10+ Year Old Account
    Well I cited FOX News, that means I get to cite CNN.

"But FOX News turned on Trump!"

I know! It's hilarious! But the rule stands.

Latest moves suggest DOJ investigation of 2020 election is looking at conduct directly related to Trump and his closest allies

The move by the Justice Department to bring two top aides to former Vice President Mike Pence in front of a federal grand jury is the most aggressive public step taken yet by prosecutors investigating the plots to subvert the 2020 election.

It signals that the Department's probe has reached inside Trump's White House and that investigators are looking at conduct directly related to Trump's and his closest allies' efforts to overturn his election defeat.

Former Pence chief of staff Marc Short testified in front of a grand jury in DC on Friday, CNN has confirmed. Fellow Pence aide Greg Jacob testified in recent weeks as well, CNN has learned from a source close to the investigation.

The questions to Jacob and Short included a focus on the fake elector scheme and the role of Trump lawyers John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani, the source said.

Short confirmed to CNN's Erin Burnett Monday night he complied with a grand jury subpoena but declined to discuss any details about his appearance. Short previously sat for a deposition in the House investigation.

Short's and Jacob's accounts were among the evidence that a federal judge in California cited in concluding that Trump and his allies may have been planning a crime in their plot to disrupt the transfer of presidential power.

How to approach Trump in the January 6 investigation has been a delicate question for the Justice Department. The department has faced immense pressure from lawmakers, former prosecutors and others to focus on the ringleaders of the 2020 election reversal gambits. But any investigation of a former president raises a host of highly sensitive and potentially explosive political and legal questions.

That Pence's inner circle is now being compelled to cooperate in the probe suggests that at least some of those obstacles have been cleared.

Last week, Attorney General Merrick Garland was visibly frustrated when a reporter grilled him about the possibility that the former president would be charged, as the former judge repeated vague assertions that, "No person is above the law in this country."
    Opinions in these threads have differed, the most common three being
    1) Garland is doing nothing.
    2) Garland is making an airtight case that has the best chance of one-shotting Trump.
    3) MAGA FORTYFIVE EARTH IS FLAT! BUT HER PIZZAGATE!

Obviously Trump isn't charged until he's charged, but, it does look like we're seeing Trump more and more isolated. We have a bunch of his most trusted people admitting in texts and emails that they knew what they were doing was illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This is a comment on an NYT article.
    Heavily related, as CNN calls this out: Top Pence Aides Testify to Grand Jury in Jan. 6 Investigation

I cannot imagine that any Pence aide (a) wanted Pence to die or (b) has much of a problem ratting out Trump for trying to murder them. Well, not behind closed doors at least.

The appearances before the grand jury of the men — Marc Short, who was Mr. Pence’s chief of staff, and Greg Jacob, who was his counsel — were the latest indication that the Justice Department’s criminal investigation into the events surrounding and preceding the riot is intensifying after weeks of growing questions about the urgency the department has put on examining Trump’s potential criminal liability.

The testimony of the two Pence aides marked the first time it has become publicly known that figures with firsthand knowledge of what took place inside the White House in the tumultuous days before the attack have cooperated with federal prosecutors.

Both Mr. Short and Mr. Jacob played important roles in describing to a House select committee conducting a parallel investigation of the Capitol attack how Mr. Trump, working with allies like the lawyer John Eastman, mounted a campaign to pressure Mr. Pence into disrupting the normal counting of Electoral College votes on Jan. 6, 2021, as part of an effort to keep Mr. Trump in office.

Mr. Short’s testimony was confirmed by two people familiar with it, as was Mr. Jacob’s.
    Yeah, we've been talking a lot about the Jan 6th panel. Well, I have, and I'm projecting. This is grand jury testimony -- just a reminder, that's under oath, anyone who wants to contradict it either takes the stand or can be summarily handwaved.

It remains unclear precisely what Mr. Short and Mr. Jacob told the grand jury or what questions prosecutors may have asked them. But both previously gave recorded and transcribed interviews to the House committee, and Mr. Jacob served as a live witness at one of the panel’s public hearings that focused on the effort to strong-arm Mr. Pence.

Mr. Short and Mr. Jacob were present in the Oval Office for a meeting on Jan. 4, 2021, at which Mr. Trump had Mr. Eastman try to persuade Mr. Pence that he could delay or block congressional certification of Mr. Trump’s Electoral College defeat.
    Bolded for "I just posted ad Breccium on Jan 4th".

The NYTimes goes on to mention other grand jury issues, for example, Giuliani was subpoena'd and federal agents, man I love this so much, stopped Eastman outside a motherfucking restaurant and fucking seized his phone on the spot.

Grand juries can't convict, and if there's no evidence there's no evidence. I...don't forsee that as realistic, but it's possible. But this is an actual criminal proceeding that, yes just started, but has started.

Run, you cockroaches, run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, I heard you got paid in the crypto Luna.
    Yeah, lost a lot on that one.

Artist's rendition of Luna in the last week.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...th-sot-vpx.cnn

Per his own words, Josh Hawley regrets nothing he did on January 6.

He proudly ran like a little bitch when the mob he helped whip into a frenzy attacked the Capitol.

