Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Return to Karazhan happened because of the demons, they were the main villain in that dungeon.
    It still was separate to the main story of the expansion; it had nothing to do with the pillars, the Felstorm or Illidan. It was a sidestory in a new location and theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It still was separate to the main story of the expansion; it had nothing to do with the pillars, the Felstorm or Illidan. It was a sidestory in a new location and theme.
    Hardly separate, when the place was already featured in Khadgars Harbringers. It was then attacked by Legion forces as a part of an overall invasion plan, since you know, they attacked on many fronts. By that logic you could also say that certain class campaigns were separate, becasue while for example Hunters were dealing with a new breed of Felstalkers, it had nothing to do with the pillars, the Felstorm or Illidan.
    The main Legion story was a general BL invasion and our counteroffensive, not Pillars or Illidan.

Other dungeons were also part of the story, but to a lesser extent. In Tazavesh So'leah was trying to use a First Ones relic, and final patch was all about them and the Jailer trying to seize their tech. Even Mechagon was not 100% detached from the main story, since King Mechagon was trying to "fix" the curse of flesh caused by Old Gods, and they were main antagonists in 2nd part of BfA.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-01-02 at 01:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'll say that Zereth Ordos is not improbable as a 10.3 zone. I still hope for Island Expeditions/Torghast content only evergreen added in Cavern of Times that just sends us at different points in time.
    i dont think we will see anything cosmic until maybe next expansion
    yeah we have some titan stuff but i think they are kinda pulling away from that part of the lore

10.3 will either be time travel or ending the twilight cult

The main story was the demons and the Legion in general, they planned to use Karazhan as a gateway into Azeroth. The entire attunement questline was finding out what they were planning to do, and the dungeon was stopping them and the chaos that followed them inside the tower.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk I had hopes we would see vrykul join the fray as they are also known dragonriders. Maybe set offcoast or w/e

Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Idk I had hopes we would see vrykul join the fray as they are also known dragonriders. Maybe set offcoast or w/e

Shame
    Well the storm drake area in Thaldraszus is largely unused and said drakes are hostile. Maybe there was a story there and it was removed or maybe it's intended for the future.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the storm drake area in Thaldraszus is largely unused and said drakes are hostile. Maybe there was a story there and it was removed or maybe it's intended for the future.
    Very well could be yea.

Known for riding all kinds of drakes, master of proto drake taming in wrath, even riding void drakes., connection to Tyr and all that. Idk some off the coast rohan like settlement, high wall and towers. Basically friendly with the drakes. sounds cool to me!
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-01-02 at 09:18 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    10.0.5 has some things connected to Lunar Festival, right? So it should launch in 2 weeks.

In that case I think 'Primalist Tomorrow' thing will be just some post raid questline (Raszageth LFR also launch that day btw) and it won't be on PTR at all like 9.2.5 story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did you even play Legion?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The main story was the demons and the Legion in general, they planned to use Karazhan as a gateway into Azeroth. The entire attunement questline was finding out what they were planning to do, and the dungeon was stopping them and the chaos that followed them inside the tower.
    Yeah this. Very Burning Legion themed. I mean the area looked different but thats not much. Legion was very much all about the demons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Darn I dont know how I missed this for a month. Im always in the first few pages of the new thead. Oh well. How bout that road map tho
    I'm SO happy about that roadmap! I really hope they stick to it, because if they do it's gonna be damn good. I also really like how transparent the communication is, it was about damn time they started to act like a modern videogames company

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Any guesses what the Megadungeon is going to be? Would it be insane to think they put one of the incarnates in there as to not saturate future raid content with a ton more dragon fights? Or will it be different in style/tone from the rest of the expansion like Mechagon kinda was.
    I have a feeling that the megadungeon will have something to do with Wratheye (final boss of Brakenhide) as she survives at the end of the dungeon, we know that she's super attuned to Decay magic, and she swears vengeance against us.. Im guessing that we will have some kind of Gnoll/Decay themed dungeon with Wratheye or someone Wratheye works with as the final boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGTX View Post
    I have a feeling that the megadungeon will have something to do with Wratheye (final boss of Brakenhide) as she survives at the end of the dungeon, we know that she's super attuned to Decay magic, and she swears vengeance against us.. Im guessing that we will have some kind of Gnoll/Decay themed dungeon with Wratheye or someone Wratheye works with as the final boss.
    Why would they do another decay themed gnoll dungeon? I would rather see her again as a future raid boss tbh ^^ (prolly buffed, similiar to Ashvane back in BfA)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why would they do another decay themed gnoll dungeon? I would rather see her again as a future raid boss tbh ^^ (prolly buffed, similiar to Ashvane back in BfA)
    Gnoll dungeon might be too similar, but a more general Decay theme might work. Various undead adjacent humanoids and elementals, in which Gnolls would be a feature.

