Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Need to remove all the new race/class combos since Cata if narrative boundaries suddenly matter again.

As far as logical goes, the current Dracthyr model could not stand due to lack of muscle to support their wings. They'd simply tip over and turtle.
    Nothing about the narrative boundaries really stops the new race/class combos. There are also plenty of Warcraft beings who "logically" can't exist due to biological impossibilities and the like - but then it's also a world steeped in magic, so that doesn't really matter much either.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It seems doubtful, especially since we know that Maloriak used to be a human (Mallory) and was somehow mutated by Nefarian into what he is now - the Dracthyr aren't mutated humans.
    Wouldn't entirely surprise me if they retcon it (if they bother at all) into Nefarian trying to emulate his father's experiments that resulted in the Dracthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I guess if you've never played WoW you could believe that the project to create unbeatable dragon soldiers ended. There's are raids about it continuing in most of the expansions though. Most recently, BFA.
    I didn't say it ended, and obviously, since I was also talking about the Chromatic flight I'm aware it continued under Nefarian, and then with the Twilight flight. I was referred to the Dracthyr project being shelved - since the Dracthyr seem to me like a beta version of the Chromatic flight, more stable but with less overall potential in Neltharion/Deathwing's eyes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You think you do, but you don't. All you know is a group of vocal people who paint themselves as "the community". In reality, the vast majority of WoW players have never, ever voiced their opinions anywhere, so it's impossible to know them.
    I think I do because I do. It's a massive group of vocal people. Dragon adjacent race is supposed to look like a dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Wouldn't entirely surprise me if they retcon it (if they bother at all) into Nefarian trying to emulate his father's experiments that resulted in the Dracthyr.
    I doubt they'd retcon the origins of the Dracthyr along those lines, given they were created prior to the Sundering. But it's quite possible that Maloriak was creating using processes discovered in the creation of the Dracthyr.

It seems doubtful, especially since we know that Maloriak used to be a human (Mallory) and was somehow mutated by Nefarian into what he is now - the Dracthyr aren't mutated humans.
    Dracthyr are humanoid races (humans and elves) infused with the "essence of dragons". The only difference is you choosing to use the word "mutated" instead of "infused" which mean the same thing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing about the narrative boundaries really stops the new race/class combos.
    I'm sure you know better than Blizzard does about their story.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Faces still look like slut dragons from Rick and Morty. But the it seems there's a lot of customization options, perhaps there's gonna be enough for the build-a-dragon to produce something looking decent.

Great that they listen to feedback, probably too late to really give them "muscular" or "bulkier" bodies, but still cool that they are trying to incorporate more body options.

I doubt they'd retcon the origins of the Dracthyr along those lines, given they were created prior to the Sundering. But it's quite possible that Maloriak was creating using processes discovered in the creation of the Dracthyr.
    Think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying retcon the origins of the Dracthyr, I'm saying retcon the origins of Maloriak (slightly) and that he's the result of Nefarian trying to copy his father's work (and doing so poorly).

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Faces still look like slut dragons from Rick and Morty. But the it seems there's a lot of customization options, perhaps there's gonna be enough for the build-a-dragon to produce something looking decent.

Great that they listen to feedback, probably too late to really give them "muscular" or "bulkier" bodies, but still cool that they are trying to incorporate more body options.
    Yeah those fucking gecko cheeks are shit. Give em more og WoW male dragon mugs and they are gonna be at least ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying retcon the origins of the Dracthyr, I'm saying retcon the origins of Maloriak (slightly) and that he's the result of Nefarian trying to copy his father's work (and doing so poorly).
    Sorry, seemed like you were referring to the Dracthyr previously. I think the Maloriak angle is entirely possible, though. Not sure I'd consider it a retcon, even, as we don't really know how Nefarian made Maloriak beyond just mutating them.

- - - Updated - - -

Dracthyr are humanoid races (humans and elves) infused with the "essence of dragons". The only difference is you choosing to use the word "mutated" instead of "infused" which mean the same thing anyway.
    We only know the Dracthyr were created to combine the "adaptability of the mortal races" and the essence of dragons, we don't know that Neltharion mutated/infused mortals to create them, or if they were engineered as humanoid dragonkin from the start. Given the timeframe, it seems unlikely Neltharion prior to his corruption would've chosen such a route. And either way, the Dracthyr both physically and essentially stand apart from Maloriak as entirely different beings.

I'm sure you know better than Blizzard does about their story.
    Knowing "better" isn't a requirement here in any way. If you think the narrative boundaries somehow prevent these combinations, by all means, supply some kind of evidence to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I think I do because I do. It's a massive group of vocal people. Dragon adjacent race is supposed to look like a dragon.
    That's just a simple mechanism of validating your own opinion. All you know is a group of people who validate your opinion, but it's not "massive" by any reasonable standard. "Massive" is the advantage of slender races over buffed up races between players, and that's a fact, however you want to paint it.

We can tell you've never actually exercised since you can't tell the difference between arm definition and pectoral muscles (which are required for functioning wings).
    Oh you’re adorable lol.

That's just a simple mechanism of validating your own opinion. All you know is a group of people who validate your opinion, but it's not "massive" by any reasonable standard. "Massive" is the advantage of slender races over buffed up races between players, and that's a fact, however you want to paint it.
    It's working. It's a massive group by reasonable standard. If almost 9k people like a post of something then it's a significant thing. These are meant to be dragonmen not elves.

It's working. It's a massive group by reasonable standard. If almost 9k people like a post of something then it's a significant thing. These are meant to be dragonmen not elves.
    Again, it's inconslusive until you provide data of how many would like the idea of slender Drakthyrs if they made them buffed up.

Again, it's inconslusive until you provide data of how many would like the idea of slender Drakthyrs if they made them buffed up.
    Reactions tell me not many and I don't need exact data for that. It's dragon race who right in their mind would want it to be slender. It's fucking counterintuitive.

Reactions tell me not many and I don't need exact data for that. It's dragon race who right in their mind would want it to be slender. It's fucking counterintuitive.
    It doesn't matter who and why; it's not for you to judge. That's the whole point here - that you can't stop projecting your own opinions on others. Everyone who shares your view is "the community" , everyone who doesn't "is not in their right mind". You're biased through and through, it's really no surprise you can't understand people can have different views.

It doesn't matter who and why; it's not for you to judge. That's the whole point here - that you can't stop projecting your own opinions on others. Everyone who shares your view is "the community" , everyone who doesn't "is not in their right mind". You're biased through and through, it's really no surprise you can't understand people can have different views.
    I project established WoW art style and dragon presentations. The uproar caused by Soythyr announced made Blizzard respond to damage control within a day.

I project established WoW art style and dragon presentations. The uproar caused by Soythyr announced made Blizzard respond to damage control within a day.
    That's what companies do, regardless of who is right. That is, yet again, you looking for validation of your own opinions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what companies do, regardless of who is right. That is, yet again, you looking for validation of your own opinions.
    Dude you made and proved your point yet the kid keeps saying random stuff like "it doesn't look like WoW dragons" (which is bullshit) and all the other random lingo. At this point you are just being led on / trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Dude you made and proved your point yet the kid keeps saying random stuff like "it doesn't look like WoW dragons" (which is bullshit) and all the other random lingo. At this point you are just being led on / trolled.
    I mean, I did hope that he at least acknowledges that opinions are not facts and vice versa, but yeah, I'm slowly realizing this is a lost cause.