Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the logic of soloing raids...just get a group of people of max level

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I don't get the logic of soloing raids...just get a group of people of max level
    Because I want to do it on my time and at my pace. I don't want to cater to someone else's schedule when I can just do it myself. Now if it's an achievement that can't be soloed then, yes, I will find a group. Otherwise I don't want to deal with the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    If I can get together a group of max level people whose company I can stand, I'm gonna be doing something other than brain-afking through old raids to collect cosmetics.

Cosmetics gathering's the kind of stuff you do at 3 AM when nobody's online but you can't sleep because you've lost control over your life.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Thanks for "brain-afk", I'm going to use that!

Hot take - everything except:

-Current normal, heroic, and mythic raids
    -Current mythic and mythic+ dungeons
    -World Bosses
    -PvP (obviously)

Should scale to the player count all the way down to 1 (and thus be soloable). This would make the story much more coherent for non-raiders and make the game more fun for solo players.

Soloing raids from 4 years ago shouldn't be hard, more like sightseeing if you are willing to invest the time. I don't get why they don't just give you an absurd DPS buff like old time raids before Legion.
    Last edited by Apatrida; 2022-12-08 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't see any opposition there; Blizzard clearly said content two expansions old should be soloable. So why aren't they? Couple of potential answers.

1) They deprioritized fixing older content because they don't listen to player feedback.
    2) They deprioritized fixing older content due to limited resources.
    3) They want to do it but failed due to a mix of COVID, the various harassment scandals causing heavy attrition in their leads, the Activision buyout, general resourcing, and/or incompetence.

My guess is a mix of all three.
    1)DF got released this week - they might be working on it. It is not the first time we are in this situation.
    2)DF got released this week - they might be working on it. It is not the first time we are in this situation.
    3)DF got released this week - they might be working on it. It is not the first time we are in this situation.

My guess is a combination of these.

Hope next expansion I can solo Legion raids and get mythic raid farming on BFA... So, when 15.0 hit I'll come back, lol

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    My guess is that I dunno.
    Insightful.‎‎‎‎‎
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Hope next expansion I can solo Legion raids and get mythic raid farming on BFA... So, when 15.0 hit I'll come back, lol
    You can easily clear mythic legion since 2 weeks before DF release. They gave the increased dmg buff. Easily ran through Argus some days before DF. With a lowly itemlvl auf 276.

People talk about the end bosses, but the guy before G'huun perma stuns you in like 10 seconds. Not soloable unless he can be killed in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    People talk about the end bosses, but the guy before G'huun perma stuns you in like 10 seconds. Not soloable unless he can be killed in that time frame.
    There is a mushroom you can stand on and jump to avoid the debuff from the orb. It's pretty easy to do after you get used to it, though it can be annoying because you will wipe if you make a mistake.

I think there are a few other ways to do this (DHs don't need to do the above and have an easier time).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    If you can’t solo Legion raids at level 70 then that’s a huge YOU problem

As for BfA raids, I think probably in a .5 patch they will address most of the issues with BfA raids. G’huun and N’Zoth are impossible due to mechanics and needing the cloak (not everyone has), then you have bosses that do MC like Il’gynoth; that needs to be changed. Rastakhan, Conclave, Opulence, Stormwall Blockade, Mekkatorque, Azshara, Skitra and Carapace will need mechanics tuning, some simple some less so. I’m sure I’ve missed some
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-12-04 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't see any opposition there; Blizzard clearly said content two expansions old should be soloable. So why aren't they? Couple of potential answers.
    Correction. Content two expansions old are soloable with effort. Which is currently BFA content, and is currently soloable with effort, ​some classes more than others... Content three expansions old (Legion) is what gets faceroll easy.

Legion was the exact same in Shadowlands, right up until DF release. Mythic was soloable, but it took a bit for some bosses, compared to HFC / BRF where bosses got 3 shot.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2022-12-04 at 06:05 PM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Correction. Content two expansions old are soloable with effort. Which is currently BFA content, and is currently soloable with effort, ​some classes more than others... Content three expansions old (Legion) is what gets faceroll easy.
    This. I remember farming ICC for the Invincible mount in MoP at level 90 and yeah you had to pay attention and do mechanics otherwise you’d fail. Admittedly I was a noob back then but it wasn’t faceroll content, I did it with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Zayele View Post
    There is a mushroom you can stand on and jump to avoid the debuff from the orb. It's pretty easy to do after you get used to it, though it can be annoying because you will wipe if you make a mistake.

I think there are a few other ways to do this (DHs don't need to do the above and have an easier time).
    Interesting. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Thanks for the correction. Can you link to where the devs actually said that?

(I doubt I'll get a link here, fellas.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You can easily clear mythic legion since 2 weeks before DF release. They gave the increased dmg buff. Easily ran through Argus some days before DF. With a lowly itemlvl auf 276.
    Blizzard scaling broke it. I was leveling an alt and notice boss and trash have more hp than before DF drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Always so silly you cant just solo all raids the next exp. Let people have fun...ALSO MYTHIC Ghuun ^^ It will never be solo or Nzoth
    they will probably change them like they done with other bosses you can't solo. like drake in siege of orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Or do we need to wait for launch and lvl 61+?

In particular, Dazar'alor for those sweet-looking sets.
    no. /thread. we dont have legacy buff for it and there are many bosses with mechanics that make it impossible to solo. you can not solo BoD

- - - Updated - - -

For BoD specifically, you wont be able to solo opulence bc the AoE ability will kill you and you cant do the gauntlet solo to get the buff, which is healer specific, to negate the mechanic. if you manage to somehow burn him fast enough solo which is unlikely, the next boss will perma stunlock you and you will not solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.