Not sure who would be a fitting endboss for a Decay themed raid or dungeon though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    As much as Id love to see Wratheye come back as a raid boss, I dont really see in what context you could shove her in a raid and make it make sense in the story as it stands. Now if this story took some super unexpected turns and we find that there is an ancient source of decay magic that turned Galakrond in the beast he was and this is what the primalists are after, then I could totally see Wratheye in that raid.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How Zereth X would be different to Zereth Mortis? That area was pretty basic and didn't screamed 'afterlife' for me, I think every plane looks pretty much the same, maybe with different balls and mobs.

10.1 underground/black df/Iridikron and 10.3 time travel/Murozond just fit too well. For 10.2 I think green df/emerald dream would be perfect as theme change between gloomy tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    WoW's lore needs someone like Kirkbride to expand things up in a good way. I think it needs more in-universe books to show other people's perspectives on cultures, religions and traditions of different races. In this way, lore will begin to expand without really huge costs. But right now all we have are Steamy Romance novels. Compared to TES library, this is nothing.
    I think the problem is it didn't have a Kirkbride in the first place. ES' lore is known for being muddy and that plays to its benefit. Its fanbase knows not everything has a clear answer.

The warcraft fandom is however used to more word of god statements. Even WoW's in game books are just snippets of the WC3 manual for the most part. Its fanbase would go nuts if we transitioned for word of god lore to muddier more nuanced lore. Look at the Chronicles series for example.

WoW's golden age of lore was arguably when its writers just did whatever without a unified vision, which created the illusion of there being a secretive plan. But the problem is this only works for so long, especially if later writers have no idea what the first ones were randomly rambling about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How Zereth X would be different to Zereth Mortis? That area was pretty basic and didn't screamed 'afterlife' for me, I think every plane looks pretty much the same, maybe with different balls and mobs.

10.1 underground/black df/Iridikron and 10.3 time travel/Murozond just fit too well. For 10.2 I think green df/emerald dream would be perfect as theme change between gloomy tiers.
    The same way that Storm Peaks and Ulduar are different from Isle/Throne of Thunder, or Uldum/Halls of Re-Origination, or Silithus and AQ, or Nazmir and Uldir, despite all of those being titan facilities. There's no reason for any other Zereth to look or feel anything like Mortis in environment and design, enemy type, storyline, or basically any facet other than bits of somewhat recognizable architecture in the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The same way that Storm Peaks and Ulduar are different from Isle/Throne of Thunder, or Uldum/Halls of Re-Origination, or Silithus and AQ, or Nazmir and Uldir, despite all of those being titan facilities. There's no reason for any other Zereth to look or feel anything like Mortis in environment and design, enemy type, storyline, or basically any facet other than bits of somewhat recognizable architecture in the buildings.
    I dunno. While Titan facilities being different is a good reason for why Zereth facilities could be different. The issue isn't that they HAVE to be similar, the issue that i see at least, is that Zereth Mortis went for a distinct lack of strong theme. Ulduar meanwhile had grand halls, vaguely Norse theming, etc. This translated well into other cultures for visual distinction.

I just don't see how you could make First Ones architecture distinct from what we got without completely retooling the look Zereth Mortis was going for.
    It's like trying to find a different look for stick figures. Sure it's possible to have some variation in thickness and proportions, but you can't add much before it stops being a stick figure.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm SO happy about that roadmap! I really hope they stick to it, because if they do it's gonna be damn good. I also really like how transparent the communication is, it was about damn time they started to act like a modern videogames company
    Yeah they have been doing great the past 6-12 months imo.