Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Very good point. I think that having “less” big systems could be a good thing if implemented properly. I would love to see gear vendors return or some form of progression outside of M+, PvP, and raids.

There’s certainly quite a bit we still “don’t know” in terms of specifics and progression.
    This one is very likely: they mentioned that the Cypher System (which allowed for gearing up to Normal raid level through strict outdoor world content) was a success and they want to implement it further. We will see if it goes beyond Normal gearing.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    This one is very likely: they mentioned that the Cypher System (which allowed for gearing up to Normal raid level through strict outdoor world content) was a success and they want to implement it further. We will see if it goes beyond Normal gearing.
    Sure would be cool!

However: it does not change the fact that Dragonflight offers no new gameplay systems besides dungeons and raiding
    People were pretty vocal about hating torghast, island expeditions and warfronts.

I don't blame blizzard for not bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Oh your right. I am so sorry, THIS IS SO MUCH that we can look forward too, omg I was so excited I completely forgot to mention the other big big big big reveal item... the new UI options, ya know the ones we have been using mods for. SO AMAZING.

fukin hell. just be real, if Blizzard shit in a bag and marked it COOL STUFF you would buy it.
    So would be better if they don't do anything because you know, you can always use addons? Also adding another class is not an big thing? Ah yeah, you dont like it so doesn't count right? New raids, dungeons also doesn't count because in previous expansions there were also new raids and dungeons. Everything so old and unimpressive, right? Damn, it just look like every new WoW expansion.

They would give you pure diamond and you still would call it shit because its from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2022-07-07 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).
    You've seen thousands of people ask for these things? You must spend a lot of time on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    You've seen thousands of people ask for these things? You must spend a lot of time on forums.
    People play for many reasons. In fact each class is played by a fraction of the playerbase, about a 5-12% distribution. Doesn’t mean the class shouldn’t exist, lol. Same goes for races and playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    the new race/class ruined it for me tbh.... so much wasted development resources.....
    also, full price for an expansion with a sub fee?
    they do need to start looking at the sub fee imo. they would prolly do better with it 5$ a month as people would be more apt to sub and then just leave it rolling despite not palying for periods of time. players, like me, who sub for big game content patches/events would end up paying more over the year. and the rest would just be happier paying less.

Dragonflight offers no new gameplay systems besides dungeons and raiding
    Well that's great then, its what I play WoW for.

If I want solo endgame content I can play any of a million single player games instead.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Secondary stat flasks are what I live for

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    What is in Dragonflight?

From announcement video:
    -Dragon Isles (60-70): 4 leveling zones and 1 starter zone (said to be larger than, if not, at-least the same size as Northrend)
    -New race/class combo: Dracthyr Evoker (Ranged DPS/Healer specs)
    -Dragon-Riding (zones will be vertical. Will be obtained very early in leveling process as it will be used throughout the remaining zones)
    -Profession Revamp (work orders, potential for crafting tier sets and rare items on par with high-end raiding)
    -UI revamp (enough said)
    -New talent trees (yes, some regular abilities are in these; however, there are legendaries, conduits, covenant abilities, etc. from past expansions baked in)

What was announced POST announcement video:
    Account-wide basically EVERYTHING
    -Renown return (new version of reputations that will give rewards (account wide) and unlock new quest lines to do)
    -World content (think of activities in Korthia/Zereth Mortis. Blizzard has an entire team working on this. Things like Dragon racing, puzzles, rare spawns, climbing, areas to utilize Dragon-riding, etc.)
    -Return of a system like Forge (craft gear from doing only World content without needing to step foot into instanced content)
    -8 new dungeons (S1 will have 4 in M+ then another 4 older dungeons. S2 will have other 4 in M+ then another different 4 older dungeons). Why is this good? Different loot tables for the entire S1/S2. Different dungeons for the entire S1/S2
    -Looking to add areas for WPvP in World content (pvp gearing back to WoD style)
    -looking to implement a better solution to Personal loot (even Master loot on table)
    -few other things I can’t think off of top of head atm)

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not going to argue back and forth with anyone over this. If what I listed isn’t “enough” for you, either wait for Alpha/Beta to see for yourself or play something else.
    I refer back to this post when I was saying, "Dragonflight has content. Just wait", basically. The profession system seems really interesting. Now, let's see what else they have in store with us for the rest of the talents, Dragonriding, Endgame systems of gearing, etc.

