Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude please, what are you even on about. Their UI toolkit is shit compared to anything professionally made, lets face it, its just a html-like clone. Not sure if you knew but html is literally "building blocks".

Star citizen didn't require anything that html does not offer out of the box because HTML is a fucking king when it comes to possibilists, NOTHING comes even remotely close. Especially not their tool.
    The tool coherant labs uses looks shit basically, all the games that use it all the UIs are just average, star citizens UI is far superior to the terrible tool you want to think is better, if it was better they would use it plain and simple.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    So CiG have made a superior tool in far less time than a company actually dedicated to making a tool.
    "Inferior", far inferior.

- - - Updated - - -

The tool coherant labs uses looks shit basically, all the games that use it all the UIs are just average, star citizens UI is far superior to the terrible tool you want to think is better, if it was better they would use it plain and simple.
    Dude, you know its a toolkit you can make pretty much anything? Do you even know what HTML is?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

"Inferior", far inferior.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you know its a toolkit you can make pretty much anything? Do you even know what HTML is?
    Do you know exactly how the star citizen building blocks tool is designed, no you do not so you cant claim that its not superior, what we do have is examples of the tool being used in games and star citizens one is clearly better.

Do you know exactly how the star citizen building blocks tool is designed
    Do you? o.o;
    Ahahahaha!

Do you know exactly how the star citizen building blocks tool is designed, no you do not so you cant claim that its not superior, what we do have is examples of the tool being used in games and star citizens one is clearly better.
    HTML is superior, period, to everything and anything. Nobody has made anything even remotely close to it when it comes to rendering flexibility. Their bootleg toolkit is not exception.
    This is not up for discussion.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

HTML is superior, period, to everything and anything. Nobody has made anything even remotely close to it when it comes to rendering flexibility. Their bootleg toolkit is not exception.
    This is not up for discussion.
    You dont know what is superior period, you also dont know if the building blocks tool isnt HTML based or not, what we have is what they have done or shown and the building blocks tool is far superior to a single UI tool from coherant labs.

What we do know about building blocks is any team can quickly make any UI they want and shape it as they are working on it to suit all the games needs.

You dont know what is superior period, you also dont know if the building blocks tool isnt HTML based or not, what we have is what they have done or shown and the building blocks tool is far superior to a single UI tool from coherant labs.

What we do know about building blocks is any team can quickly make any UI they want and shape it as they are working on it to suit all the games needs.
    I do not need to know more than i've seen on that screenshot i posted. Again, this is not up for discussion. HTML is superior, faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior. Period.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Nothing that has ever been done in SC has been done quickly.

I do not need to know more than i've seen on that screenshot i posted. Again, this is not up for discussion. HTML is superior, faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior. Period.
    Can you prove a screenshot is actually relevant to what they are even going to discuss, we always see monitors on in the background and they are not always relevant to the topic, so dont embarass yourself unless you have the devs actually telling and showing you in much more detail.

If HTML was superior they would use it or are actually using it in thier tool right now, what we do know is they have built thier own tool that does the job very fast and any team can make any UI they want with a massive library of icons and such saved, your tool has yet to show any sort of superiority at all.

Does this marvelous game support raytracing and DLSS?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

so dont embarass yourself unless you have the devs actually telling and showing you in much more detail.
    Well that is the great thing about crowdfunding and CIG promising to be transparent about what is going on and show and explain things they work on...heywaitaminute.

Can you prove a screenshot is actually relevant to what they are even going to discuss, we always see monitors on in the background and they are not always relevant to the topic, so dont embarass yourself unless you have the devs actually telling and showing you in much more detail.

If HTML was superior they would use it or are actually using it in thier tool right now, what we do know is they have built thier own tool that does the job very fast and any team can make any UI they want with a massive library of icons and such saved, your tool has yet to show any sort of superiority at all.
    I've posted a screenshot while ago. It's literally scuffed version of chromium inspector without 90% of its features.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I love how you never disprove anything with evidence of your own. You're asserting the SC toolkit is superior so you should be able to debunk him with your own evidence.

Unless you're just talking bull, which is most likely the case.

By the way, I take ownership of kenn9530 using the word ignorant. He must've never used the word or even know it's meaning still since I called him one.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Instead of developing another proprietary UI solution they should have either used ready to go or straight up use a fucking html and css as it not only it will have vastly more capabilities of flexible layout but also its extremely easy to find developers for it. Like this: https://coherent-labs.com/
    Again I'll have to reiterate, I think you're being short-sighted mostly because you're unaware of how Star Citizen handles UI and the massive amount of different kinds of layouts and styles needed to make a believable Universe.

In Star Citizen the UI is entirely diegetic, actually exists in the world, so it's not a 2D fixed graphic plastered on top of the screen like most UI's. Since It's diegetic and projected in the world it can be seen and even some times interacted by other players. So they absolutely needed to make their proprietary solution since their game has very special requirements and a huge amount of different UI's for all the different ship manufacturers, first person play, vehicle play etc

They go into deeper explanation in a Dev talk with the UI guys:

And for a simple introduction to StarCitizen LvLCap just released a pretty good summary:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nothing that has ever been done in SC has been done quickly.
    Have you seen how fast they put out new concept art people can buy and totally own* in game?

*You can't own it in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Have you seen how fast they put out new concept art people can buy and totally own* in game?

*You can't own it in game
    Star Citizen NFT's when

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Does this marvelous game support raytracing and DLSS?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Again I'll have to reiterate, I think you're being short-sighted mostly because you're unaware of how Star Citizen handles UI and the massive amount of different kinds of layouts and styles needed to make a believable Universe.

In Star Citizen the UI is entirely diegetic, actually exists in the world, so it's not a 2D fixed graphic plastered on top of the screen like most UI's. Since It's diegetic and projected in the world it can be seen and even some times interacted by other players. So they absolutely needed to make their proprietary solution since their game has very special requirements and a huge amount of different UI's for all the different ship manufacturers, first person play, vehicle play etc

They go into deeper explanation in a Dev talk with the UI guys:
    I don't think you understand how it works then. UI (or even everything in 3d games) is just FLAT IMAGES. The way you render them is entirely up to you. Makes no difference if you slap it on viewbox or mesh in 3D screen.

From 2:50 (surface does not have to be flat, can be multimesh).

Its ultra mega super cringe when people who have no idea how 3D rendering works try to correct an actual dev who worked with 3D engines and even done rendering CEF onto game itself.

So again, any kind of UI is inherently 2D image. To project it you need a dynamic texture (actually almost any kind of texture work but dynamic has optimization for Swapping RGBA tex).

Then you render that texture somewhere, it doesn't have to be a flat viewbox, it can be object on screen, sphere or you can even render google hompage onto 3d human model.

Such solutions (free) existed since 2014
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Sure thing those solutions work for those engines and cases but Star Citizen uses a custom engine so it needs it's own custom solution.

If they have the time and money it makes sense to develop instead of trying to bend whatever exists to their needs.

If you listen to the dev's talk they mention specifically about those needs. Performance, scalability and versatility/ease of use.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-18 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Sure thing those solutions work for those engines and cases but Star Citizen uses a custom engine so it needs it's own custom solution.
    No. No it isn't. Why lie about something so easily searchable?
    Last edited by Thestrawman; 2022-05-18 at 10:28 AM.