Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually, I feel that the 5-minute CD is justified, now that we know it's usuable outside the Isles. If the cooldown was siginficantly shorter, it would make Dracthyr the most mobile class in the game, and give them a mode of transport that's far superior to every other class in the game. They get a flightform that is multitudes faster than any flying mount in the game. You can't just give them something like that with a short CD. If you did, they would just fly everywhere without concern for mounts or flight paths.
    If that’s why then they should give us a flight form that works like traditional mounts. They already have all the animations including backwards flight.
    (Hell you think they’re actual dragons. It’s never been seen in lore where dragons are riding other dragons as mounts)

You’ve got to admit that it kills the fantasy of playing a draconic being when you’ve got to ride another dragon/mount.

Make the dragon riding flight work on the isles only and use traditional flight outside of the isles.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    If that’s why then they should give us a flight form that works like traditional mounts. They already have all the animations including backwards flight.
    (Hell you think they’re actual dragons. It’s never been seen in lore where dragons are riding other dragons as mounts)

You’ve got to admit that it kills the fantasy of playing a draconic being when you’ve got to ride another dragon/mount.

Make the dragon riding flight work on the isles only and use traditional flight outside of the isles.
    If you’re willing to wait 5 minutes, you don’t need a mount. Dracthyr can fly multitudes faster than anything else. I think that CD is a fair price to pay for such a powerful effect.
    The ability to actually fly in such a unique fashion only enhances the dragon fantasy of the race/class.

So I've seen all the options available for barber shop's chest pieces for the Dracthyr, and I have to say Blizzard fucked up really good.

They say "making chest armor for the dracthyr is super hard" and yet we have armor options, we have two that completely wrap around their torsos:

That completely invalidates their reasoning behind "we can't make armor pieces fit the dracthyr", since they literally made a normal chest piece wrap around their torsos as normal with their wings clipping through the back:

In short: there are absolutely zero reason to not allow the dracthyr to display all transmog pieces.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So I've seen all the options available for barber shop's chest pieces for the Dracthyr, and I have to say Blizzard fucked up really good.

They say "making chest armor for the dracthyr is super hard" and yet we have armor options, we have two that completely wrap around their torsos:

That completely invalidates their reasoning behind "we can't make armor pieces fit the dracthyr", since they literally made a normal chest piece wrap around their torsos as normal with their wings clipping through the back:

In short: there are absolutely zero reason to not allow the dracthyr to display all transmog pieces.
    Yeah I had noticed that too.
    I think what they were trying to go for was having two different transmogs for dracthyr and visage form…
    But they could’ve just made it so using the barber shop armor hides the transmog for the slot it’s on.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yeah I had noticed that too.
    I think what they were trying to go for was having two different transmogs for dracthyr and visage form…
    But they could’ve just made it so using the barber shop armor hides the transmog for the slot it’s on.
    If that is the reason-- I doubt it is, but for the sake of argument-- then they should've done just that: allow us to have different transmog sets between their base form and visage form. After all, Blizzard allows you to have different transmogs for different specs, so the tech is already there.

7+ Year Old Account
    After the last images pop out, we should just get the drakonid, like everyone else had envisioned.

And that pisses me off greatly, they can do amazing models, but as fucking npcs and then the playable version is this skinny lizard looking garbage

I mean, we already know blizzard is being lazy as fuck with the whole idea and design behind this thing, of course there is zero reasons besides dong less work and not adimitting they fucked up.

I don't think people are rly understanding this, but the dracthyr are not using your own armor, they are using a set of pre-determined pieces, just like those in the demon hunter demon form. Thats why they said you could change armor in the barber shop, its not like the worgen situation where the humand and werewolf use the same model

10+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard being lazy as fuck" ... give 6 pages of customizations for billions of combos total.

More idiotic statement could not be made.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    All derived from the Incubus model.
    It isn't, but I realize that people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about will continue to parrot this shit for eternity, just like the retards that, to this day, think "Blizzard said Sylvanas was morally grey!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "Blizzard being lazy as fuck" ... give 6 pages of customizations for billions of combos total.

a ton of dual hair colors, and different skin colors, using the elf model, truly the epitome of customization and hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Perhaps you should actually read and try to understand what people are posting instead of jumping to conclusions after looking at only the pictures certain key words.

