Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post

This image has almost 8k points on reddit and it was made just after Dracthyr were released. Famelic Lizards suck hard.
    Don't know about you but the Drakonid just screams melee in my eyes, doesn't look like the optimal design for an exclusively caster/healer race. If anything I'd rather the Dracthyr model be slightly shorter than the current iteration (like somewhere around Orc height) so they look less lanky. Enormous, fully roided upper bodies are completely unnecessary at least for the Evoker class imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Effort means being able to let a "new race" wear most if not all gear pieces.
    so either maghar are "higher" effort race than dracthyr or you are wrong... guess which i think is true

Effort means allowing it to be as many classes as befit the race and as many races as befit the class. You don't think they deliberately decided against all these things for reasons other than it being more work than they were prepared to do, right?
    you do realise dracthyrs do have a lot of animations for other classes in place, right?
    rest of the work would require much less effort than what they already put in, so no, its not low effort, its simply they dont want other races to be evokers and evokers to be other races, at least for now, but they are already preparing for it...

- - - Updated - - -

This image has almost 8k points on reddit and it was made just after Dracthyr were released. Famelic Lizards suck hard.
    in this instance, THANK GODS blizzard didnt give us what YOU wanted, i prefer dracthyr over draconid any time, especialy since they are CASTERS...
    also, one of many whining points is Dracthyr dont look like wow dragons, and here you go thinking something that have a goddamn NAGA HEAD is better... seriously, its naga head with horns on it...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-11-20 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Don't know about you but the Drakonid just screams melee in my eyes, doesn't look like the optimal design for an exclusively caster/healer race. If anything I'd rather the Dracthyr model be slightly shorter than the current iteration (like somewhere around Orc height) so they look less lanky. Enormous, fully roided upper bodies are completely unnecessary at least for the Evoker class imo.
    It's wow. Body size has no relation to magic. It's there to look cool, and it looks cool. Blizz probably gonna give them tanking spec anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so either maghar are "higher" effort race than dracthyr or you are wrong... guess which i think is true

you do realise dracthyrs do have a lot of animations for other classes in place, right?
    rest of the work would require much less effort than what they already put in, so no, its not low effort, its simply they dont want other races to be evokers and evokers to be other races, at least for now, but they are already preparing for it...

- - - Updated - - -

in this instance, THANK GODS blizzard didnt give us what YOU wanted, i prefer dracthyr over draconid any time, especialy since they are CASTERS...
    also, one of many whining points is Dracthyr dont look like wow dragons, and here you go thinking something that have a goddamn NAGA HEAD is better... seriously, its naga head with horns on it...
    More like THANKS SOYLENT. Dracthyr are designed to be beta boy bitches. What's naga about it? Tendrils? Nefarian has them. Fins? Onyxia has them. Drakonids look about ten times more draconic than Shitthyr. The head is not even close in shape to male naga.

Hmh... is the answer "I don't grasp nuance."?
    More like they want to use it as a selling point if the animations are there.

Literally the one and only thing stopping me from enjoying a Drac'thyr as a main is the idiotic decision with Visage form. I'd 1000% rather we have highly customizable Drac'thyr forms with a Worgen toggle into any of the other existing races. I truly cannot stand that they forced Blood Elf on Horde players interested in Demon Hunter... then did it AGAIN! Madness.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Literally the one and only thing stopping me from enjoying a Drac'thyr as a main is the idiotic decision with Visage form. I'd 1000% rather we have highly customizable Drac'thyr forms with a Worgen toggle into any of the other existing races. I truly cannot stand that they forced Blood Elf on Horde players interested in Demon Hunter... then did it AGAIN! Madness.
    They absolutely could’ve done this tbh by just making Evoker a class only. Having the “race” be the visage form or something.
    At least then they’d have a more viable excuse why their Dracthyr form doesn’t wear armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