Brave Sir Hawley, indeed.

What does it say about the character of the people that attended the January 6 event, when they were turned in by their neighbors, friends, ex and current wives, children, and church prayer group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another Trump insurrectionist pleads guilty.

I didn't think pepper spraying a cop was worth only 6 months in prison, but there you are.

Nothing to see here. <thread>

"Meadows burned papers after meeting with Scott Perry, Jan. 6 panel told"

The thread gives a recount of the cover up from no White House photographer to .

Nothing to see here, just destroying government property and covering up an insurrection.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Nothing to see here. <thread>

"Meadows burned papers after meeting with Scott Perry, Jan. 6 panel told"

The thread gives a recount of the cover up from no White House photographer to .

Nothing to see here, just destroying government property and covering up an insurrection.
    And to add on - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-lea...-also-missing/

The early January 2021 text messages of two top homeland security officials under the Trump administration are missing, according to reports by the Project on Government Oversight (POGO), a nonpartisan independent watchdog, and The Washington Post.

Messages between Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli, the department's top officials at the time, were lost "in a 'reset' of their government phones upon leaving office, the newspaper said, citing a notification by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to the agency's inspector general, in late February 2022.

According to the reports, DHS' office of the department's undersecretary of management also informed the inspector general's office that text messages for Undersecretary Randolph "Tex" Alles, the office's boss and the former Secret Service director, were no longer available.
    Curious how these "resets" delete records that, last I recall, are supposed to be preserved?

"Not all federal records have to be preserved permanently, but when they're created by leaders of agencies that pertain to government business, those are more likely to be the kinds of records you'd want to preserve for longer periods of time, potentially permanently," Nick Schwellenbach, POGO Senior Investigator, who co-authored the report, told CBS News. "On its face, there's a Federal Records Act violation even if there was no malicious intent here whatsoever. And the Department of Homeland Security really needs to get its act together in terms of its compliance with the Federal Records Act."

Exclusive: DHS inspector general knew of missing Secret Service texts months earlier than previously known

The embattled inspector general for the Department of Homeland Security first learned of missing Secret Service text messages in May 2021 – months earlier than previously known and more than a year before he alerted the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, that potentially crucial information may have been erased, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.
    So over a year this person knew. You would think this might have been important. Sure no way of giving Cuffari here and had of USSS a pass. Criminal coverup and I hope they are punished. Umm, Cuffari is still IG btw. In typical Dem style this dude will remain in his job for some time or will be able to resign. Better yet, hired by some corporation for nice six to seven figure salary.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

New: Top officials at the DHS inspector general’s office interfered with efforts to recover erased Secret Service texts from the time of the Capitol attack and then attempted to cover up their actions, two House committees say

Full Article:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...use-committees

The projection is always here. Trump and Co. cried about deep state and now we see that thru USS and now DHS there is a deep state. It's Trump.

I read one reply which I'm wondering. Will enough people actually commit enough cover up crimes to shield Trump. Much has come out on the Jan 6th Committee and what we already knew. I just hope we have not lost the "smoking gun" with these texts or other evidence.

New: Top officials at the DHS inspector general’s office interfered with efforts to recover erased Secret Service texts from the time of the Capitol attack and then attempted to cover up their actions, two House committees say

Full Article:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...use-committees

The projection is always here. Trump and Co. cried about deep state and now we see that thru USS and now DHS there is a deep state. It's Trump.

I read one reply which I'm wondering. Will enough people actually commit enough cover up crimes to shield Trump. Much has come out on the Jan 6th Committee and what we already knew. I just hope we have not lost the "smoking gun" with these texts or other evidence.
    LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

Am I doing it right?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-phones-wiped/

The Pentagon erased a potential trove of material related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol from the phones of senior defense officials in the Trump administration, according to legal filings.

Court records published on the website of the watchdog group American Oversight indicate that the Pentagon “wiped” the government-issued phones of senior Defense Department and Army officials who were in charge of mobilizing the National Guard to respond to the Capitol attack, including then-acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller and then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy. The erasing apparently was done in keeping with Defense Department and Army policy for departing employees, according to filings that state: “the text messages were not preserved.”

The admission comes as a blow not just to American Oversight’s efforts to unearth critical communications regarding the attack, but also to the House’s Jan. 6 special committee, which had asked Pentagon leaders to preserve and share all documents related to the riot. It also makes the Defense Department the latest known part of the federal government, including the Secret Service and other parts of the Department of Homeland Security, to have deleted records that could have helped investigators piece together what happened on Jan. 6 — and the degree to which President Donald Trump was responsible for delays in responding.

“From the reporting about the Secret Service and the senior DHS officials, it becomes pretty clear that this is not just a DOD problem, not just an Army problem, but multiagency,” said Dara Silvestre, a spokeswoman for American Oversight.

On Tuesday, the group’s executive director, Heather Sawyer, appealed in a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland to open an investigation into “DOD’s failure to preserve the text messages of several high-ranking officials on or surrounding the day of the Jan. 6 attack.”

“The apparent deletion of records from Jan. 6 by multiple agencies bolsters the need for a cross-agency investigation into the possible destruction of federal records,” the letter continued.