Blizzard said in an interview that:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The big challenge is with such a unique body shape and horns and wings, fitting regular armor was a mix of logistically impossible but also undermining a bit of the core fantasy of being a scaled draconic being with wings. And if you cover it all up, that undermines a piece of it.
    And yet, despite that claim-- which on its own already has so many glaring flaws, considering the dracthyr's body shape is not really different than any playable race in the game, and several races have horns and/or long ears, and we have five races with animal-like feet-- Blizzard just goes ahead and easily does what they considered "nigh impossible" by literally just giving them full torso armor and allow wings to clip from the back.

Of the four armor in the image I linked, two of them completely invalidate Blizzard's own reasoning for not giving the dracthyr access to all the armor chest pieces available to the mail armor type because it shows that there is absolutely zero need to "fit" anything on their torso.

Most chest pieces in the game are just textures...3d pieces can work if you don't have to scale them on their individual axis to much.
    Textures for previous races won't work on Dracthyr because of stretching in squeezing and such.

When they say "we can't make armor pieces fit Dracthyr" they mean "We can't make previous armors fit Dracthyr". They have to be made specifically for them.
    The statement "We can't make armor pieces fit Dracthyr" and take that as you just can't make armor for them is just bonkers to me. Because it's 3D art, you can literally do anything. Do you have a link to that statement? Feels like it's either very badly made statement, or taken out of context.

It's not about defending the decision. I want Dracthyr to have transmog and I think they should put in the effort on new armors. Which means making every mail armor twice.... which should be fine because of their manpower.
    But it's misinformation to say that these images somehow show they can use previous armors as trasmogs. They can't. Unless they go in and make a duplicate of the texture + tweaking to fit them.

URL="https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonflight-alpha-group-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-release-date-power-327707"]an interview[/URL] that:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The big challenge is with such a unique body shape and horns and wings, fitting regular armor was a mix of logistically impossible but also undermining a bit of the core fantasy of being a scaled draconic being with wings. And if you cover it all up, that undermines a piece of it.
    Nvm, got it from your other post.
    Yes, regular armor in this case, means the armor that every other race can use. Which would be difficult to make fit and look right without redoing them.
    That's just a fact of 3D art.

This isn't exactly calling them out for lying or being exposed.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-16 at 03:48 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Most chest pieces in the game are just textures...3d pieces can work if you don't have to scale them on their individual axis to much.
    Textures for previous races won't work on Dracthyr because of stretching in squeezing and such.
    And it wouldn't be a problem for the dracthyr since the race has the exact same body proportions as the majority of races, such as elves, humans, orcs, etc. Even if there would be "stretching and squeezing" it still would look at thousand times better than how it looks on the tiny races such as gnomes and goblins.

When they say "we can't make armor pieces fit Dracthyr" they mean "We can't make previous armors fit Dracthyr". They have to be made specifically for them.
    The statement "We can't make armor pieces fit Dracthyr" and take that as you just can't make armor for them is just bonkers to me. Because it's 3D art, you can literally do anything. Do you have a link to that statement? Feels like it's either very badly made statement, or taken out of context.
    You're wrong. Because armor pieces with 3D assets to them have to be retrofitted for every new race added into the game that has an unique model. Meaning Zandalari trolls and kul'tiran humans "forced" Blizzard to retrofit 3D armor pieces to fit their models, and they'll have to do that to every new playable race that they add into the game.

Not to mention, when adding armor with 3D assets to them, Blizzard already had to work to fit them on all current races, and have to do it again for Dragonflight. So the idea that "they would have to fit 3D assets for the dracthyr" is a meaningless excuse because, again, they had to do that every time for every race when they add a new armor piece with 3D elements.

Yes, regular armor in this case, means the armor that every other race can use. Which would be difficult to make fit and look right without redoing them.
    That's just a fact of 3D art.

This isn't exactly calling them out for lying or being exposed.
    Except it is "calling them out". Because adding armor with no 3D assets on the dracthyr's body would not look out of place, or 'stretched' or 'squeezed' in the slightest, because their body proportions (torso size compared to arm size compared to leg size, etc) is the same as most human-like races in the game such as elves and humans. In fact, it's even easier because there is no body dimorphism between male and female for the dracthyr.

And adding armor with 3D assets would be no different than making them fit the current playable races.

And it wouldn't be a problem for the dracthyr since the race has the exact same body proportions as the majority of races, such as elves, humans, orcs, etc. Even if there would be "stretching and squeezing" it still would look at thousand times better than how it looks on the tiny races such as gnomes and goblins.
    Dracthyr needs a vastly different UV mapping than any other race. The rest do share proportions more so than Dracthyr does.
    + Dracthyr has it's wings, that are huge...that requires a lot of texture space and their face requires a higher resolution than most races.

