Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Interesting, I must've forgotten a lot what I did within highmaul then.
    I barely remember it beyond passing off my raid lead with chi explosion because it was "padding the meters"

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring is good. I'll take that to enforced busywork that just leads to me not logging in at all. If I can play during the weekend and actually feel like I'm finished and log out... I view that as a positive. I can find something else to do. And I won't resent the game for disrespecting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Honestly I have been very critical of the game myself and stopped playing it when I didnt enjoy it but at this point I dont know what you people would want to be happy.

-There is an expansion centric feature: dead on arrival because it will be gone after the expansion -> complaints
    -There is not an expansion centric feature and instead we return to the roots of the game with more base content than before: nothing to do -> complaints
    Despite their flaws, many people liked those features and it is a shame that bliz never iterated on them.
    It was always:
    "Some people in the internet don't like them"
    "Then DELETE THEM!"

And the worst part of it is people compare it to vanilla-TBC-WoTLK version of the game claiming there was so much more to do back then. Like literally wtf are you smoking? Its totally fine if you preffered those versions, I myself have very very fond memories of all of those expansions but to unironically claim there was more to do in those expansions for the average player is a straight up lie.
    Depends on what you like to do. If you just raidlog you are probably right.

You forgot to add “unpopular opinion” to your title, and it 100% is one. Also it’s impossible to take somebody seriously, when they have a small list of irrelevant personal quotas the game has to generate in order for them to be satisfied. Dragonflight as a Wow expansion, and not a personal server/game, is looking to be one of the best expansions ever. This is the Wow 2.0 that should have happened long ago. It’s evolving in the right direction, and simply not just adding more complication to its systems. Not everyone has to like the expansion, but to act like it’s a bad Wow expansion is just disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Despite their flaws, many people liked those features and it is a shame that bliz never iterated on them.
    It was always:
    "Some people in the internet don't like them"
    "Then DELETE THEM!"

Depends on what you like to do. If you just raidlog you are probably right.
    Ok. Enighten me then what was there to do back then that you cannot do now plus more?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Since the vast majority of people who have ever played WoW no longer do, the positive minded people are rather unrepresentative.
    I honestly think this is gonna be a good expansion, a lot better than what people think it is going to be.

they didn't even make new race from scratch. they used blood elf and human body, this mean its low budget expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Yeah like groups of hatebois and groups of postive minded people.
    The implication @Biomega was making is that neither "hatebois" nor "positively-minded people" are a superior group, nor is either entirely representative of the majority. It's hard to parse from mere observation what really consists the majority, as well as if the majority is strictly right in their assumptions—it requires more than testimony to determine if this expansion will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Boring is good. I'll take that to enforced busywork that just leads to me not logging in at all. If I can play during the weekend and actually feel like I'm finished and log out... I view that as a positive. I can find something else to do. And I won't resent the game for disrespecting my time.
    Yeah this is how I am feeling as well. I am no econ major or game developer, but I can't understand why Blizzard cares how often and for how long we log in. I mean I pay the same money regardless of time spent in game, just let me get done what I want to in a short period of time so I can do the things in game that are fun, not chores.

I think it will be a decent expansion, about middle of the the road compared to all WoW expansions, and better than BFA/SL. Should be finally an alt friendly expansion, and professions could be really fun, if they pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Since the vast majority of people who have ever played WoW no longer do, the positive minded people are rather unrepresentative.
    Admittedly, a number of those may have left for reasons other than being disgruntled—they may have simply lost interest, found other interests, or simply became too busy to spend time on WoW. Plus, subscriber counts are difficult ways of parsing things because so many people use WoW Tokens now. However, you are right that it is hard to parse some information because many of the people left after so many years will be those who are in for the long ride, for better or worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Yeah this is how I am feeling as well. I am no econ major or game developer, but I can't understand why Blizzard cares how often and for how long we log in. I mean I pay the same money regardless of time spent in game, just let me get done what I want to in a short period of time so I can do the things in game that are fun, not chores.
    It's for engagement metrics, basically. It makes shareholders happy and convinces them that people are truly engrossed in the game, meaning that shareholders will want to pump more money in its direction to retain all those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Strange, because everyone i know that plays is very hyped/excited with all the info coming out.

Only MMO-Champ is the pinnalce of hatebois.
    Anecdotal evidence is not good evidence.

Ok. Enighten me then what was there to do back then that you cannot do now plus more?
    Is this your first day here? Look into any of the casual threads and you get those lists repeated ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's for engagement metrics, basically. It makes shareholders happy and convinces them that people are truly engrossed in the game, meaning that shareholders will want to pump more money in its direction to retain all those people.
    After these last expansions Blizzard could probably make a very simple presentation for their shareholders, showing how the engagement graph is not directly tied to the financial success of the game. That is, unless Blizzard has real data proving the contrary, in which case the perspectives on their game design are kind of bleak.

