safely conclude that Alleria can destroy Yrel and the Lightbound all by herself, thanks to the Void Naaru power she possesses. After all, Yrel's Lightbound are just the AU Draenei who would have been annihilated by a Void Naaru single-handedly...

Just like this:

So actually I am very confused by your post, why would Alleria flee and hide from the Lightbound? If they come demanding control of Stormwind, they will only end up annihilated like in the future seen by Velen. Alleria absorbed the power of a Dark Star-like Naaru and we know that it would have been over for Draenei civilization if the Dark Star was used against them; which is why Velen's sacrifice was such an important and heroic moment of WoD.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-25 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro, with all due respect, what the heck? And I mean this good-naturedly, you have a very interesting scenario, but in honesty, I'm a bit surprised and confused!

Turalyon and Alleria would obviously refuse Yrel's demands, but then suddenly "fleeing" the city without putting up a fight? I think it more likely that Turalyon and his Lightforged would work hand in hand with Alleria to defend Stormwind to the death, the draenei launching full-force attacks and comprising the bulwark of the vanguard, while the void elves opening rifts to help transport and protect them; perhaps even the Vindicaar might make an appearance (finally) to vaporize some of Yrel's forces. Then Alleria banishes them all into the Void or something like that. And then Velen speaking to Yrel like he'd be friendly with her in such a scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria? Flee from Yrel?

But why would she do that, when can easily annihilate the Lightbound army all by herself?

Remember the Dark Star, the Void Naaru so powerful that it would have annihilated the Draenei armies in Shadowmoon and secured global victory for the Iron Horde? See, Alleria Windrunner basically absorbed the power of a similar Void Naaru, L'ura, who was in Mac'aree.

So now, by connecting the dots, we can safely conclude that Alleria can destroy Yrel and the Lightbound all by herself, thanks to the Void Naaru power she possesses. After all, Yrel's Lightbound are just the AU Draenei who would have been annihilated by a Void Naaru single-handedly...

Just like this:

So actually I am very confused by your post, why would Alleria flee and hide from the Lightbound? If they come demanding control of Stormwind, they will only end up annihilated like in the future seen by Velen. Alleria absorbed the power of a Dark Star-like Naaru and we know that it would have been over for Draenei civilization if the Dark Star was used against them; which is why Velen's sacrifice was such an important and heroic moment of WoD.
    Reason to flee is an obvious method of writing as the Lightbound most likely are larger than the Void Elves, Lightforged combined, as we hear Yrel being vicious in converting on Draenor (and not just the continent), and unlike the current Lightforged, she has Naaru support as well. And I bet that writers would make the voidies scarce to operate undercover, and not barricade themselves in the city, most likely as a price to protect the civilians. It is just a theory, and it has its valid points to the point of, it is human beings writing the story, and they are told it is meant to be a stretch of the story.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As it stands? No, he is the least interesting leader character besides Gelbin Mekkatorque. He has a ton of potential to become interesting, however that remains unfulfilled, for the time being.

Say what yoou will about Alleria, but she at least has to contend with the politics of Quel'thalas, merging with a naaru and a cocophonic choir of schizophrenia.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Where was it retconned exactly?
    The chronicles book. He was made out as a master level orator who convinced the members of the alliance to cooperate, and then proceeded to be a badass super paladin and general
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Would be really cool of this expansion could take some time to just explore the race-leaders a little bit. Show how they feel about eachother and what they want for their individual races. Especially if we are gonna have Turalyon as a king for the next few years - show what kind of person he is(please dont just make him mind conrolled by the light).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The chronicles book. He was made out as a master level orator who convinced the members of the alliance to cooperate, and then proceeded to be a badass super paladin and general
    He was truly badass in the books tbh. Like really, really badass. 1v1'ing famous orc leaders and such. I dont recall him doing much emissary work though.

He's kinda a wide open canvas for storytelling whether he goes Light zealots or rejects that or maybe becomes a legitimate replacement for Anduin putting the Alliance in bind if they need to choose sides between two good kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Funny enough, I used to talk to people who were huge WC2 fans (even more than WC3) who found the ToD version of Turalyon to be weirdly out of place and the Chronicle version to be a more accurate depiction of his original WC2 personality, not many WC2 fans I talked to seemed to like Tides of Darkness at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Funny enough, I used to talk to people who were huge WC2 fans (even more than WC3) who found the ToD version of Turalyon to be weirdly out of place and the Chronicle version to be a more accurate depiction of his original WC2 personality, not many WC2 fans I talked to seemed to like Tides of Darkness at all.
    All the actual characters in WC2 are sketched, even the hero units in WC2: BtDP. Not including external media like comics and short stories, Turalyon has no personality to speak of prior to Legion. The same is true for Alleria, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Nope, he’s blinded by the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Nope, he’s blinded by the light.
    Revved up like a duece, another runner in the night?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    All the actual characters in WC2 are sketched, even the hero units in WC2: BtDP. Not including external media like comics and short stories, Turalyon has no personality to speak of prior to Legion. The same is true for Alleria, as well.
    As far as I remember being told, the original WC2 game had him as a solidified Paladin hero unit in his own right whereas the ToD book made him feel like a teenage superhero struggling with his powers until the end, making it seem questionable as to why Lothar trusted him to be his right hand.

Guess it really comes down to a matter of personal preference between a confident hero and more of a classical anti-hero that has self doubts and personality flaws.

His pretty dull, devout paladins aren't really my thing, but he comes with interesting lore and plotlines tied to him.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be honest.... no. Tirion is the only paladin human character I liked and that's because he was a washed-up reject you start to root for as he gets back on his feet. He then became a Pala-God, but it was earned in a comic-book sort of way.

Never felt anything positive for a lot of them, they put a bad taste in my mouth. Alleria is more interesting, but I had doubts about her characterization since she met up with her sister in Legion. Turalyon annoyed me the second it was revealed he was the de facto leader of the Army of the Light when I was fatigued by human characters assuming positions of authority/representation that non-human characters desperately needed. At least that's not really a fault of his character.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    I just hate that they will likely turn him into a tyrannical zealot. "Ooh, the Light isn't actually good" blah blah
    Genuinely I despise the thought of this plot development. Especially on how they dropped the ball on Yrel in the Mag'har scenario. I personally think if they want a Light-empowered big bad, just make a new guy (some scarlet crusade guy or something) that gets empowered by a rogue Naaru rather than handing Turalyon or Yrel the villain ball.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    I just hate that they will likely turn him into a tyrannical zealot. "Ooh, the Light isn't actually good" blah blah
    The obvious thing to do if they're going down that route is for him to be a secondary antagonist who eventually realises he's been blinded by his faith, rather than having him go full villain. Yrel and others like her can be doing atrocities that he fails to accept as fact.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike him but I find him a bit bland, as happens with most paladins.

Turalyon was a central character in the older novels and Warcraft franchise, and has been part of the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind since Vanilla. Now that he is the High Exarch of the Army of the Light and the de-facto King of Stormwind, and will very likely play a major role in a future expansion based in the Light and Void, what do most Alliance and Horde players think of him anyway?

Do you have a positive or negative opinion of him, and is he a particularly good or interesting character? If he has flaws or problems, what could be done to improve them?

old Turalyon:
    Like him much. Foremost in the Novels.

new Turalyon (since Legion):
    Good developed and rolled out in game.
    But can’t finally say if like him or not, by not 100% sure about his motives or if i 100% trust the Light.