Last week, Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) sent a similar request to Garland, asking him to investigate the missing text messages from the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security.

A spokeswoman for the Justice Department declined to comment. A spokeswoman for the Army said: “It is our policy not to comment on ongoing litigation.”

A defense official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said the deletions were just standard “process.”

“Nobody was trying to hide or conceal anything,” the official said. “That would be a false narrative.”

American Oversight’s case began as a series of Freedom of Information Act requests, filed with various government agencies less than a week after rioters inspired by Trump attacked the Capitol to try to prevent President Biden from being declared the winner of the 2020 election. Among the documents that were sought were text and Signal messages, Silvestre said. The deletions appear to have been conducted after the FOIA requests were filed.

The Defense Department has produced a handful of heavily redacted emails, but no phone communications, according to the group.

The Pentagon’s admission that it had wiped the phones was included as part of a joint status report filed in March, but only publicized by American Oversight on Tuesday. Silvestre said that in the intervening months, the group has been trying to work with the agencies “to try to get them to release as much as possible,” as there are some phone records that are believed to have been preserved.

The suit is not only seeking records from former senior figures such as Miller and McCarthy. It also has asked for the phone communications of Gen. James McConville, the Army chief of staff, and Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, director of the Army staff, who still work at the Pentagon and whose texts and secure messages should not have been deleted. According to court records, the Army began a search for those records last September, and another court filing updating the status of that search is expected next month.
    I'm no natural conspiracy theorist or nut or anything but...like...this is too many coincidences and is starting to feel like a bit of a conspiracy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Another murderous insurrectionist just got sentenced.

"Let me gues, a few months?"

Seven years.

A federal judge on Monday sentenced Guy Wesley Reffitt, the first defendant to go on trial in the Justice Department’s sprawling criminal inquiry into the Jan. 6 attack, to more than seven years in prison, the longest sentence to date in a case stemming from the Capitol riot.

After a six-hour hearing, Judge Dabney L. Friedrich handed down a sentence at the low end of the guideline range. She noted that was still significantly longer than any given so far to any of the more than 800 people arrested in connection with the riot, many of whom have struck plea bargains.

Prosecutors had asked that Mr. Reffitt be given 15 years after adding a sentencing enhancement used in cases of domestic terrorism. But Judge Friedrich rejected those terms, sentencing him to seven years and three months in prison with three years of probation, and ordering him to pay $2,000 in restitution and receive mental health treatment.
    Yeah, that bolded. We're seeing rulings now that say "If you thought Trump won the election, you're literally insane and need professional help".

Now the Pentagon has deleted texts from January 6th.

The One Big Thing I get from here is if there is a safety measures to President firing officials then appointing jack-booted thugs to replace them leading up to an election or inauguration. Thus skipping Senate confirmations.

Any credit or excuse I can give to these organizations is a few bad actors doing this. Still devastating as we see, but could be worse.

Now the Pentagon has deleted texts from January 6th.

The One Big Thing I get from here is if there is a safety measures to President firing officials then appointing jack-booted thugs to replace them leading up to an election or inauguration. Thus skipping Senate confirmations.

Any credit or excuse I can give to these organizations is a few bad actors doing this. Still devastating as we see, but could be worse.
    I'm beginning to think that maybe the "DEEP STATE" is real or something. Just you know, not the one we've been hearing about so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm beginning to think that maybe the "DEEP STATE" is real or something. Just you know, not the one we've been hearing about so much.
    Just the typical projection?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Another murderous insurrectionist just got sentenced.

"Let me gues, a few months?"

Seven years.

Yeah, that bolded. We're seeing rulings now that say "If you thought Trump won the election, you're literally insane and need professional help".
    Wait, this guy didn’t assault officers or go inside the Capitol and got 7 years? Gotta be some context missing. They don’t even give effing rapists 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Wait, this guy didn’t assault officers or go inside the Capitol and got 7 years? Gotta be some context missing. They don’t even give effing rapists 7 years.
    Well, he broke DC's very strict gun laws by bringing a gun to the capitol, and then threatened to KILL his CHILDREN if they ratted him out. 7 years seems kind of light to me.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Well, he broke DC's very strict gun laws by bringing a gun to the capitol, and then threatened to KILL his CHILDREN if they ratted him out. 7 years seems kind of light to me.
    Yea..fuck that guy. He got off light.

I mean, first off you could like...read the article for context.

Second off, you're wrong - https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...Abuse_FY18.pdf

The average sentence for offenders convicted of rape was 178 months:
    ♦ 19.1% of these offenders were convicted of an offense carrying a mandatory minimum penalty; their average sentence was 318 months. The average sentence without a mandatory minimum was 145 months.
    Average with and without mandatory minimums is over 10 years.

Not sure where you made up that bit of info, or why, but you're wrong.

Calling it now: Maximus ate all the backups and now that he's dead there's just nothing they can do to recover the texts and all accountability rests squarely on Maximus, no actual human beings.

He brought a gun and actively was telling others that he wanted to harm multiple representatives including McConnell and Pelosi. The moment you bring a gun somewhere and commit a crime, you generally get a harsher sentence.