Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    it amuses me when people complain about McCarthyism that also think they see nazis everywhere.
    Its not hard to spot Nazi's when they charge the capitol looking to overturn the results of a legitimate election to instil their own leader as a dictator.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Even though the race is close and likely to go to a recount, Adam Frisch has conceded to Boebert already...

This seems suspicious to me, if he concedes doesn't that halt the entire process? And why concede when you are so close that it sparks an automatic recount?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
    Unless someone is afraid what a recount might reveal.

This seems suspicious to me, if he concedes doesn't that halt the entire process?
    I don't believe concessions have any practical impact on the counting of votes, and has no impact on the automatic recount. If he ends up winning after the recount I doubt his previous concession has any actual practical impact either.

This happened a couple of times now and it's funny and sad.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...oE2s30NZzdnI9w

Vid in Link

Few of these videos now show Lindsey Graham next to Herschel Walker and more or less speaking for Walker. I guess this is Ventriloquism? Idk if Lindsey has his hand up Walker's ass or not.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Idk if Lindsey has his hand up Walker's ass or not.
    Clearly not. If anything, it's Walker hand up Graham's as making him speak on his behalf.

But realistically it's just that Walker struggles to do words good and has consistently shown himself largely incapable of discussing policy even when reading off a script, so it helps doing interviews with someone that will just tell interviewers what you stand for and believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Clearly not. If anything, it's Walker hand up Graham's as making him speak on his behalf..
    Haha! Yeah I got that wrong.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    What would there even be to fear? You are implying he cheated so that he could end up losing the race but just close enough to get to an automatic recount, but conceded because it'd give away his master plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    The recount is automatic.

- - - Updated - - -

https://newrepublic.com/post/169001/...ck-down-anthem

And the Tom Petty estate is accusing the Kari Lake campaign of "stealing" the song "I won't back down" and using it for her campaign with permission.

Why do so many Republicans not seem to understand basic IP rights?

I don't believe concessions have any practical impact on the counting of votes, and has no impact on the automatic recount. If he ends up winning after the recount I doubt his previous concession has any actual practical impact either.
    I hope so, I was thinking that the concession part is actually a big part of it given how drawn out some things can get when the other doesn't concede.

Was thinking that once they concede, its kinda over at that point, they say they are out.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm going to miss Twitter. RIP!

Great news everyone, "America's Crime Crisis" (trademark Fox News) is over!

All it took was Election Day eliminating the perceived political benefit of talking about crime all the time, go figure.

Can surely make the argument that they were covering election news and only so much time. Look at that spike right before the election. Coincendence?
    Of course. Fox news always cries about crime close to elections, then drops off when it's irrelevant to their grip on power. All the more reason why Republicans are easily influenced fools who listen obediently to what they're told to believe.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Of course. Fox news always cries about crime close to elections, then drops off when it's irrelevant to their grip on power. All the more reason why Republicans are easily influenced fools who listen obediently to what they're told to believe.
    It was actually local media probably the worse perpetrator. @Smitezplix gave example of Albuquerque PD and I linked the possible effect of NYC media and the effect.

If you want to put on the tinfoil hat it seems media and especially the police around the US pushed this to influence votes.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-11-18 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    it amuses me when people complain about McCarthyism that also think they see nazis everywhere.
    Because we actually do, here you are right now.

This seems suspicious to me, if he concedes doesn't that halt the entire process?
    No. A concession is basically just a formality and has no legal or official standing in anything. There's actually been at least one case where someone conceded early, only for the final count to put him ahead. The only problem it caused was that it was really awkward for him. It's like how Trump refusing to concede didn't create any legal issues with the succession, it just made him a sore loser.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-11-19 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No. A concession is basically just a formality and has no legal or official standing in anything. There's actually been at least one case where someone conceded early, only for the final count to put him ahead. The only problem it caused was that it was really awkward for him. It's like how Trump refusing to concede didn't create any legal issues with the succession, it just made him a sore loser.
    Cool, glad to here it, hope he wins but at the same time, don't get why he would concede at this point, especially against someone like her with zero redeeming qualities outside of the bedroom. Like, why would you run against someone like this unless you wanted to replace her only to then get cold feet near the finish line?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Cool, glad to here it, hope he wins but at the same time, don't get why he would concede at this point, especially against someone like her with zero redeeming qualities outside of the bedroom. Like, why would you run against someone like this unless you wanted to replace her only to then get cold feet near the finish line?
    It's not getting cold feet, it's looking at the current total and accepting that he's probably not going to win. Yeah, it's really close, but it's still far enough apart that a recount is unlikely to change the result.

Has any of those cases ever lead to anything? Feels like it's not gonna stop unless the punishment is something like [number of attendees] x [price of the album the song is from], at least.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    The recount is automatic.

- - - Updated - - -

https://newrepublic.com/post/169001/...ck-down-anthem

And the Tom Petty estate is accusing the Kari Lake campaign of "stealing" the song "I won't back down" and using it for her campaign with permission.

Hey now, baby steps. At least the song she was using without permission was actually relevant to what she was trying to say, unlike oh, say, Trump playing "fortunate son" or "rockin' in the free word" without permission, in which the songs in question are 100,00% targeted against people like him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.indystar.com/story/opini...y/69612691007/

A political candidate riding in the tailwind of Donald Trump’s "Stop the Steal" movement appears to have lived in one county while voting in another — which would be a violation of an Indiana election law he's now running to uphold.

Republican secretary of state candidate Diego Morales maintained a primary residence in Marion County in 2018 while twice voting in Hendricks County registered to a temporary address, according to public records.
    Rofl, and once again Republicans are accusing Democrats of wrongdoing that they themselves are actually committing.

The lack of any self awareness from Republican candidates in general continues to be astounding.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maric...b0e771d9557a24

Maricopa County Supervisor Bill Gates has been moved to an “undisclosed” location for protection amid safety fears over blowback linked to losers in the midterm elections in Arizona, the local Fox News station reported Sunday.

Deputies from the county Sheriff’s Office have been assigned to guard him in the wake of increasingly disturbing criticism online and in person, according to Fox News 10 in Phoenix.

Gates confirmed to the station that he was moved “for his own safety,” Fox reported.

The Republican supervisor, the chair of the Maricopa County Elections Department, is a fierce defender of the integrity of the voting system and a harsh critic of knee-jerk complaints that the system is rigged.

There’s no evidence of any significant fraud in the elections. Losing gubernatorial Kari Lake (R), however, has refused to concede to Democratic winner Katie Hobbs, and is urging her supporters to “fight.”
    Oh boy, some Republican voters sure seem to be taking their parties meager gains very poorly.

Real though, this shit needs to be prosecuted fucking hard. There really should be enhanced charges for threatening the people who like, make this democracy work and shit.

Rofl, and once again Republicans are accusing Democrats of wrongdoing that they themselves are actually committing.

The lack of any self awareness from Republican candidates in general continues to be astounding.
    Nah, they're perfectly aware that it's only illegal with Democrats do it.

Republicans lost the midterms more than Democrats won them. Without Roe v. Wade, Republicans would have handily taken both chambers of Congress.