Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Good for you, but defending bad decisions just because they don't hurt you personally is still bad. As if you're defending a sexual predator but you're not personally targeted so it's okay in your eyes. No, it isn't.
    Being okay with micro transactions is equal to defending a sexual predator? Think about what you've stated and tell me if you honestly don't believe you are being ridiculous. That buying a battle pet in WoW is as bad as being a sexual predator. Stop moving the goal posts and using artifical morality to make your argument superior.

Micro transactions are not automatically a bad decision for any game to have. Gaming isn't a gateway to anything. If you have the personality traits to get addicted to gambling then those exist with or with out gaming. Addressing the root cause is the better course of action.

Could DI have less of these systems? Sure. I've never denied that it couldn't be better. But being better does not require there to be no monetization. It is a free to play game and expecting them to run a charity is silly. You also don't know how Blizzard made the game to say that they wanted it to be gambling before anything else. It is clear they, or net ease, picked a path of monetization but the core mechanics would function the same with out said monetization. It would just be slower for everyone because you couldn't buy your way to chances at optimization.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I've watched some reviews - the game is exactly what I thought it was, an auto-target grindfest a 6 year old could play. I've never been interested in it (I don't game on phones, I hate phones, I use mine as little as possible), but if I had even a shred of interest, that would be long gone now. It's not an "authentic Diablo Experience™", as the Blizzard reps like to flog. At all.

And I could be fine with that. Not gonna play it, whatever. But...

I saw that you can buy stash tabs. Good. Games like this need that - PoE's business model of selling stash tabs and transmog is fine with me. The years I spent playing Diablo 2 and 3, I'd loved purchasable stash tabs. But the greedy fucks at Blizzard tied it to a "battle pass", and you lose those extra tabs if you don't re-up.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

And, you lose any extras you paid for with this pass, if you don't log in every day.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

I won't even get into the paypig shenanigans of the 'end game".

I remember back when games like FarmVille came out. Tried it, to see what the fuss was. Once I figured out what the business plan was, I said "This is gross. Nope.", and haven't touched anything like that since. Zynga are the greedy assholes who pushed this shit hard back then, and I despise that company to this day.

I now equate Blizzard with Zynga.

I know any forum discussing this abomination will be full of Blizzard fanboys and whales taking bites off their shit sandwich and declaring "no, I love to eat shit, it's delicious!" but I feel bad for you, that you think this is acceptable. Especially from a so-called top tier game studio.

This game is gross. It's disgusting. This isn't gaming, this is jerking off paypigs and everyone at Blizzard should be ashamed.

THIS ISN'T GAMING.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    And, you lose any extras you paid for with this pass, if you don't log in every day.
    You only lose a daily reward. You don't lose the expanded inventory and other "monthly" perks if you don't log in daily. Also Diablo as a game has pretty much been "auto target grind fest". You just click and use abilities. It has never been this super complex thing that kids couldn't understand how to play. Real Money transactions also developed in the community with D2 which is why D3 tried to make it "legit" and scam free with the AH. So you don't seem to understand what Diablo has always been if you think this mobile game is not "Authentic".

The amusing part is Blizzard would be designing for the whales or "pay pigs" as you call them since Hearthstone. As it is a mobile game with heavy monetization. Yet that didn't cause you to forsake Blizzard, strange huh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You only lose a daily reward. You don't lose the expanded inventory and other "monthly" perks if you don't log in daily. Also Diablo as a game has pretty much been "auto target grind fest". You just click and use abilities. It has never been this super complex thing that kids couldn't understand how to play. Real Money transactions also developed in the community with D2 which is why D3 tried to make it "legit" and scam free with the AH. So you don't seem to understand what Diablo has always been if you think this mobile game is not "Authentic".

The amusing part is Blizzard would be designing for the whales or "pay pigs" as you call them since Hearthstone. As it is a mobile game with heavy monetization. Yet that didn't cause you to forsake Blizzard, strange huh?
    How's that shit sandwich? Delicious, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    How's that shit sandwich? Delicious, right?
    You tell me since you've apparently been eating it since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Again, i said i can understand someone preffer it.

