Thread: World Revamp

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb World Revamp

Are there any hints from devs or things that have been datamined throughout the past few expansions which hint towards a revamp for Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor? Think after Dragonflight it would be amazing to see the entire game brought up to todays standards with the old zones placed in Caverns of Time. Also great time to give us a complete flight overhaul with the new physics and player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Are there any hints from devs or things that have been datamined throughout the past few expansions which hint towards a revamp for Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor? Think after Dragonflight it would be amazing to see the entire game brought up to todays standards with the old zones placed in Caverns of Time. Also great time to give us a complete flight overhaul with the new physics and player housing.
    The new stables in the capital cities are likely a cutesy hint at a revamp, as they seem to have no impact on DF. Maybe they will be built over the course of the expansion?

Also models like stone giants, Centaurs and Gnolls, who were among the last old world models needing a revamp, all suddenly getting updated is suspicious, as are the revamped boat and ship assets.

I think there is also a new Orc Burrow flightpath model that isn't in the alpha? As well as anither new human building. Both of which don't appear on the Dragon Isles (as well as all the new human buildings added to the files in SL)

Revamping EK + Kalimdor would be a huge task, I would rather have them create new big zones instead. And having to go to the Caverns of time for the old zones would feel super cluncky.

Very much hoping for player housing tho.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Revamping EK + Kalimdor would be a huge task, I would rather have them create new big zones instead. And having to go to the Caverns of time for the old zones would feel super cluncky.

Old world stories like the Scarlet Crusade, Turalyon and the House of Nobles, the Grimtotem and the Worgen/Forsaken/Gnomes reclaiming land are being built back up. How would you achieve these stories in new zones?

In my opinion, if they keep adding more zones.. the world is going to get too big, why not go back to old zones and make them more relevant and better looking.

Yeah, a time based cataclysm would be a perfect way to restore the old Cataclysm zones back to a normal status quo, fill them with cute little adventures, and then at the same time open them up through time rifts in which major calamities happen.

No need to pass through the Caverns of Time, that's an outdated system compared to Legion invasions.

Hmf...seems like I go back in time whenever I come into this forum. I could swear I've seen this thread before.
    Maybe it's just déjà vu...

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Which would mean your 2024 quality graphics player home would be really out of place among the 2004/2009 quality Vanilla/Cata zones.

Player Housing would go hand in hand with a Kalimdor/EK revamp for that very reason.

Why "revamp" the old world when blizzard wants you to purchase a level boost and skip past all of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    not this thread again. cataclysm taught blizzard a lesson, and that's a lesson that remains despite all the turnover they experience.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Which would mean your 2024 quality graphics player home would be really out of place among the 2004/2009 quality Vanilla/Cata zones.

Player Housing would go hand in hand with a Kalimdor/EK revamp for that very reason.
    Player housing could just as easily be added to the new end game neutral city.... Rather than old zones.

Or just put the player housing in Dalaran and continue floating it to the new place every time there is a new expansion... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Old world stories like the Scarlet Crusade, Turalyon and the House of Nobles, the Grimtotem and the Worgen/Forsaken/Gnomes reclaiming land are being built back up. How would you achieve these stories in new zones?
    Good points, some of these like the Scarlet Crusade could be handled in other zones, but some like the "reclaiming" lands obviously couldn't. In that case, I imagine that a revamp of one of two zones in an expansion would indeed be inetresting, but I still think that a full revamp would just be a waste of time, especially after the example of Cata.
    Also, I think that the best way would be to handle the "versionning of the zone" like they handled it right now : with bronze drakes in each zones.

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post

I always have imagined that wow would do player housing with an instanced house, so independant of the outside zone.
    MMO Champs :

I really hope they do it one day. One last time, mostly because of how so many zones vanilla zones are in never ending turmoil. Would be nice to see some stuff fixed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am always up for some juicy planet reorigination. There's no need to say it twice. They can retexture the old zones and make new capital cities.

I want them to atleast revamp old tree models. I want them especially to update the trees for feralas/Moonglade/zul'gurub and I think Ungoro. They all use the same models. They are close to some updated or newer zones and its an eye sore comparing the older zones to the newer ones.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-07-20 at 02:26 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

This game desperately needs a World Revamp, the building blocks of this franchise are rotting while we go to nowhere land to help hot psycho girls kill random cosmic Janitors that nobody cares about.

What made this franchise so popular?

Last edited by Luck4; 2022-07-20 at 02:07 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why "revamp" the old world when blizzard wants you to purchase a level boost and skip past all of it?
    If you buy a level boost in WOW that is purely a you problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Cataclysm taught blizzard a lesson, and that's a lesson that remains despite all the turnover they experience.
    It taught them to fear the vocal minority that's what it did. They wasted no time throwing the EK + Kalimdor revamps under the bus despite talking about how proud they were of it before and after the fact. It also slammed the door on on Outland, Northrend and other legacy content getting quest revamps. Timewalking Campaigns was their way of making legacy content not feel dated.

At the very least, EK + Kalimdor + Auzuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles + Eversong Woods/Ghostlands NEED to be overhauled Cataclysm style every few expansions. If not all at once then a few zones at a time per expansion.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    It taught them to fear the vocal minority that's what it did. They wasted no time throwing the EK + Kalimdor revamps under the bus despite talking about how proud they were of it before and after the fact. It also slammed the door on on Outland, Northrend and other legacy content getting quest revamps. Timewalking Campaigns was their way of making legacy content not feel dated.

At the very least, EK + Kalimdor + Auzuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles + Eversong Woods/Ghostlands NEED to be overhauled Cataclysm style every few expansions. If not all at once then a few zones at a time per expansion.
    no they don't. people wanting to alter the game for arbitrary reasons shall be reasoned.