7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I was listening to the Djaradin music for a bit, and it hit me. There's low chant type music, and it sounds kind of regal... could they actually be Dwarves?

Note that the Djaradin elders hid themselves underground, and thats where the next patch/Khaz Algar is likely to be. Also the titan book notes that the dwarves mutated somehow.

What if Djaradin are actually massive funky dwarves? It kind of fits with how they are weirdly proportioned, imo.
    Wasn't it implied that the Djaradin are actually Proto-Trolls? Going by interviews, they had "ancient trolls" as npc's internally on the dragon isles but we never saw them not even on the alpha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Players need something to work on while they're at max level.
    But does that have to be player power? Artifacts are ultimately just another iLvl, another set of talents.

And that player power has to reset with expansions, or you get even more FOMO, or forced farming of old content.
    Additionally, while one can argue that the Legion Artifact system should have continued in future expansions, with some reset, but that would effectively lock the weapon slot.
    Other slots like the Heart of Azeroth, or even slotless variations like Covenants proved unpopular despite working (within the intended scope)

A Cosmetic 'progression' (admittedly just another word for farm/grind) on the other hand provides rewards that just about everyone wants, and stays quasi-relevant in future expansions while having a sort of automatic self-nerf via outlevelling the content.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    but that would effectively lock the weapon slot.
    We could have new cosmetic appearances added over the artifact over time and they could have even added entirely new artifacts for specific specs to create new builds. Heck instead of class skins they could have just given people a new artifact for a spec that would reskin the spec, grounding the effect in that way. Legion itself added new cosmetic weapon appearances beyond the artifacts after all (I remember at least the mace from Maiden and Taeschalach).

It isn't just the cosmetic appearance though - Fury, FrostDK, WW&BrM Monk, all casters were locked into into one weapon type/combo during Legion. Feral & Guardian even had weapon types they wouldn't usually use (I had assumed this implied these specs could actually DW in later expansions, which would at the very least open up Agi Daggers to more specs, but no)

Also, static secondary stats. So, let us pick the secondaries for the Artifact? Sure, but why is that not possible for all gear then? And so on...

Having one slot that you never change for an entire expansion is not good, even less if that goes across several expansions, even if the itemID/name changes between them.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

They at least have loosened transmog restrictions since Legion, so it wouldn't be as much an issue, but yes being locked to that weapon type would suck now as it sucked then. I hated having an extensive transmog library to choose from but be stuck with fists on my WW Monk, which has one of the fewest transmog options possible (though now you can transmog to 1Hs so it isn't as much an issue).

Further, its nice to be able to get skins that you wouldn't be able to get normally if you visit it later on.

Also regarding the earlier discussion about Avaloren, I feel its is a safe bet to assume it isn't a titan facility, nor is it relatively nearby. Several expeditions were mounted to reach it, it wasn't under Odyn's control, it apparently has some strong defense system. That all points to it being some distance away and its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It isn't just the cosmetic appearance though - Fury, FrostDK, WW&BrM Monk, all casters were locked into into one weapon type/combo during Legion. Feral & Guardian even had weapon types they wouldn't usually use (I had assumed this implied these specs could actually DW in later expansions, which would at the very least open up Agi Daggers to more specs, but no)

Also, static secondary stats. So, let us pick the secondaries for the Artifact? Sure, but why is that not possible for all gear then? And so on...

Having one slot that you never change for an entire expansion is not good, even less if that goes across several expansions, even if the itemID/name changes between them.
    I'd say they could probably just give us alternate appearances that give you the DW/2H option (Frostmourne anyone?)
    As for stats, make those part of relics. We'd be keeping relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say they could probably just give us alternate appearances that give you the DW/2H option (Frostmourne anyone?)
    As for stats, make those part of relics. We'd be keeping relics.
    Do you have to live with a single new weapon appearance for your spec each patch then, or do you maybe get themed weapon appearances in raids as well?

I habe a revolutionary idea. What if the cosmetic weapons from raids had the stats you get from Relics, and you just equipped those weapons instead? Then you could move the artifact talent tree next to the regular talent tree for ease of use. It fixes so many issues.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets go back to reality guys. We move past artifacts years ago and we just freed ourselves from having to check 10 things for character progression.

Currently devs should think about good patch schedule, iterating on professions and adding new gameplay, character progression is more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wasn't it implied that the Djaradin are actually Proto-Trolls? Going by interviews, they had "ancient trolls" as npc's internally on the dragon isles but we never saw them not even on the alpha.
    I don't think there's any connection between them. Proto-trolls were mentioned but likely got tabled or they changed the concept. Although its entirely possible they might pop up in the underground zone. The zone itself might be more a journey to the center of the earth theme giving us a glimpse into primordial Azeroth.

As for the Djaradin, I think if they are related to any race its probably the Magnataur. They look superficially pretty similar. And Djaradin having a close relationship with lava mammoths wouldn't surprise me if one of their ancestors got it on with a mammoth Ancient.

I'd say it was timed just right. That's the pace we should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    That speed is just great!

Human heritage is a bit lame. But I like the orc one. It would be nice if they came in multiple tints, but I am not counting on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Human heritage is a bit lame. But I like the orc one. It would be nice if they came in multiple tints, but I am not counting on it.
    Well, this type of plate armour with gryphons and lions was always the most obvious choice.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, this type of plate armour with gryphons and lions was always the most obvious choice.
    True but I feel like they could of added some diversity since that's been done multiple times already. Something like a nobleman/noblewoman would of been a refreshing change.

Bit interesting, they split the PTRs on the BNet Client.

More accurately, 10.0.7 PTR appears to have replaced SoM PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's cool and all, but it could do with some more varied elements, and not just generic plate. Some coat elements to make it blur more into cloth, and maybe an alternative helm to look less like plate.

Might have to wait and see how it looks when it's not just a single picture, but it does feel like they just took the Stormwind Guard set from WoD and gave it an HD update.

Really i just wish that Heritage armors at least would have several tints available. It's a crime that Mag'har Orcs got several tints when other races like Kul Tiran have just as good reason ti have several variations of the same set.

10+ Year Old Account
    The humain heritage armor is pretty generic, looks like warfront from BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The humain heritage armor is pretty generic, looks like warfront from BfA
    It's very clearly a reimagined version of the Stormwind Guard armor. And looking at it I do think it might look better than the picture suggests. It seems to have a coat element on the back, which as I mentioned before kinda smudges the line between a plate set and lighter armor types.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Ahh, that's great. I guess it might be a robe option for Human, and a less skimpy variant for Orc. Maybe a different helm.