You're wrong. Because armor pieces with 3D assets to them have to be retrofitted for every new race added into the game that has an unique model. Meaning Zandalari trolls and kul'tiran humans "forced" Blizzard to retrofit 3D armor pieces to fit their models, and they'll have to do that to every new playable race that they add into the game.

Not to mention, when adding armor with 3D assets to them, Blizzard already had to work to fit them on all current races, and have to do it again for Dragonflight. So the idea that "they would have to fit 3D assets for the dracthyr" is a meaningless excuse because, again, they had to do that every time for every race when they add a new armor piece with 3D elements.
    Yes and no. Close but no cigar. 3D models are fitted onto races by using anchor points. The reason for this is because of said anchor points you only have to change the settings on them. Rotation, position and scaling and this will translate onto the 3d piece that's attached to it. They only need to adjust these setting once and then that will apply to every single piece attached. They don't have to go piece by piece and make it fit, exceptions will apply of course.

Then again, 3D pieces, as I mentioned in my post. Are the ones that's easiest to make work. So we agree here you are just slightly wrong with them having to fit every single new 3D piece to every single race. That would be heavily ineffective. Especially when you add new races and you would have to go over hundreds if not thousands of pieces and fit them.

Except it is "calling them out". Because adding armor with no 3D assets on the dracthyr's body would not look out of place, or 'stretched' or 'squeezed' in the slightest, because their body proportions (torso size compared to arm size compared to leg size, etc) is the same as most human-like races in the game such as elves and humans. In fact, it's even easier because there is no body dimorphism between male and female for the dracthyr.

And adding armor with 3D assets would be no different than making them fit the current playable races.
    As I mentioned above, it's mostly the texture space that's the issue. They have longer necks, longer bodies, longer legs than most races, even a longer head and a bigger tail. They can't have the same UV texture proportions as other races without decreasing quality. But the fact that the Wings would take up 1/3 of the UV space by itself is enough to throw a wrench into using older textures. you maximize space when you make textures and UV. They didn't leave space for a new race to be introduced 18 years later with wings and a massive tail. Taurens and Vulpera do have tails, but they are also smaller and would probably fit in some UV space they've allocated as "misc" (just guessing here).

Making these NEW pieces textures specifically for Dracthyr isn't an indication that you can retrofit OLDER pieces of texture. It's not how things work.
    I have made detailed posts just about how texturing and 3D modeling works for this in one of these dracthyr threads. I will see if I can find it. Because I cba making it as detailed again.

I just like to clarify some misinformation about a subject I think I know pretty well.
    Once again, don't get me wrong. I think they should put in the effort in any armor that's created in the future but expecting them to remake thousands of textures through 18 years of content is something you can wish for, but it's not realistic...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53738620

Here's 1 thread where it starts. You have to go through some pages though.
    If you're not convinced, that's fine. I'm well aware I could be wrong with my assessments, but the info I provide is coming from experience, education and genuine interest in watching tech stuff about 3D / game development. But every company works different and has their own pipeline so it's hard to 100% say how things work, it's all speculation.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-16 at 05:42 PM.

+ Dracthyr has it's wings, that are huge...that requires a lot of texture space and their face requires a higher resolution than most races.
    Which is completely irrelevant because the wings already clip through armor with the "barber shop" armor options. So just let it clip through the other existing armor options.

Yes and no. Close but no cigar. 3D models are fitted onto races by using anchor points. The reason for this is because of said anchor points you only have to change the settings on them. Rotation, position and scaling and this will translate onto the 3d piece that's attached to it. They only need to adjust these setting once and then that will apply to every single piece attached. They don't have to go piece by piece and make it fit, exceptions will apply of course.

Then again, 3D pieces, as I mentioned in my post. Are the ones that's easiest to make work. So we agree here you are just slightly wrong with them having to fit every single new 3D piece to every single race. That would be heavily ineffective. Especially when you add new races and you would have to go over hundreds if not thousands of pieces and fit them.
    It still doesn't change the fact that none of that the only argument people (and Blizzard) have here is "omg but the wings!" which is rendered null and void because wings already clip through armor with the "barber shop armor" options Blizzard has revealed for the dracthyr that wraps around their torsos completely and the wings clip through.

As I mentioned above, it's mostly the texture space that's the issue. They have longer necks, longer bodies, longer legs than most races, even a longer head and a bigger tail.
    • Longer necks: the tauren say 'hello'.
    • Longer bodies: the goblins, vulpera, gnomes and mechagnomes with their shrunked bodies say "hello".
    • Longer legs: the goblins, vulpera, gnomes and mechagnomes with their shrunked legs say "hello".
    • Longer head: the worgen and tauren say 'hello'.
    • Bigger tail: Size of the tail isn't an issue. Thin or long, it'll still clip through the leg armor.

