Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10.1 We Will See Undergoud Azeroth

There is a new map with a string " Warning: This must be flagged as "in development" until 10.1" titled [Dragon Isles Underground] just like how we went to Argus in legion or the lands of the first ones in shadowlands.

I knew 10.1 will take place below Azeroth the first time I laid eyes upon the new datamined underground mushroom tree models.

With how Blizzard is trying to go for a more classic DnD xpack now, the underdark isn't too big of a reach. Notice how they named MoP as an inspiration for Dragonflight, shamelessly skipping the obvious Cataclysm references just because MoP had better reception from fans. I know Blizzard inside-out, Cataclysm 2.0 is shaping up too look nice.

- - - Updated - - -

10.0 will be Dragons in a n open-world dragon isles theme

10.1 will be Dungeons, in an open-world, very spacious albeit underground collection of zones akin to Deepholm

Dungeons n' Dragons
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-07-23 at 07:47 AM.

That sounds more like Blizz trolling dataminers, to be honest.

Wherever it is, I hope it's near the Dragon Islands and not halfway across Azeroth or in another galaxy.

While a safe bet, I'd hold off on being sure if only because you could've said "patch (number) will see (something)" in the past that didn't pan out.

Farahlon, anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Unsure about any underground area, but I'm still waiting to see if the in-game Dragon Isles actually has this old location from the WoW Vanilla Alpha art somewhere to be found:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unsure about any underground area, but I'm still waiting to see if the in-game Dragon Isles actually has this old location from the WoW Vanilla Alpha art somewhere to be found:

its shrine of storms from bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    its shrine of storms from bfa.
    Nah, the SoS is a bit more tentacular as opposed to nautiloid:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I’d be down for a huge cavernous area underground the isles suited to our new mounts, that’d be sick.

https://static.icy-veins.com/forum-f...anilla-wow.jpg
    It better be huge. And we'd better be able to go inside and explore it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I’d be down for a huge cavernous area underground the isles suited to our new mounts, that’d be sick.
    Yeah and a raidzone where you have to venture deep into a cave to kill big dragons.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as we are gonna deal with some nerubian/mantid looking aqir on the isles, it's likely we are gonna get an underground bug zone ala Ahn'kahet.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    That'd be awesome.

I'm here for the Dungeons and Dragons play that's fuckin great
    You just lost The Game

Unless they have this exact structure somewhere on the Dragon Isles map, it's safe to assume this concept art is never going to be used, it doesn't even fit with the art direction they are going for in DF. Sometimes concept art is just that, and doesn't get used. It was from prior to the game launch as is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That sounds more like Blizz trolling dataminers, to be honest.
    I see what you did there
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Spritz Bergak View Post
    There is a new map with a string " Warning: This must be flagged as "in development" until 10.1" titled [Dragon Isles Underground] just like how we went to Argus in legion or the lands of the first ones in shadowlands.

I knew 10.1 will take place below Azeroth the first time I laid eyes upon the new datamined underground mushroom tree models.

With how Blizzard is trying to go for a more classic DnD xpack now, the underdark isn't too big of a reach. Notice how they named MoP as an inspiration for Dragonflight, shamelessly skipping the obvious Cataclysm references just because MoP had better reception from fans. I know Blizzard inside-out, Cataclysm 2.0 is shaping up too look nice.

- - - Updated - - -

10.0 will be Dragons in a n open-world dragon isles theme

10.1 will be Dungeons, in an open-world, very spacious albeit underground collection of zones akin to Deepholm

Dungeons n' Dragons
    Not that I hate this idea or anything, but tbh this string seems too obvious of a troll for the dataminers, which Blizz does often add.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and there has been an unfinished 3d model of this building in the game files since alpha.
    It would be interesting if they went ahead and added this at some point. Looks to be old god/naga related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Unless they have this exact structure somewhere on the Dragon Isles map, it's safe to assume this concept art is never going to be used, it doesn't even fit with the art direction they are going for in DF. Sometimes concept art is just that, and doesn't get used. It was from prior to the game launch as is.
    Well, we've not really seen all the Dragon Isles just yet, and that won't stop them from creating new islands or regions whole-cloth like they did with IQD, IoT, or Korthia. It's just been in the key art gallery for so long it'd be a shame not to see it realized to some degree, even if it's only an easter egg type thing. There are partial renderings of it in the game files, as well, so there was definitely some work put in on it aside from just the concept art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah and there has been an unfinished 3d model of this building in the game files since alpha.
    It would be interesting if they went ahead and added this at some point. Looks to be old god/naga related.
    Even if it was just a ruin we could explore, I'd be happy enough. It's always cool to see stuff like that finally make it into the game to some degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I"d be down the the canned Nerubian zone mixed with more elementals. Sounds cool.

Also didn't GoldenYak do a underground concept at one point?

I don't know if we will see the nautilus structure revisited but I could definitely see them doing a nod to the originally concept by it being mentioned somewhere. Even if its just at the bottom of the sea or something.

I'd be very disappointed if another expansion-worthy concept ends up shown in a single patch.