Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1556007614135148544

"Ladies and gentlemen, We Are All Domestic Terrorists"

So...this is a really weird attempt to "reclaim" a phrase by Republicans. Or like...should we just call the FBI and tell them about this so they can arrest everyone who agreed that yes, they are a domestic terrorist?
    "Proud Deplorables" 2.0
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...the last Yelp review was from April. And glassdoor.com (?) says they have 1 to 50 employees. But I'm calling bullshit on a Trump destination not having at least a dozen people onhand at all times, plus tourists with cameras.

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1556...KEQCOBl-V3mChA

Found that tourist with the camera. Probably a local but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Found that tourist with the camera. Probably a local but still.
    Well, asked and answered.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

And being disqualified from ever holding public office again.

huh, I thought we were supposed to "Back the Blue." Or does it only count when the police are local and not feds?

"If this black man former president didn't commit any crimes, why is law enforcement filling him with bullets raiding his home? Checkmate leftists Republicans."

Also, I don't know if anyone posted this today, because of all of the posts about the FBI raid, but Paul Manafort admitted today that he did give internal polling data to the Russians. I had it as Republicans but meant Russians, basically the same fucking thing anymore. Republicans=Russians.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2140727.html
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-russian-agent

So proof of Russian collusion? I have been saying this for years that the Trump campaign/administration was colluding with Russia, even the Republican led Senate Intel committee report showed this was the case, but now this is him openly admitting he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If these chuds turn on DeSantis like they did Pence for 'not protecting Trump' then Clinton might as well run in 2024 just to rub it in
    Only if she runs as a Republican under the same MAGA slogan as Trump only to watch them lose their minds.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

No, they can't. Search warrants are highly specific. They could respond to a crime in progress, for example follow gunshots/screaming/blood, but if they are there looking for WH property and find dead Jimmy Hoffa they have to leave the skeleton.
    But unless everything is separate boxes neatly labeled "White House property", they'd have to evaluate documents separately. What if they find clues to other crimes while evaluating? Are they supposed to mindwipe?

Well, if they were declassified, I'm sure there was a well-kept record of that. If Trump's WH is known for nothing else, it's known for well-organized well-maintained records.
    Now why would someone need to flush declassified info? Must be because they were TOO declassified.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Trump is the special kind of idiot who'd put incriminating digital documents into his Recycle Bin and then not empty it, thinking that if it's in the bin, it's gone.
    He's the kind of guy who pays has people to see that done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Are they supposed to mindwipe?
    At this point we get into the nitty gritty. Horton v. California seems to be the most relevant SCOTUS case, in which it was more or less decided that law enforcement executing a search warrant have a right to be there, so evidence of other crimes laying around in plain sight is fair game. Horton v. California hasn't really been tested, not a huge suprirse, it's only 32 years old. But the main issue seems to be "if the cops know you stole shit, they already know that you committed the crime of stealing shit, so it makes sense to look for it". Trump wil 100% contest this with his own packed court. As we've seen, the judges Trump packed the courts with seem to have forgotten that they owe Trump anything. They're too busy stripping voting rights and abortion rights.

However, there are four issues that leap to my non-expert mine.

1) They were looking for documents, as in "boxful" as in paper. There's no reason for them to look on hard drives of computers or phones.
    2) If Trump put the evidence of multiple crimes he committed next to each other, it's reasonable to assume that law enforcement looking for one would find the other. This means, for example, if Trump has a bunch of documents about how he committed treason, and put them next to classified documents he just wanted to own/sell/wipe his ass with, then "they broke into my safe!" means nothing to the court.
    3) There's always the issue of the courtroom not being the problem. "We found all this evidence of Trump's treason," they might say, "would any reporters like a leaked copy?"
    4) And most importantly...for all we know, it's the same thing. It's possible the documents Trump took, were evidence that he committed treason. Remember the missing WH call log?

EDIT: No matter how this turns out, the lesson to be learned here is "if you don't want to be caught for stealing a car, don't run stop signs in it".

- - - Updated - - -

More on the topic:

This MSNBC video has an expert that says Trump's lawyers should be talking to Trump about jail time. Also, Graham is on record saying something like "no-one is above the law, but the law should be above politics". Okay. Let's review SCOTUS nominations for the last ten years. Because not only was law not above politics, but I'm pretty sure Graham was directly part of that.

Oh, and I've decided that my response to "the FBI has never opened a criminal investigation into a former President before!" will be "Well, yeah. Nixon stepped down and Ford pardoned him for his crimes. Trump never did that." Then to pause, look up and to the left, and say "Do you think Pence would have pardoned him? You know, after the 'hang Mike Pence!' chants? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered either way."

- - - Updated - - -

What's worse than being raided by the FBI? Being told you're raided by your disappointeing son.

In an interview with Hannity, Eric said he was the one who told Trump about the 30-ish FBI agents executing a warrant. Of course, the two agreed it was purely political. Then they talked about But Her Emails, I'm sure.

You know, they broke into a safe. He didn’t even have anything in the safe
    Um, how were they supposed to know the safe was empty? You could have just opened it when asked, especially if it was empty. Surely they shouldn't have taken the criminal suspect at their word. That's not how search warrants work.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you're wondering about the rest of Trump's children...okay you weren't but I needed a link...they're in NYC sitting for depositions.

You forgot NYState was gunning for them, didn't you? Yeah, kind of a lot's been happening, huh? Hard to keep all their crimes straight.

CNN reports that Don Jr. didn't take the 5th, which was probably the right move, because this is a civil investigation. Saying "I can't tell you that because I'm a criminal" is a dumb idea when you're only being sued. Trump himself is due to give his own deposition later this month.

