Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I was under the impression that they got belts, shoulders, and tabards. Did that change at some point?
    I think Ion said "maybe at some point" at most.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, you may well be right. Even if true, that certainly doesn't change my perspective on the race. I want to see all my gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think Ion said "maybe at some point" at most.
    I found this post on Icy Veins that goes into it a bit more. It may not be enough to change perspectives on Dracthyr, but I figure if you're interested in how transmog works for them, it may be worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I found this post on Icy Veins that goes into it a bit more. It may not be enough to change perspectives on Dracthyr, but I figure if you're interested in how transmog works for them, it may be worth your time.
    Nice, 3d pieces always confused me because it shouldn't be an issue...glad to see it wasn't.
    Texture armor makes sense to me why it won't work.

Good news.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Almost every major dragon character in WoW has had a humanoid form. Why not the playable dragons?
    dracthys are not "real" dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Good news.
    Well, it's better than nothing.

I guess as long as I can be in visage form when out of combat, it's OK. The visage forms don't look particularly cool, just humans with scaly heads, but so long as you can see all the gear I'm OK with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either all playable races (With graphical differences) or nothing more than what they have. We have seen Dragons take on the form of a lot of options.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-07-23 at 02:07 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think the best choice for Visage would be for it to be fully useable in combat too, so whenever they use skills like Breath it would just temporarily turn them into dragons for the duration of the animation and then pop back into human form.

Much like how certain Demon Hunter abilities worked back in Legion.

That way we get a lot of choice.

You get the dragon form and that whole fantasy
    But you also get that whole dragon mage fantasy as well, I watched some gameplay of people fighting as the visage and it was really damn cool.

And with the dragon mage fantasy you'd also be able to see your transmog so I honestly think that is the best middle ground for all.

I'm pretty sure the Drachtyr required new tech to be implemented for character customization - we're likely going to see it into old races over time and likely new races added to visage form aswell.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No reason to think it's new tech, the barbershop customizations could simply be normal armor pieces that fit the dracthyr skeleton properly. This is a better solution than just dropping normal armor pieces that can only be used by dracthyr, as that would restrict them from using anything else in visage form. But of course we have no way to know either way.

Anyway, I'm happy they're allowing us to stick to visage form out of combat so I can see my gear. It's a shame that my character will basically look like a human in it, though, if the helm isn't hidden anyway.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If they can't make a visage of every race, then I'd rather get trolls instead of orcs, who are not even from azeroth
    I agree personally, especially after seeing the fan art. I was going with that set because they're the most iconic races but to be fair, even from a lore perspective Trolls make more sense. They are very likely the most populous race (across all the tribes/subraces), at least for the Horde side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I think the best choice for Visage would be for it to be fully useable in combat too, so whenever they use skills like Breath it would just temporarily turn them into dragons for the duration of the animation and then pop back into human form.

Much like how certain Demon Hunter abilities worked back in Legion.

That way we get a lot of choice.

You get the dragon form and that whole fantasy
    But you also get that whole dragon mage fantasy as well, I watched some gameplay of people fighting as the visage and it was really damn cool.

And with the dragon mage fantasy you'd also be able to see your transmog so I honestly think that is the best middle ground for all.
    I can vibe with this. As long as there are customization "non-options" as in you can have your Visage Form appear as a regular person, without the draconic features. That would lend itself to the strategic value of the ability.

I literally LOVE DRAG QUEENS and im a Drag Race fan since Season 1 but...I would prefer to take another visage form instead of the predetermined one...for me it's not that appealing and fun, not even with the "voldemort" noses

Azshara high troll option
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I agree personally, especially after seeing the fan art. I was going with that set because they're the most iconic races but to be fair, even from a lore perspective Trolls make more sense. They are very likely the most populous race (across all the tribes/subraces), at least for the Horde side.

- - - Updated - - -

I can vibe with this. As long as there are customization "non-options" as in you can have your Visage Form appear as a regular person, without the draconic features. That would lend itself to the strategic value of the ability.
    Yeah, letting people be normal races would be pretty cool too imo, and I imagine programming already existing races into the Dracthyr should be doable

My primary complaint about the visage forms come from the reusing the animations from blood elves and humans.
    Just changing their stance and some other basic animations would go a long way in making them feel distinct. If the visages didn't reek of these old races but instead felt more distinctive, people might be less irritated that they can't choose their visage form's race.

i never thought i wanted ebonhorn drakthyr but now i kinda want it. the troll one looks dope too these are well done edits.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just remove the head scales/give us normal blood elf and human skins for it and I'd happily make one.
    How about normal any race options, without the dragon-y extras? Since dragons can canonically take the Visage Form of any race.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How about normal any race options, without the dragon-y extras? Since dragons can canonically take the Visage Form of any race.
    I think they will end up making it so. Not necessarily on launch but at some point during the expansion. The logic of Drac'thyr, created by dragons to be soldiers, having the ability to take the form of mortals like their creators, and dragons seemingly able taking the form of any mortal race, is too strong for Blizz to have a real argument against this suggestion. Other than laziness I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Blizzard is never going to give that level of customization to each race, and they’re never going to delete dracthyr racials. It would pretty much force every existing DE to race change in the next expansion, and remove the existing visage forms which they worked pretty hard on.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-07-25 at 04:57 PM.

I think a quick, achievable compromise would be just adding some blue, purple, and green skin tones. While they would still be using the Blood Elf and Human base model, you could make your visage resemble Night Elves, Trolls, and Orcs with skin tone and perhaps a few additions to the faces.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Blizzard is never going to give that level of customization to each race, and they’re never going to delete dracthyr racials. It would pretty much force every existing DE to race change in the next expansion, and remove the existing visage forms which they worked pretty hard on.
    Who said anything about the extra customization? Literally just make the Visage Form the other races, without any extra customizations. That's it. You can keep the ones that are already there as special snowflakes. Just let me be more than Belf Male and Human Female.