10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to have my doubts on the "great coach" bit with how many QBs have come and gone under him. It's a badly run team to be sure, but he certainly is not blameless for none of them working out.
    /s

Surprised they fired him mid season. Hard to have an offense function with an o-line that terrible. They are the reason Bradley Chubb got the contract he just did and have gave up 35 sacks this year (and it probably should be higher).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the NFL clearly needed a new clown car franchise and found it in the Colts.

They're bringing in, not promoting, Jeff Saturday as their interim coach. This may be the one move to piss off Rooney Rule types and "they're just hiring the best guy" types. 0 coaching experience, 1 friendship with the owner.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Saturday as the interim coach boggles the mind.
    /s

Only reason Saturday would make any sense as Interim HC is trying to lose out and Irsay is canning everyone at the end of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems like a mean thing to do to the guy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It just seems like a mean thing to do to the guy.
    He's been an adviser to the team for a while now. I think they did to him exactly what he wanted them to do. He's no fool, and I'm pretty sure he's been in Irsay's ear about how much better things could be.

We'll see how things work out, but I think ol' Jeff is going to get a sharp does of reality before the season is done.

And at minimum the O-line play should improve under him. If he can;t get that done with his resume, he;s been a wasted hire. If he can get Quinton Nelson out of his funk and back to being an all pro guard though, that might be worth whatever the Colts are paying him to interim the rest of the season.

Cause the Colts desperately need more from their Oline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh at ESPN coverage cramming ads in everywhere and making us miss plays.
    /s

Can we bury this Dalton as the starter stuff already?

15+ Year Old Account
    That TD was worth leaving the game on. ran past a guy who literally stood there pointing because he was sure he’d gone out of bounds. Giving ravens flashbacks to all those impossible comebacks they’ve lost this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Saints show flashes of putting things together when they crushed the Raiders then play totally flat on Monday Night and get run all over by the Ravens, 27-13 and it wasn't even that close. I am tired of the Andy Dalton show, please turn it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to say Saints are definitely out now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That TD was worth leaving the game on. ran past a guy who literally stood there pointing because he was sure he’d gone out of bounds. Giving ravens flashbacks to all those impossible comebacks they’ve lost this year.
    If he pushed him and he was out of bounds he would get a penalty for unnecessary roughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think it's safe to say Saints are definitely out now.
    The hell are you talking about? The division leader is 4-5. Saints are 3-6 thus very much alive for winning the division and hosting a playoff game. The NFC South is not that good this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    If he pushed him and he was out of bounds he would get a penalty for unnecessary roughness.
    And that is not how that works either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The hell are you talking about? The division leader is 4-5. Saints are 3-6 thus very much alive for winning the division and hosting a playoff game. The NFC South is not that good this year.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is not how that works either...
    Can only see them win the Steelers, Panthers and maybe the Browns game and I think that isn't enough to win NFC South or get a wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have been pulled out of my darkness following that Bills loss by the Buffalo Sabres announcing their retro black and red goathead jerseys which they wore from 1996-2006 (IE "eschatological's nostalgic teenage/early 20s years").

On to the next one.
    Josh may have strained/sprained his UCL in his throwing elbow. Will know more tomorrow or Wednesday. I am retreating back to my dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Josh may have strained/sprained his UCL in his throwing elbow. Will know more tomorrow or Wednesday. I am retreating back to my dark place.
    Oh come on. The Bills can just lean on their stellar run game to carry the team.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Hoping the Ravens can continue their winning ways and maybe get top seed in the AFC

Bye next week then the Panthers at home

The bye will help players like Mark Andrews & JK Dobbins recover although Kenyan Drake at RB has been playing out of his skin.

15+ Year Old Account
    That bucs drive for the second td had some of the weirdest catches. The offense seems unrecognizable from the previous 2 years. Maybe that’s just because gronk is really big. But seriously I’ve never seen Brady throw balls that gave the receiver zero chance to get more yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the bucs do a direct snap to Fournette with Brady out wide. Fournette gets a couple yards, and the seahawks don't even cover Brady out wide. Several plays later they run the same play, and put Woolen on Brady. It went about as well as you can imagine.

The Bucs defense seems really good at bailing out their offense this year.