He straight said its much better

I had a blast playing d2r and now again playing ladder. I uninstalled this shameless cashgrab in about half an hour. Come on....

Diablo 2 is still a 20 year old game anyway, ofc there have been QoL improvements in that period, but it still was revolutionary at its time. And did everything right.

Thats why D2 is a legend and this DI will never reach anything like that, imho. Which doesnt mean it cant be enjoyed, and i agreee it has some good ideas. But again, come on...
    It’s too early to tell how much of a cashgrab it will be. Campaign seems fairly doable without spending one penny. Endgame we shall see, given I have ZERO interest in PvP.

I tried it a bit today on PC, combat felt smooth, I enjoyed it. I see people couldnt change the graphics, but I could. Was it a bug in the start?

Didn't Blizzard say this game would have no microtransactions a few months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say this game would have no microtransactions a few months ago?
    Uh no. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    I took a look and the DI store looks to be decent for a F2P game, doesn't seem to have the ad spam of other games I play.
    Complete a dungeon, heres a coupon. Ok
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

So I am finding it to be a bit monotonous and boring. Everything a mobile game aspires to be.

Ridiculous amount of ptw in this game someone did some math and paying around 800$ will set you ahead 3 years compared to people not paying if you want the highest lvl gems for example.

Didnt Blizz say this game would have non of it before btw?

Oh and "This is the most ambitious Diablo game we have created" much of the game feels like d3 lite.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-06-04 at 08:21 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Complete a dungeon, heres a coupon. Ok
    You really think a coupon offer is the same as having your game come to a grinding halt for an ad? If so you never intended to give the game a fair chance to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    You really think a coupon offer is the same as having your game come to a grinding halt for an ad? If so you never intended to give the game a fair chance to begin with.
    Oh you’re talking like actual commercial advertising. My bad. Yeah both are still bullshit though

I dont play many phone games and the only phone games i have played are osrs/rs3 mobile, hearthstone, some lineage game back in 2018 when i got this phone to benchmark over my previous phone, dragonball legends, pokemon go, and yugioh master duel. I have played other mobile games but i dont remember having ads in them. Not saying it doesnt happen though
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2022-06-04 at 08:20 PM.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

This thread sounds a lot like the Lost Ark threads where people said the horrendous honing system is okay because "there are way WAY worse ones out there!". Doesn't change the fact it was horrendous.

As for DI, I never expected anything grand or non-predatory - it turned out exactly as I expected it to.

Best quest design in years. Now that's good design, "farm stuff for 4 more levels". A rift gives me 1 xp bar out of 12...so fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Again, i said i can understand someone preffer it.

He straight said its much better

I had a blast playing d2r and now again playing ladder. I uninstalled this shameless cashgrab in about half an hour. Come on....

Diablo 2 is still a 20 year old game anyway, ofc there have been QoL improvements in that period, but it still was revolutionary at its time. And did everything right.

Thats why D2 is a legend and this DI will never reach anything like that, imho. Which doesnt mean it cant be enjoyed, and i agreee it has some good ideas. But again, come on...
    The flow and micromanagement of an arpg is what dictates whether a particular game is good or not. In this case, DI is completely superior to D2 and is therefor a much better game. The fact that i can use real money to make it even better is great.

In retrospect, the endgame is really no different than in D2 where you could potentially have to grind for years to get a particular item and lose it because you couldn't get back to your body and grind for another few years or just pay real money and have someone trade it to you.

From a F2P pov the game is trash.
    If youre willing to spend ~1000$ i guess itll be a decent game.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Atlast!

People are so overdramatic. Just pay the $110,000 and max one character out. It's really not a big deal. Well, apparantly that just opens up another tier of upgrades that need to be purchased, but for a little over $100k you can at least get started!