Making these NEW pieces textures specifically for Dracthyr isn't an indication that you can retrofit OLDER pieces of texture. It's not how things work.
    And my point is that Blizzard doesn't need to "retrofit" anything. Extra body parts clipping through armor graphics is nothing new in this game, as shown since the vanilla game with the night elves' ears and tauren tails.

Which is completely irrelevant because the wings already clip through armor with the "barber shop" armor options. So just let it clip through the other existing armor options.
    This had nothing to do with texture space...

It still doesn't change the fact that none of that the only argument people (and Blizzard) have here is "omg but the wings!" which is rendered null and void because wings already clip through armor with the "barber shop armor" options Blizzard has revealed for the dracthyr that wraps around their torsos completely and the wings clip through.
    Not relevant to what I typed.. and once again, 3d pieces are easy to fix and is something that can work on Dracthyr. I even said so.

• Longer necks: the tauren say 'hello'.
    • Longer bodies: the goblins, vulpera, gnomes and mechagnomes with their shrunked bodies say "hello".
    • Longer legs: the goblins, vulpera, gnomes and mechagnomes with their shrunked legs say "hello".
    • Longer head: the worgen and tauren say 'hello'.
    • Bigger tail: Size of the tail isn't an issue. Thin or long, it'll still clip through the leg armor.
    Actually gnomes, goblins and ,I suspect, vulpera do have squished textures on their armors. I have an example on the gnome somewhere in the thread I linked (unless it was in the other).
    It's just "accepted" because you don't see it unless you zoom in because they are mostly just a head and you can't see the issue because they are so small.

Haven't looked at Tauren, but their "neck" is a mane... built with multiple pieces of hair which all share the same small texture. So it barely takes up any space.

Tail comment has nothing to do with texture space. I haven't even mentioned clipping in my posts.. it's not an issue, plenty of stuff are clipping.

And my point is that Blizzard doesn't need to "retrofit" anything. Extra body parts clipping through armor graphics is nothing new in this game, as shown since the vanilla game with the night elves' ears and tauren tails.
    Once again, I'm talking about textures, not clipping. I don't think you know what you are talking about tbh.
    Anyway, all info explaining all of this should be there. With that I'm off from this.

Once again, I'm talking about textures, not clipping. I don't think you know what you are talking about tbh.
    Anyway, all info explaining all of this should be there. With that I'm off from this.
    But it's irrelevant. The dracthyr body near perfectly fits all the current armor pieces in the. The "longer torso and legs" things is negligible, the longer neck, too, is negligible. If any "stretching" happens, it'd be negligible and barely noticeable unless you were actively looking for it. The back would be hidden by the wings, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    After the last images pop out, we should just get the drakonid, like everyone else had envisioned.

And that pisses me off greatly, they can do amazing models, but as fucking npcs and then the playable version is this skinny lizard looking garbage
    This is a rule at Blizzard. NPCs have much better skins or xmogs than players in general.
    I've spent a lifetime asking for the entire xmog from mawsworns. My Hunter would look wonderful in the middle xmog in the image below.
    They just released the shoulders. And the rest??? The EVIL really lives in the corridors of Activision Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    This is a rule at Blizzard. NPCs have much better skins or xmogs than players in general.
    I've spent a lifetime asking for the entire xmog from mawsworns. My Hunter would look wonderful in the middle xmog in the image below.
    They just released the shoulders. And the rest??? The EVIL really lives in the corridors of Activision Blizzard.

https://snipboard.io/2IW5Xt.jpg
    The mawsworn aren't wearing transmogable gear they are models that you can't just slap onto players, to make stuff work on players it has to be completely remade like what they did with the night Bourne when they made them an allied race.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The mawsworn aren't wearing transmogable gear they are models that you can't just slap onto players, to make stuff work on players it has to be completely remade like what they did with the night Bourne when they made them an allied race.
    I'm fairly sure you can find their shoulders in the Broker vendors inside Torghast. At least, they look really similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

https://snipboard.io/2IW5Xt.jpg
    There's a toy you can acquire in Torghast that gives you the appearance of a random Mawsworn servitor, but beyond that, sadly no real Mawsworn xmog beyond the SoD tier sets. I'd really love to have an xmog set resembling the 3rd NPC in the image above, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead