Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The issue is that Blizzard has opted to continually make dungeon and raid mechanics more complex to make things more challenging for the players that have played all along. So the difficulty bar is a bit higher than in the past. Part of that too is that lower difficulty content (even open world) is harder to prepare players for that content. So that's a hurdle and a challenge for returning players. Not every wipe will be a kick, but it's close to that.

Some tips for returning players -
    1. The content is harder now, it's not like old LFR where you could put someone on follow and finish a run. There are more interrupts needed, there's more movement required and aoe to get out of, and more bad stuff that can one-shot you. The easy tank and spank days are no more.
    2. Because of that, if you're returning I'd suggest baby steps. Watch a quick 2 minute video on the dungeon mechanics. Maybe do a run of them on a difficulty lower than you want to do even if you're overgeared for it, just for a practice run to see the route and some of the mechanics firsthand.
    3. Don't get discouraged. LFR is actually more painful than normal raid and Heroic group finder dungeons are more painful than m0, because too many people think they can roll into them without knowing the mechanics and it's a wipefest. So that is a challenge for returning players right now. But if you can get over that hump, it gets better.
    4. The best way by far to get back up to speed is with a guild doing runs. That's generally going to be a lot better time and they'll be more patient with miscues, though they can have their own drama too. And you may have to go through 2 or 3 guilds to find a really good match.
    Dude, he was kicked out from a NORMAL Plaguefall while leveling. There’s nothing easier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi1337 View Post
    You are leveling not doing a +20. GTFO with that elitist attitude. Single player games are designed for you.
    No, single player games are designed for the ones that come onto this forum and cry because they're slowing dungeons down
    LEARN. FROM. YOUR. MISTAKES. AND. YOU. WON'T. GET. KICKED.
    Until then, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Community is garbage in a 15+ year old game? No way....

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    No, single player games are designed for the ones that come onto this forum and cry because they're slowing dungeons down
    You are the type of pos that I would initiate a vote kick for. How do you learn from your mistakes if you kick them after they make a mistake? Again this is a leveling dungeon. You learn as you level. Only no life basement dwellers know all the dungeons in the game such as you claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, so glad I'll never have to play with you because your attitude towards others is pretty sad.

No one is perfect. Sure you can kick people to "teach them a lesson" or, and hear me out, you can just tell them what they did wrong and help them improve.

Didn't realise being friendly and having a little bit of patience was such a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Damn, so glad I'll never have to play with you because your attitude towards others is pretty sad.

No one is perfect. Sure you can kick people to "teach them a lesson" or, and hear me out, you can just tell them what they did wrong and help them improve.

Didn't realise being friendly and having a little bit of patience was such a chore.
    Same!!

Have a blessed day ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi1337 View Post
    You are the type of pos that I would initiate a vote kick for. How do you learn from your mistakes if you kick them after they make a mistake? Again this is a leveling dungeon. You learn as you level. Only no life basement dwellers know all the dungeons in the game such as you claim.
    Thank youuuuu, I play the game the way I want so do you, stop being a fucking baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    So you’re one of those people who thinks everyone needs to do research before playing a game. Gross.
    Thanks!! Have fun playing the game the way you want to play itttt <333

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    This is literally just a rant post, but damn this has made me regret resubbing.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant
    when leveling with my buddy i used to kick 2-3 ppl from each grp just for giggles xD don't think too much into it

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    You likely encountered minmaxxers levelling on an addon timer and following a specific dungeon route deemed the most efficient experience per hour. You were probably vote kicked not because someone was angry with you dying but because it was a marginal time gain to have someone new and likely more experienced zone in rather than wait for you to run back.

WoW has become extremely robotic and anti-social like that over the years, to a point where I could imagine a majority of active players view other players as a barrier to their progression goals rather than allies who can help reach them. If they ever introduced solo content similar to Torghast that rewarded max level gear I think you'd see the entire m+ dungeon community collapse overnight.
    This is why when I queue as tank, I pull as much as I want as fast as I want, as long as I can keep everyone alive with offheals (not putting all the extra work on the healer) but when I queue as a healer (albeit prot spec'd) I let the tank pull at their own pace, even if it's much slower. Maybe they're learning or something. The world can always use more tanks and better to not scare them off.

All that in mind, I consider normals->+10 casual content and am always extra patient with everyone and try to keep the vibes good. There's definitely a lot of toxic/robotic players and mindsets. I do my best to avoid them.

