Page 8 of 179 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Are you surprised? The incels have a lot of trouble processing that everything isn’t being made for their creepy fantasies. The show is clearly directed at a female audience. Every woman I know that has watched it loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

You have implied more than a little bit that the primary purpose of female characters is to give you sexual thrills.
    Lol no I haven't.

I'm highly offended by this show. They should have cast an actual Green skinned person instead of using CGI to Greenface someone into the role.

#GreenLivesMatter

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    "Smart Hulk" is an abomination in which Bruce basically killed/completely suppressed his Hulk persona.
    I don't think that is what happened. Does this Smart Hulk really completely feel like Bruce Banner? Not really. He wasn't completely humorless as Banner, but the slapstick is a new trait. It looks childish. And who had the mind of a child? The Hulk.

I think what he describes as "putting the brain and brawn together" was more a merging of the two personalities, which allowed his body to reach a balanced existence where he can use the best of both worlds. He has all the brain power of Bruce, but also a good part of the childishness of Hulk. So he did not kill or surpress the personality, he just accepted it as a part of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I think what he describes as "putting the brain and brawn together" was more a merging of the two personalities, which allowed his body to reach a balanced existence where he can use the best of both worlds. He has all the brain power of Bruce, but also a good part of the childishness of Hulk. So he did not kill or surpress the personality, he just accepted it as a part of himself.
    That's always how it looked to me from the film, but I have no idea about what there is in comics etc. to supplement that particular persona (or how it came to be).

If there's more story to it, I suppose it's conceivable that it could be just another attempt at suppressing/erasing The Hulk, but it definitely didn't seem that way to me from just watching Endgame.

Are you surprised? The incels have a lot of trouble processing that everything isn’t being made for their creepy fantasies. The show is clearly directed at a female audience. Every woman I know that has watched it loved it.
    Of course women like watching a series that tells them that they are better then other genders simply because being a woman makes you better. That does not make this line any less sexist or any less disdainful for hardships that other genders go through throughout life. Surprise, women are not the only ones that can have a hard life.

I mean Bruce (depending on which canon we apply) was heavily abused as a kid, which lead to the creation of the split persona that manifested as the Hulk and Jen is whining about being cat called in the street as some terrible torment she had to endure... I am sure the life of a successful attractive woman is super hard, but still...

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course women like watching a series that tells them that they are better then other genders simply because being a woman makes you better.
    Literally not something the show ever tried to say. Stop bringing misogynistic culture-war nonsense into threads like this, thanks.

Honestly find She-Hulk as a Marvel character rather boring throughout the decades... despite that I'll give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm highly offended by this show. They should have cast an actual Green skinned person instead of using CGI to Greenface someone into the role.

#GreenLivesMatter
    Zug zug

It's a bit odd because she is obviously far better adjusted and way less psychologically damaged than Bruce. It's like she says one thing but clearly its the opposite.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Of course women like watching a series that tells them that they are better then other genders simply because being a woman makes you better. That does not make this line any less sexist or any less disdainful for hardships that other genders go through throughout life. Surprise, women are not the only ones that can have a hard life.

I mean Bruce (depending on which canon we apply) was heavily abused as a kid, which lead to the creation of the split persona that manifested as the Hulk and Jen is whining about being cat called in the street as some terrible torment she had to endure... I am sure the life of a successful attractive woman is super hard, but still...
    Which is something Jen doesn't necessarily know. Bruce never addressed his issues, which is part of the divided personality.

It wasn't a scene where "women have it worse" it is that women deal with this issue more often than men. If you deny that society reacts differently when a man gets angry vs when a woman does. It doesn't put down Bruce in anyway, it does not compare whose anger is more justified or worse. Just one deals with issues that can make them angry more often.

And literally in the scene, Bruce's position on training her is proven correct as she turns into She-hulk without intending too. And she both thanks and respects Bruce for helping her train to control her Hulkself.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's a bit odd because she is obviously far better adjusted and way less psychologically damaged than Bruce. It's like she says one thing but clearly its the opposite.
    in what way? she literally says point black to Bruce that they are different people and she doesn't have his issues. and then she acts like she doesn't have his issues.

also, sort of a random note, but I think people had impression that she just mastered physicality of things from the first try? and yet I distinctly remember her sarcastically going through the motions of yoga when they just start mindfulness practice, commenting something about how she thought it was to make her ass firm. suggesting that she does in fact do yoga regularly, just for its physical benefits rather then mental ones. which honestly? same. (and power yoga is a lot more physically demanding then people think)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-08-19 at 07:41 PM.

I don't think that is what happened. Does this Smart Hulk really completely feel like Bruce Banner? Not really. He wasn't completely humorless as Banner, but the slapstick is a new trait. It looks childish. And who had the mind of a child? The Hulk.

