Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who knows, it looked cool in the moment so they did it.
    "Hey guys, the new tree is growing, now shut up."

I'm so glad Merithra gets to become the new aspect. Not that I disliked Ysera, I love her. And the green dragonflight has been my favourite since Wrath. Just that Merithra getting her time to shine is something that makes me happy.

Why did they put Ysera on the loading screen tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm so glad Merithra gets to become the new aspect. Not that I disliked Ysera, I love her. And the green dragonflight has been my favourite since Wrath. Just that Merithra getting her time to shine is something that makes me happy.

When did login screens mean anything?

I mean, they didn't, but also do? I guess it's showing important characters if anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, they do mean something, it is just not set in stone (my poor boy Krexus).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also confused on how they will get the seed back if it's planted and growing. Will the tree pop out of the dream somewhere?
    They'll just replant it.

Like its usually done with plants.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That's what I have in mind, too albeit reusing the Drac'Thyr area which I think does not look distinctive enough for its own patch (no Korthia 2.0 please ...) however one thing I'm slightly afraid of is Dragon fatigue if every end patch boss ends up being a dragon. I know the expansion is called Dragonflight and it makes sense for Dragons to have the stage... but I'm sensing something more à la Mists of Pandaria where things could take an unexpected turn?

Perhaps 10.1 is a Titan-inspired underground patch, 10.2 takes place in the Emerald Dream or advances the Elune storyline and 10.3 is our final big bad dragon? May it be Galakrond, Chromatus, Murozond or something else...
    I will be deeply confused if we don't get an Ulduar-style raid by the end of this expansion. The groundwork is there for it. Also, consider that the cloud drakes from Pandaria inspire a fifth unlockable dragon type. So I would expect something thematic to Pandaria or the cloud serpents for one of the patch cycles.

It's on wowhead as well if you look at the customization. It's called the Winding Siltherdrake. So maybe it doesn't have any sort of relation to the Cloud serpents. But either way, the 'cloud serpent' dragonflying mount with customization is coming. Take that as you will.
    Last edited by Kilrox; 2022-12-03 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They'll just replant it.

Like its usually done with plants.
    World trees do pose an engineering challenge. How do you replant something the size of a small mountain?

7+ Year Old Account
    World trees do pose an engineering challenge. How do you replant something the size of a small mountain?
    I'd imagine they'd replant it before it becomes mountain sized.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Because the loading screen is the biggest dragon alive (or existing, like Ysera) for each flight.

Merithra really needs a new model though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    It's called the Winding Siltherdrake. So maybe it doesn't have any sort of relation to the Cloud serpents. But either way, the 'cloud serpent' dragonflying mount with customization is coming. Take that as you will.
    Someone pointed out they resemble a kind of cave dragon from D&D, so they could be linked to the Underground.

Someone pointed out they resemble a kind of cave dragon from D&D, so they could be linked to the Underground.
    Yeah, deep dragons (also known as purple or drow dragons) have a shapeshift form into a winged snake which they use to crawl into narrow tunnels.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the loading screen is the biggest dragon alive (or existing, like Ysera) for each flight.

Merithra really needs a new model though.
    By biggest I guess you mean most recognizable?

I still wonder why they went with Kalecgos for the blue flight and not Tyri. Or really why they have forgotten Tyri exists. Heck when Kalecgos called for his flight I expected her and Haleh far before Senegos.

An underground region can easily have tight tunnel systems AND wide open spaces connected by ramparts AND plateaus that are only reachable by flying mount. Why do people constantly think in extremes, that it has to be one or the other.

I hope 10.1 will have megadungeon.

Valddraken needs a portal room. Having portals in random spots is inelegant and inefficient.

Add a floor transport pad in Seat of the Aspects, have it look like the Aspect banner with the white background and the gems in a circle. Have it port you to the massive tower across the stone bridge just off the Seat of the Aspects.

Have portals to SW/Orgm, Sword Silithus, Legion Dal, Shrines, Wyrmrest(which also gives quick access to WotLK Dal) and CoT.

Ruby Life Pools could use a mailbox up top. As could Orgm dock/skytower.

18 years, 9 expacs. Still 25 quests limit. 40 would be better, 50 would be perfect.

Add Merithra to Seat. Thats just insulting.
    She needs a unique model. Vanilla wow dragon models have runes on scales, why doesnt she, and at least give her a new colored druid outfit to wear, and green glow eyes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I hope the next patch introduces the slitherdrakes which were datamined. I was a bit bummed when I realised they did not make it live... those are the one I wanted the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I hope 10.1 will have megadungeon.
    The Underground may actually BE the megadungeon, but I hope it is a zone as well like Mechagon.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...ght-patch-101/

Also there was a moleman NPC in the first round of alpha, considering he doesnt appear yet I assume it may be for the second Dragonscale renown quest? Maybe a tease towards the next patch?

You don't suppose this is the new variant of Earthen, do you? (Just noticed the black scales, which is pretty telling this will likely be related to Neltharion)
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-12-03 at 10:34 PM.

The Underground may actually BE the megadungeon, but I hope it is a zone as well like Mechagon.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...ght-patch-101/

Also there was a moleman NPC in the first round of alpha, considering he doesnt appear yet I assume it may be for the second Dragonscale renown quest? Maybe a tease towards the next patch?
    Didn't the moleman concept also win an art contest from Blizzard or something?

Darkmoon Faire doesn't just give profession skill points, it also gives KNOWLEDGE

- - - Updated - - -

Ysera getting a new visage and dragon form again and Merithra getting stock forms very much suggests they were planning to just return Ysera as an Aspect and then saw the player response and pivoted. Ysera did not need either after all if she was just to come back to help Merithra become Aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    I will be deeply confused if we don't get an Ulduar-style raid by the end of this expansion. The groundwork is there for it. Also, consider that the cloud drakes from Pandaria inspire a fifth unlockable dragon type. So I would expect something thematic to Pandaria or the cloud serpents for one of the patch cycles.
    Halls of Infusion is a missed chance, that dungeon is visually stunning and could have very well been a raid. After Uldaman and Halls of Infusion I'm already kind of done with titan dungeons / raids for this expansion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ysera getting a new visage and dragon form again and Merithra getting stock forms very much suggests they were planning to just return Ysera as an Aspect and then saw the player response and pivoted. Ysera did not need either after all if she was just to come back to help Merithra become Aspect.
    Her new visage form is kinda underwhelming and goofy, she looks like discoung Winter Queen. And her eyes make her look like she's squinting. Her aspect form is amazing though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Halls of Infusion is a missed chance, that dungeon is visually stunning and could have very well been a raid. After Uldaman and Halls of Infusion I'm already kind of done with titan dungeons / raids for this expansion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Her new visage form is kinda underwhelming and goofy, she looks like discoung Winter Queen. And her eyes make her look like she's squinting. Her aspect form is amazing though.
    I will definitely take the more subdued look of Ysera over frankly overdesigned stuff like what Alexstrasza is wearing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!