I have said before and continue to say that as long as Mythic Plus stays as a end game pillar providing similar power growth altho 6 item levels smaller without all the time and social requirements that guilds entail i will be more then happy. But i am also leery of how they may try to enforce professions to the gearing paradigm but if i am not forced or feel obligated to engage with it similar to how it is now then i again will have fun for 6 weeks to get KSM and then stop until the next season. And i already know MMO's are not for me anymore hence why i treat WoW similar to Diablo season or opening patch of FF14 or any other online game.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    No, I just want the systems we had in the past that allowed us to raidlog. No Artifact/Azerite powers, no Anima or other currencies to grind. You clear the raids, that's it, return next week.

And also want FAR less collectibles. Korthia and Zereth Mortis are insane, if you wanna collect everything, pets mounts etc, it's a full time job.
    I don't get it. These collectibles DO NOT AFFECT you in any way so WHY do you wish to have LESS of them? It doesn't do you any harm not having every collectible avaible but it would tremendously harm the game if there were too few.

Bottom line is: The thing you describe is an offline game. Limited time required to achieve a predetermined "100% clear", limited effort required since you won't gain any noteworthy improvement in how you can enjoy your game. No benefits, no competition, nothing.
    Just an irrelevant steam-like platinum achievement "thx for playing the game so much, you're very special like the other 40%" - it's just your very own, personal taste.

Only a very neglegible percentage of players come even CLOSE to achieving every possible achievement or collecting every single item available with or without FOMO.

I agree with the fact we need to get rid of borrowed powers or alternate power sources that mess up the impact the player itself has skill wise in some ways but the bigger picture is, which audience you want to cater to.

I also agree that content locked behind a time limit in the sense of FOMO of course can cause some frustration and isn't necessarily a good thing, it might feel or legitimately be "unfair" in a way that people who "can afford" to play twice as much as you benefit in terms of having the possibility to invest more effort and time into achieving whatever they want but - that is life. I've been there, I will never ever get a hall of fame achievement again since I decided to set my priorities differently back in BfA. I'm still trying to get that 0,1% season cutoff title every season but I won't have a mental breakdown over it if I fail. I still get cutting edge and if not - I'm okay with that.

It's all about your personal perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    After these last expansions Blizzard could probably make a very simple presentation for their shareholders, showing how the engagement graph is not directly tied to the financial success of the game. That is, unless Blizzard has real data proving the contrary, in which case the perspectives on their game design are kind of bleak.
    It's not quite that simple. Shareholders want to know that there's sustainability, and the more people seem "engaged", the more they feel secure in continuing to pump money in it without pulling out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    I don't get it. These collectibles DO NOT AFFECT you in any way so WHY do you wish to have LESS of them? It doesn't do you any harm not having every collectible avaible but it would tremendously harm the game if there were too few.

Bottom line is: The thing you describe is an offline game. Limited time required to achieve a predetermined "100% clear", limited effort required since you won't gain any noteworthy improvement in how you can enjoy your game. No benefits, no competition, nothing.
    Just an irrelevant steam-like platinum achievement "thx for playing the game so much, you're very special like the other 40%" - it's just your very own, personal taste.

Only a very neglegible percentage of players come even CLOSE to achieving every possible achievement or collecting every single item available with or without FOMO.

I agree with the fact we need to get rid of borrowed powers or alternate power sources that mess up the impact the player itself has skill wise in some ways but the bigger picture is, which audience you want to cater to.

I also agree that content locked behind a time limit in the sense of FOMO of course can cause some frustration and isn't necessarily a good thing, it might feel or legitimately be "unfair" in a way that people who "can afford" to play twice as much as you benefit in terms of having the possibility to invest more effort and time into achieving whatever they want but - that is life. I've been there, I will never ever get a hall of fame achievement again since I decided to set my priorities differently back in BfA. I'm still trying to get that 0,1% season cutoff title every season but I won't have a mental breakdown over it if I fail. I still get cutting edge and if not - I'm okay with that.

It's all about your personal perspective.

I wanna complete the game 100%, and the less stuff to collect, the better for me. I was almost 100% in Cataclysm (except for a few top rating arena achievements), and been trying to do it all. It does affect me, cause it's stressful and overwhelming when there are too many collectibles.

Also, I never understood just going for a few collectibles, you either don't care at all or go for 100%, only that makes sense :O
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I wanna complete the game 100%, and the less stuff to collect, the better for me. I was almost 100% in Cataclysm (except for a few top rating arena achievements), and been trying to do it all. It does affect me, cause it's stressful and overwhelming when there are too many collectibles.

Also, I never understood just going for a few collectibles, you either don't care at all or go for 100%, only that makes sense :O
    Or people just collect the things they think is cool/useful and dont care about the rest.

So you want there to be less things in the game for others because you have no self control and feel the need to try and complete it? Why not just have some accountability and adjust your goals to be more realistic?

Most ppl only collect the things they are interested in. Collecting things just for the sake of collecting them is definitely a thing, but you're in the minority.