One-class race and one-race class that practically can't wear gear. Sorry, but they're so low-effort it hurts, and slapping on a few alternate tail meshes and some body spikes doesn't change that.
    It kinda resembles cheap late-stage asia mmo design when they start to add classes that are race and gender locked because they can't be arsed to animate the others. Here it's not the animation, it's just that they can't be arsed to work on their clipping issues. I whish they would at least allow you to disable transmog in dragthyr form, because it clashes horrible in that form unless you limit yourself to some very few pieces that fit the barbershop ornaments. Looking at the first tier set already fills me with dread about what is to come here..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    They absolutely could’ve done this tbh by just making Evoker a class only. Having the “race” be the visage form or something.
    At least then they’d have a more viable excuse why their Dracthyr form doesn’t wear armor.
    Ebonhorn even gives you a whole speech about how your Visage form represents you, and how he changed into a Highmountain to live amongst the Tauren.

Then you just turn into an elfish human.

Like my DH, my voker is doomed to run old raids for eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    You do know you can stay in dragon form the entire time correct? You never have to enter visage form if you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you didn't get it. No amount of whining and complaining is going to turn the Dracthyr into those hideous Draknoids. Time to move along.

First off, "fametic lizards" was an amusing phrase to begin with, but it is rapidly losing its charm. Please extend your vocabulary and find a few different words to refer to the same concept. That is the line between cleverness and jargon.

Secondly, arguably, but I would frankly say that the design direction for the Drakonid is no better. The derpy, soft and colorful design remains. The face is practically identical. The only point of substantial difference is in the body shape, which doesn't do much on its own. The slender Dracthyr frame would work perfectly fine if only the proportions were more suitable to the rest of WoW's designs and the design language were altered.

It's wow. Body size has no relation to magic. It's there to look cool, and it looks cool. Blizz probably gonna give them tanking spec anyway.

More like THANKS SOYLENT. Dracthyr are designed to be beta boy bitches. What's naga about it? Tendrils? Nefarian has them. Fins? Onyxia has them. Drakonids look about ten times more draconic than Shitthyr. The head is not even close in shape to male naga.

On this Naga note. They said time and again that they didn't make Naga cause they couldn't get gear to work with them, in particular shoes and legs... then turn around and make Drakthyr with only shoulder and belt transmog. I can't even...
    The Naga got shafted.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-11-21 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    On this Naga note. They said time and again that they didn't make Naga cause they couldn't get gear them to work with gear, in particular shoes and legs... then turn around and make Drakthyr with only shoulder and belt transmog. I can't even...
    The Naga got shafted.
    Frankly, I just hope this does open up the possibility of getting Naga at some point. I legitimately do think that introducing a race that doesn't show most gear is potentially a very good thing. For a race, this seems pretty harmless and I really don't mind at all. I don't really mind for the Dracthyr, either, but I'd figure far more people would be more forgiving if it weren't a class and not just a race that could not display their gear.

The possibility of playable Naga whose gear is either highly limited or only manifests through character customization is perfectly fine to me. In fact, even among purely humanoid races, I do think that it could have been far better for Nightborne if they were given the option to wear gear that was part of their model rather than haphazardly slap on gear that is in no way aesthetically-consistent with their design.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You do know you can stay in dragon form the entire time correct? You never have to enter visage form if you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you didn't get it. No amount of whining and complaining is going to turn the Dracthyr into those hideous Draknoids. Time to move along.
    Maybe not but it mght get us playable Drakonids, and then fuck Lalathyr and their existence. I won't look back at those abominations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    First off, "fametic lizards" was an amusing phrase to begin with, but it is rapidly losing its charm. Please extend your vocabulary and find a few different words to refer to the same concept. That is the line between cleverness and jargon.

Secondly, arguably, but I would frankly say that the design direction for the Drakonid is no better. The derpy, soft and colorful design remains. The face is practically identical. The only point of substantial difference is in the body shape, which doesn't do much on its own. The slender Dracthyr frame would work perfectly fine if only the proportions were more suitable to the rest of WoW's designs and the design language were altered.
    Good. It should become its second name. Famelic Lizard by Blizzard.