We'll just have to ask Hulk when he reemerges in time for World War Hulk. I'm sure he'll be thrilled by it and will in on way act out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    in what way? she literally says point black to Bruce that they are different people and she doesn't have his issues. and then she acts in the same way.
    She doesn't, though. Not after the literal first time she changed, and there, she says she was just overwhelmed by it all.

If you mean she has other issues, like insecurity, sure, but that hasn't come up yet. And it wasn't ever anything on par with Banner's predisposition to anger issues and his dissociative identity disorder, which predated the gamma accident. Going by comics; we literally don't have his full backstory in the MCU but he shows the same traumas so it's not a huge leap.

5+ Year Old Account
    So if it's male character of Marvel that is sexy in comic book then we cast:

to Statsify female fantasy, but when we cast female sexy characters we can take random not so attractive actress to once again statisfy female audience, does women got that jelly if they see sexy female comic book characters, so we need to make them look ugly and make sure husbands don't wank on fictional characters... as if it would stop them; conclusion to make every female character in marvel universe to be not sexy, anyway 70% of X-men already gay we can make it 100%, Magneto secretly in love with Charles that's why he disowned Wanda and Peitro. /s

"Charles, i swear these two NOT MY children, and that girl with magnetic powers just some cheap cosplayer"
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-08-19 at 07:48 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    in what way? she literally says point black to Bruce that they are different people and she doesn't have his issues. and then she acts like she doesn't have his issues.
    When she went on her rant about she can control her anger better because her mild experience as a woman compared to the mountain of trauma that has given Bruce split personalities.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    When she went on her rant about she can control her anger better because her mild experience as a woman compared to the mountain of trauma that has given Bruce split personalities.
    And? What point are you trying to make?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I mean, one of those was a literal party god, and the other was a scrawny nerd who was injected with a serum that turned him into a living Adonis.

Good choices to make your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll just have to ask Hulk when he reemerges in time for World War Hulk. I'm sure he'll be thrilled by it and will in on way act out.
    It will really depend on how they run it. There's a few really critical points to recall, though;

1> The original was right on the aftermath of Planet Hulk. They included some elements of that arc in Thor: Ragnarok, but critically, none of what fueled World War Hulk, specifically the wife and yet-unborn child.

2> The Hulk of Planet Hulk/World War Hulk isn't The Professor version the current "Smart Hulk" clearly takes after, but he's one of the most intelligent versions of Hulk that's existed other than Professor Hulk. The key difference is that it's Hulk, not Banner, but they probably have comparable intellect in this mode, albeit with a wildly different focus aimed at combat rather than science. And Hulk and Banner were also cooperating as they almost never did.

3> One of the reasons Worldbreaker Hulk is one of his strongest incarnations is because of his proficiency with meditation and his self-control. Banner used that to control his rage, and keep it tamped own. Worldbreaker Hulk uses the same control to intentionally elevate his rage.

I'd write this with like half the movie being Banner getting by with daily life, meeting a girl, falling in love, fast-forwarding through months of time as their relationship develops. Simultaneously, he starts having inner conversations with Hulk, who's shown back up and wants to talk things out, speaking in full sentences now and showing that he's at least reasonably intelligent. They come to some agreement about giving Hulk some "out time" as long as Hulk retains control, and right about then the Avengers, dealing with some new threat, get a little uncautious (like the time Wanda threw a car into a building by accident), and kill Banner's girlfriend, who Hulk really liked too. And Hulk just says to the grieving Banner "You're hurting, let me out and I'll handle this for both of us" and then he just goes absolutely fucking apeshit on the Avengers, because he's grieving as much as Bruce, but his method is rage, not sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She doesn't, though. Not after the literal first time she changed, and there, she says she was just overwhelmed by it all.

If you mean she has other issues, like insecurity, sure, but that hasn't come up yet. And it wasn't ever anything on par with Banner's predisposition to anger issues and his dissociative identity disorder, which predated the gamma accident. Going by comics; we literally don't have his full backstory in the MCU but he shows the same traumas so it's not a huge leap.
    She doesn't spell out his issues point blank, sure but she does quite literally tell him that they are different people so what he had to do is not necessarily what she has to do. both in terms of getting a handle on the Hulk AND in terms of their careers.

- - - Updated - - -

mild. right...

and he litteraly never had to learn how to control his anger prior to getting hulked. her "mild" experiences were the equivalent of those 10 years of training it took him, and she's been dealing with it her whole life.

and here is me, taking these "mild" experiences and using them to respond to you with relative politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

to Statsify female fantasy, but when we cast female sexy characters we can take random not so attractive actress to once again statisfy female audience[/I]
    Why are people acting like Tatiana Maslany is some uggo?

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Well, the issue of WWH was very different. It is very difficult to imagine it happening in the MCU without substantially more build up. Especially since the Illuminati are in a different universe (and very dead now).
    Besides, the whole point of WWH was that Banner WAS actually still in control and not the monster that the Illuminati made him to be, turning it into a revenge act of Dumb Hulk makes little sense.