Oh, and while this isn't them taking the stand...yet...you can't lie on those. That's still perjury.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-08-09 at 07:00 AM.

Oh, and I've decided that my response to "the FBI has never opened a criminal investigation into a former President before!" will be "Well, yeah. Nixon stepped down and Ford pardoned him for his crimes. Trump never did that." Then to pause, look up and to the left, and say "Do you think Pence would have pardoned him? You know, after the 'hang Mike Pence!' chants? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered either way."
    Even if it hadn't already been demonstrated to him time and again that he'd face no consequences for his bullshit, his narcissism alone would have probably prevented him from admitting his crimes, stepping down, and receiving a pardon.

But I do think a hypothetical President Pence would have granted him a pardon. He would have still been establishment GOP, and that means keeping the fanatics in his corner.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-08-09 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using government power to persecute political opponents is something we have seen many times from 3rd world Marxist dictatorships

But never before in America
    -- Sen. Rubio, Aug 8, 2022

Huh. I wonder if he said something a few years earlier about whoops found it. Right there on his own fucking site.

Hillary Clinton's actions have sent the worst message to the millions of hard-working federal employees who hold security clearances and are expected to go to great lengths to secure sensitive government information and abide by the rules. They don't take their oaths lightly, and we shouldn't expect any less of their leaders.
    -- Sen. Rubio, July 5, 2016

Wow. That aged poorly.

Wanna read the replies to that tweet? Or leave your own? See if you can figure out which one(s) were mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    his narcissism alone would have probably prevented him from admitting his crimes, stepping down, and receiving a pardon.
    I mean, I want to disagree with that...but...he didn't, so the evidence sides with you.

I wonder what it was that really kept him from doing this.
    1) The narcissism
    2) He knew Pence wouldn't do it
    3) He honestly didn't think he'd have to have consequences for his actions
    4) He honestly didn't think he'd done anything illegal, i.e. stupidity
    5) He honestly didn't think he'd done anything wrong, i.e. immoral
    6) He figured the GOP would have his back, in a year they control neither the House nor the Senate nor the WH.
    I mean, none of these are flattering.

- - - Updated - - -

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing
    -- SHS, also 2016

Man, so much stuff in 2016 to pull from.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s time for us in the Florida Legislature to call an emergency legislative session & amend our laws regarding federal agencies

Sever all ties with DOJ immediately

Any FBI agent conducting law enforcement functions outside the purview of our State should be arrested upon sight
    -- FL Rep. Anthony Sabatini

Hmm. You know you can't do that, right? That would literally require seceding from the United States. Actually you know what, go ahead.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-08-09 at 08:03 AM.

So, to anyone that actually thought the GoP might be turning away from Trump. How does it feel seeing them all rally behind him instantly when shit hits the fan?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So, to anyone that actually thought the GoP might be turning away from Trump. How does it feel seeing them all rally behind him instantly when shit hits the fan?
    This is all hot air about an investigation. We'll see how they really feel when charges are pressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Hmm. You know you can't do that, right? That would literally require seceding from the United States. Actually you know what, go ahead.
    Do you think they care? They aren't going to actually do anything, most of what these politicians do is theater. They say what people want to hear and not give a crap about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Also, I don't know if anyone posted this today, because of all of the posts about the FBI raid, but Paul Manafort admitted today that he did give internal polling data to the Russians. I had it as Republicans but meant Russians, basically the same fucking thing anymore. Republicans=Russians.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2140727.html
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-russian-agent

So proof of Russian collusion? I have been saying this for years that the Trump campaign/administration was colluding with Russia, even the Republican led Senate Intel committee report showed this was the case, but now this is him openly admitting he did it.
    We know Russia interfered in 2016. They have a counter investigation that they bring up constantly that made solely two arrests saying people lied to Mueller. One of those cases ended in acquittal, the other is pending for later this year. Compare that result 2 arrests to the number from Mueller.

And the Mueller report ended with that Russia helped the Trump campaign AND the Trump campaign knew Russia was involved. The problem is that particular law requires that the offended be aware what they did was illegal. It is one of the few laws were ignorance is a defense.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Do you think they care? They aren't going to actually do anything, most of what these politicians do is theater. They say what people want to hear and not give a crap about them.

- - - Updated - - -

We know Russia interfered in 2016. They have a counter investigation that they bring up constantly that made solely two arrests saying people lied to Mueller. One of those cases ended in acquittal, the other is pending for later this year. Compare that result 2 arrests to the number from Mueller.

And the Mueller report ended with that Russia helped the Trump campaign AND the Trump campaign knew Russia was involved. The problem is that particular law requires that the offended be aware what they did was illegal. It is one of the few laws were ignorance is a defense.
    There was also the Republican lead Senate Intelligence committee investigation which went further in saying Russia interfered then Mueller.
    It just never got the press coverage that Mueller did.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all hot air about an investigation. We'll see how they really feel when charges are pressed.
    The GOP isn't going to get rid of their voters support for Trump if they keep publicly supporting him and decrying the investigations into Trump.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Nothing will change because these people don't live in reality, it's the deep state going after their guy if anything his popularity and support will increase. The only thing that could take out Trump is being outed as gay, convicted criminal would still be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The GOP is very strategic. They'll only break from Trump if Trump base breaks. It's been their play to accept anyone who will vote for them since the Southern Strategy.

Ironically they didn't even want Trump. Remember when they had a massive political machine to suppress Trump. Someone gave him all the attention though. Terrible game plan that was.

Resident Cosplay Progressive