Drakonids aren't soft. Their heads are rough and their jaws are filled with sharp jagged teeth. They look wowish enough. Playable, they would have more customization options to choose from anyway. By the way, fuck slender.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-11-21 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    I can't be the only person why thinks the Dracthyr model's animations look close to the female Worgen's, right?
    All digitigrades will move similarly, yes. Why would they not look similar?

- - - Updated - - -

I am probably alone in this but my biggest issue with the Dracthyr are not the Dracthyr themselves. It's the very poor choice of color combinations for their armors. If you exclude the Gold/Red combo, the rest of the combos are just not complementary.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Exactly. Having a buff race be a Caster would just be weird tbh.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Exactly. Having a buff race be a Caster would just be weird tbh.
    Draenei are buff as fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    It kinda resembles cheap late-stage asia mmo design when they start to add classes that are race and gender locked because they can't be arsed to animate the others. Here it's not the animation, it's just that they can't be arsed to work on their clipping issues. I whish they would at least allow you to disable transmog in dragthyr form, because it clashes horrible in that form unless you limit yourself to some very few pieces that fit the barbershop ornaments. Looking at the first tier set already fills me with dread about what is to come here..
    "When they add a race that is class locked."
    All races are class locked...
    Also wow has never and never will have gender locked classes.
    What the fuck you on about?

Especially since them locking it to just evoker has nothing to do with clipping... They want to limit it for now. And will open it later, this is already proven by the fact they recorded voice lines for the other classes for Dracthyr. But for now it's best to keep them together, open it to everyone right away and it's not as special, and then EVERYONE is one.

Right now it's "hey wanna play the new race? Gotta try out the new class!" This way people are encouraged to give it a try, maybe they will like it and main it.
    Later they can then give it to everyone, get those sweet race change buys, all while the massive influx of people trying out the evoker has worn off, so there is not an obscene amount running around, and evokers have had their time to feel special being the only Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Draenei are buff as fuck.
    They can be death knights paladins warriors monks rogues and shaman.
    Dracthyr can be... Evokers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    On this Naga note. They said time and again that they didn't make Naga cause they couldn't get gear them to work with gear, in particular shoes and legs... then turn around and make Drakthyr with only shoulder and belt transmog. I can't even...
    The Naga got shafted.
    They also did the same with mechagnomes. Boots, legs, gloves, all didn't work. Back then when they said that. It was a problem, but it hasn't been for awhile, if there is transmog issues they want it to be worth it. Or a way to circumvent it, like with the armor options for Dracthyr.

Naga will likely happen, with feet and legs disabled, but it will need to make sense in the story, they don't usually just add random races.

Also they have belt, shoulders, weapon, and tabard. And another factor being if they don't like the dragon form you can swap to visage and have full free reign.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-21 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dracthyr can be... Evokers.
    Dracthyr can be any number of classes. Playable dracthyr can be evokers.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what's super fun? So far, I have yet to encounter a buffed "body type 4" Dracthyr in the wild. All the ones I'm seeing are slim ones - looks like the overall community actually prefers them over what some people on this forum think would have been "better".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know what's super fun? So far, I have yet to encounter a buffed "body type 4" Dracthyr in the wild. All the ones I'm seeing are slim ones - looks like the overall community actually prefers them over what some people on this forum think would have been "better".
    Got the same impression - and I'm paying attention to all the Dracthyrs I meet, since they all look so wildly different For me, type 1 was too lean, but type 2 was perfect. Type 3 is acceptable and looks strong enough, 4 I don't care for at all.

Also, is it just me or are black (and then blue?) Dracthyrs most popular? Didn't see too many green ones (mine is green), but then again green makes more sence for Prevoker and healers are in the minority.