You can always spot the player with the m+/competitive mindset, especially in normals XD

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about par for the course. Right now's a great time to decide if that's going to ruin your play experience and then take appropriate action.

If you can't deal with dickheads and you're either unwilling or unable to find a guild or community that isn't full of them (For any reason mind, literally any reason is perfectly valid if it applies to you, as its your gametime and enjoyment we're discussing here), then unsub and move along.

Then again, as you quite clearly said in the OP, this is a rant thread. So if all you needed was to bitch about a shitty experience to feel better, then hey man consider yourself heard, hope it gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    In the world of Blizzard sponsored gold boosting, time is money. The average WoW player age should be getting proportionally older since I haven't heard of many youngsters jumping into the game, therefore its easy to presume a substantial portion if not majority of the playerbase are grown adults with full time jobs and maybe families who've just kept playing the game over the years. Most the people I know who still play are in this scenario and their playstyle and habits have adapted to accommodate that.

My brother as an example has a demanding full time job with a family and for some reason still plays (I don't play either anymore) and is more than willing to drop $20 on a WoW token for some gold to buy BoEs or boosts, etc. He barely gets enough time to do the pre-requisite content in the game let alone play the actual end game content he wants to play.
    I mean, I get it. People want to be efficient, but I'm sure the ones making lots of mistakes do too. Acting like that towards others doesn't help anyone really, definitely not the ones still trying to learn.

People need to understand this is a multiplayer game where your actions and attitude effect others, not only "your game time".

I think you were unlucky. Most go go groups run and ignore your existance if you fall behind. Unless you miss an entire boss fight. They might also kick you for extra xp, if one is carrying. Did you cause a wipe or something?
    Oh, btw, you might get extra stupid ppl in the grp. I recall ages ago a tank going mental I was misdirecting on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    when leveling with my buddy i used to kick 2-3 ppl from each grp just for giggles xD don't think too much into it
    Why? Why is it funny to you that you upset people? Imagine someone who lost a parent and they come online to forget and smile a little and then you kick them "for giggles". Can you seriously not get your giggles somewhere else?
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-12-28 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back to WoW!

Unfortunately this happens. Something similar happened to me during the pre-patch, it's just the way some people act, however, on the up-side, these types of people are a minority.

Don't let some cunt ruin your experience or make you miserable in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I stopped playing for related-ish reasons towards the end of SL. I got a false RMT DQ and suspension from SL S3 that took what was my 4th gladiator title+mount. The best I can come up with why it wasn't overturned was I was running a meme comp at as high as 3100mmr and played into a bunch of streamers with thousands watching, and its possible I got mass reported for it. Can't be evidence of RMT boosting without any history of boosting of any type with a 3s team full of >2700xp mglads, yet Blizzard could justify upholding it.

The WoW community is old and pearl-clutches on even the most trivial of things. Expecting any player to jump into a normal LFR dungeon while leveling and know enough to never screw up is ridiculous, but it's what the community is now. Same people who can validate boosting of any kind to get achievements they didn't earn honestly yet whine when someone makes a mistake on a game mechanic but 'had the achievement' or does something unique and fun. Catch 22 of a community that should've died with Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm now just picturing an alternate reality where the end of the Legion expansion was a conclusion to WoW and the original Warcraft stories. Sargeras and the legion defeated, a world in harmony, no sword stuck in, saving Argus instead of killing him, etc.

What a wonderful thought. Then WoW classic starting and repeating the cycle but with improvements along the way.
    My dream was that ir the legion WINNING both resulting in a WoW 2 where the races had lived together for years and no more faction wars..Either due to peace or a bigger goal/foe..Legion truly was the perfect chance/place to end WoW in it's current form

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    That’s rough but it’s also not the typical experience

It will get worse once wow inevitably becomes part of gamepass ultimate.

I'd consider 'toxic randos' to be the expectation, not the exception.
    Seems that way a lot of times doesn't it?

I've been pretty lucky so far the low level mythics I pug (2-4) have had mostly mellow folks in them.

10+ Year Old Account

*kicks*

Thx and queue again <3!!
    I don't queue normal dungeons, I play this game the smart way and avoid trash, in multiple ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I don't queue normal dungeons, I play this game the smart way and avoid trash, in multiple ways.
    Oh, that's even better then - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Get ready for the flood of a million 9 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I dunno, they might roll the base game into gamepass somehow but that's all they did with ESO. ESO's latest xpac is never part of gamepass nor is the optional subscription benefits, so MMOs don't get that typical treatment once MS owns them.