Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For me, DF leveling is among the best leveling experiences I've had in WoW in the last decade, if not the best. Pacing, content, biomes, atmosphere, lore... everything just ticks for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Also, open world is a joke, everything is narrow passes and caves.
    did you spend 15 seconds in the waking shore and then go "welp this is all there is."

- - - Updated - - -

Suramar is objectively an outright failure. Legion had LESS players than WoD. get those crappy "campaign" style questlines out of WoW. I keep saying that every xpac. they suck REALLLLLLLLLY bad.
    LOLOLOL what?
    show us a single fucking source on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god. I'm doing a quest called "stay a while" it involves sitting on a ledge with a dwarf and looking out across the landscape. i can't take it. i keep tabbing out and browsing the web instead because this quest is so boring. what the fock are they doing to wow leveling lol...
    you can literally fucking talk to him to skip it, and you dont need to do it, its a fucking optional quest bro.

do you not remember the vanilla quests where you had this, but you couldnt skip it, and you had to walk with them the entire time?
    Fucking khadgars assistant in TBC for example?

Also funny that you literally are still in waking shores, proving the point we all made, get the fuck over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, when i psyche myself up to play, i expect to fight, blow things up, run for my life, meet people. instead im sitting on a ledge with a dwarf npc alt tabbing looking for something fun to do on the web. yikes.
    man when i play tbc i expect to fight, blow up things, run for my life, meet people, instead of following a purple fart cloud for 10 minutes around a city.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Ion is a pretty logical dude, but comments like this make me wonder if he sometimes fantasizes about beating WoW forum posters with a shovel. I mean, who wouldn't?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    I managed to finish that quest. that quest almost single-handedly got me to quit.
    the fact you cried and complained about this optional quest so much, that you literally could have just clicked "get up" and skip, is fucking hilarious.

This is a wrong and bad opinion, levelling in DF better than it's ever been.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Random interactions with players are a great thing but have become basically non existent since every player is so strong that he does not need anyones help in questing.

The good old days of running into someone in westfall or STVale who may need some help (or is able to provide help) are long gone on retail, where you can 1vs20 every mob.
    Sounds like you havent played dragonflight, cause the last week and a half have been nothing but that, flying around running into tons of other players and working togetrher to kill a rare, fight an elite, or complete a hunt or event, that you could either not do solo, or could do solo but woudl take an obscene amount of time to do so.

The OP has 10 thousand posts on a forum website for the game he hates. TEN THOUSAND HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Get a life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Sounds like you should've quit then, if just a singular quest that takes you less than two minutes to finish affects you that much. I mean, seriously, did it really take you twenty five minutes to finish a small two-minute quest?
    nevermind the fact you can complete it in 5 seconds by just getting up and leaving, you only need to stay and listen if you want to continue the chain.
    but if you start it and go "ok nah" and wanna leave you can just get up and it will complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    World pvp is absolute garbage and i have no interest in it.
    Congrats on being the cause of your own problems then i suppose.

I mean this is like not wanting to turn on harder-ish mode in a game you complain about being too easy.

Or is this just about nobody wanting to play with you?
    I swear at least four fifths of the complaints about solo play come from people which you can imagine would be avoided by most people in practice.
    Not necessarily you, but you do sorta give that vibe already.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I enjoy how people like this use "objectively" like it's a magic word that will give their opinion they completely pulled out of their ass more credibility.

What would your suggestion be to fix questing?
    Internally I've always translated 'objectively' into 'I concede that I have no legitimate point but want to whine anyway' unless it's the rare instances in which 'objectively' is actually used correctly.

It reminds me of the change 'literally' went through in the late 00's and early 10's where it shifted from meaning something like 'exact' to informally providing emphasis without adding meaning. Seems like 'objectively' is becoming the new 'literally', something used for emphasis not actually being used as a word with its definition intact.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...gonna say find it cathartic that a person pineing for the old days decided the last straw was a quest about an old man pineing for the old days
    He's just fishing for attention and enjoying creating drama.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Congrats on being the cause of your own problems then i suppose.
    I mean this is like not wanting to turn on harder-ish mode in a game you complain about being too easy.
    Or is this just about nobody wanting to play with you?
    I swear at least four fifths of the complaints about solo play come from people which you can imagine would be avoided by most people in practice.
    Not necessarily you, but you do sorta give that vibe already.
    Not sure what you are not understanding.
    I do not like world PVP.
    I play WoW for the PvE and do not want to do PVP while in the outdoor world.
    I want more challenging PVE content in the outdoor world.
    Enabling PVP will do nothing positive for me, actually quite the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was great in particular because of Dragonriding. Zones were excellent as well.

I'll admit, I was not a huge fan of the whole horse people and walrus people crap, but otherwise it was pretty good. Not as good as let's say Legion or BFA (chiefly because centaur and tuskarr are pretty bland, imo), but still pretty good.

Here I was thinking this was one of the best leveling experiences in a long time. It was a short, easy, campaign basically got you to 70 on it's own. Linear, which is great when you want to also level up alts. It gave you the major plot points to start the expansion in a relaxing fashion. This is MUCH better than the last few expansions. I don't mind grinding if there's a point to it, but I hate leveling being dragged out just because.

I think you zoned in, played for 15 mins, then got pissy and logged off just to post this. You clearly haven't played anything outside of the first few mins of the game, as no area looks like that outside of the very first part of the expansion. It's like watching the opening credits of a moving and walking out, then writing a review. Stop being a dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...gonna say find it cathartic that a person pineing for the old days decided the last straw was a quest about an old man pineing for the old days
    You'd have my like if we could 'like' posts in MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Ion is a pretty logical dude, but comments like this make me wonder if he sometimes fantasizes about beating WoW forum posters with a shovel. I mean, who wouldn't?
    It really is a victimless crime too.

Looks like the same old crap, another "campaign" which is basically solo stuff. I hated Suramar with a passion. Campaigns suck because they are solo. Also, open world is a joke, everything is narrow passes and caves.

Can we get back to old school leveling with open areas where its more likely to meet people, hopefully there are some optional minibosses out in the world designed for bonus xp.

Leveling needs a total overhaul.
    I can tell you are 100% BSing and never played. Considering both Azure Span and the plains are super open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Leveling in Azure Span does indeed suck with all the lagg. Had no issue anywhere else
    Ive never has lag in Azure Span. Might be time to update the potato.

But still we can enjoy the soothing, not rushed content. It's so chilling.

I'm enjoying it, seems like a pretty fast and smooth process so far. The centaur stuff was a bit dull, but it picked up with the Azure Span zone.

Looks like the same old crap, another "campaign" which is basically solo stuff. I hated Suramar with a passion. Campaigns suck because they are solo. Also, open world is a joke, everything is narrow passes and caves.

Can we get back to old school leveling with open areas where its more likely to meet people, hopefully there are some optional minibosses out in the world designed for bonus xp.

Leveling needs a total overhaul.
    What exactly is different with questing via a campaign compared to classic questing?
    You can still group up. You can still see people.
    I have grouped up more in this expansion in the open world than in the last three combined.

Plane Areas as boring as fuck. I KNEW some people will complain when blizzard finally designs zones where flying is integrated. Hell Maldraxxus was to complicated for some. And one of th DF is zone is litterally planes...

Also also: Leveling is a solo adventure for most people. The group up stuff gets activly looked at, at max level. But YOU CAN level in groups. There is nothing saying you can't.
    And Suramar is one of the best things blizz ever put into the game.