I guess i was one of a few people to actually like Warfronts and Island Expeditions hehehe...

It surely could've been done better, but i still liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    I guess i was one of a few people to actually like Warfronts and Island Expeditions hehehe...

It surely could've been done better, but i still liked it.
    I'm assuming that the equivalent is coming in 10.1

It feels like an experiment to see how deep the Stockholm Syndrome goes with their player base by giving less and less and wanting more and more from them.

It's genuinely disturbing to watch.

Especially seeing how morally bankrupt they've gotten to with Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    -Dragon Isles (60-70): Exhausting. Annoying. Boring. just a few rocks full of geckos. We already have a lot of this in other areas.
    -New race/class: I don't want to be racist... but it's the weirdest race wow has ever released. Trolls look fine next to this. Yet another race where NO xmog wears well. And about the class, Jesus Christ, what a dull thing.
    -Dragon-Riding: This will be Twisting Corridors 2.0 (keep my words). I think Blizzard will have to remove it in the next patch after DF release.
    -Profession Revamp: I know fun is subjective... but I'll die without ever understanding how someone has fun "working" on a video game. lol
    --UI revamp: Blizzard is so low on content in this expansion that a simple UI update is billed as a "big event".
    -New talent trees : It's the only good thing about DragonFlop.
    I don't think anyone will call you racist for calling a race weird in a video game man

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    they do need to start looking at the sub fee imo. they would prolly do better with it 5$ a month as people would be more apt to sub and then just leave it rolling despite not palying for periods of time. players, like me, who sub for big game content patches/events would end up paying more over the year. and the rest would just be happier paying less.
    the sub doesnt bother me that much, but 70 for an expansion is messed up

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Besides from it seem to be coming to fast i think this will be the best xpac in years.
    I think they realise what they were doing is wrong and make it fun again.
    Also i love the clean state of Dragons compared to crazy Shadowlands fantasy.
    I´m in with you.

Shadowlands has been the first expansion ever that made me "quit" (playing classic instead, because it´s simply better imo, and I didn´t even ever intend to play it... again)

So that means button floor. It can only get better from now because a game can´t get any worse than when you don´t want to play it.

If you're bored, you're boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Funny enough, in contrast to almost every opinion I read on Reddit & Co., I thought the trailer was great. Unfortunately, the expansion looks bland and boring and doesn't live up to the hype that was generated during the trailer.

This expansion is outright boring. Not only the setting, but the features as well. Or better said, the lack thereof.
    The expansion isn't boring by any means. I don't think I've been this excited for a new zone since maybe Mists of Pandaria? The problem is every expansion since Mists brought up some kinda of gimmick or flavour like farms in Mists, Garrisons in WoD, class halls and artifact weapons in Legion, Azerite power in BFA and Covenants in Shadowlands. Now I'm not saying its a bad thing, but Dragonflight is actually lacking in "flavour". I was surprised they didn't bring back Class Halls or even artifact weapons. I thought this would have been a great time to bring those back. So yeah there is a real lack of features. Don't think we've had an expansion like this since maybe WoD. Maybe they didn't really have much time to work on any new features with how rushed the whole expansion feels which is a good and a bad thing. BFA and Shadowlands just feel like bloated expansions with so much to do where it can be hugely overwhelming at times with so many systems layered on top of systems.

I personally like the setting but its definitely lacking a "hook" like previous expansions.

I find it exciting but then again I got zero expectations since I just returned back.