Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They really need to go back to the drawing board with tier designs, these ain't it chief. Just give us sets that look like our classes, the theming around the raid is a bit too much.
    How's this do it for you?

(Got it from reddit. Assuming its real)
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-03-08 at 04:55 PM.

Half of Waking Shores, half of Azure Span and all of Thaldraszus/Ohnaran Plains was lush fields + mountains.

You want what you are complaining about lol

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I'm not complaining, lot of exciting new stuff on the horizon!

I just find it hilarious how Blizzard always doubles down on the most boring themes of an expansion these days.

Like... "the grey and depressing wasteland in the Maw was hated by everyone, but it's dAnGeRoUs and eDgY so let's have players spend half the expansion in that kind of environment!"

Now they're doing it again with the dark, fiery lava themes of Dragonflight, literally the least interesting and inviting biome of the Dragon Isles. "Let's have players look at a dark wall for six months, instead of lush, green fields, a mighty forest, or epic mountains with the blue sky as their backdrop... no one likes that, that's for sissies".
    It's only a single patch, and not even the second or third major arc either. I was far more annoyed at Shadowlands condemning us to staying there for the entire expansion than i am at 10.1 having stay in a cavern for 3-4 months.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Never been this sad before, honestly. Bog standard patch, M+ changes to keep spam iterating on Negative Affixes and the team trusts us so little they are just leveraging content creators to do the PR while the other Blizzard Teams have Q&As and actually engage with the community in an actual capacity.

Eh, what was I expecting things always stay the same.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

These aren't really that good in my opinion (with the marked exception of the Mage, which I really like). However, this is definitely the right direction to go, so I do hope that Blizzard sticks with this design direction that prioritizes class over theme, while still reflecting the environment. Still, I'd prefer if they just developed the best-looking sets for a particular fantasy rather than theming them around the location you procure them from so that they can stay aesthetically evergreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's only a single patch, and not even the second or third major arc either. I was far more annoyed at Shadowlands condemning us to staying there for the entire expansion than i am at 10.1 having stay in a cavern for 3-4 months.
    Like I said, not really complaining, and I'm sure there's lots of pretty stuff to be found inside Zeralak Cavern. I just find it funny, and don't understand the thought process.

If I designed an MMO, I'd make the raids menacing and scary sometimes, because they're sometimes set inside the lair of the beast, as it were. But the outside space where you hang out should be, IMHO, an inviting and immersive place you just can't wait to visit after work or school.

I'm really liking these, much more varied than S1. I almost think Paladin and Priest should swap though, I forsee many angry Paladins if it doesn't also get wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    These aren't really that good in my opinion (with the marked exception of the Mage, which I really like). However, this is definitely the right direction to go, so I do hope that Blizzard sticks with this design direction that prioritizes class over theme, while still reflecting the environment. Still, I'd prefer if they just developed the best-looking sets for a particular fantasy rather than theming them around the location you procure them from so that they can stay aesthetically evergreen.
    Personally I like the priest's a lot though had it not been labeled Priest, I wouldn't have thought of it.

I do want to add, I edited in that I got this from reddit and I'm starting to have some doubts about it unless I can find it elsewhere too, as when asked where this came from, the poster replied with just a which makes me suspicious now.

I know I shouldn't expect more from a class called Death Knight, but these sets really do just blend together don't they. All the same black and frosty blue, sometimes with sickly green or blood red for variety.

Also that is one prodigiously shitty Hunter sets. Easily in the top three shittiest mail sets Blizzard have made. I don't know who is responsible for them, but i cannot imagine it's the same set of people that designed the Priest or Druid set.

Also nice to see the longcoat appearance making it's intro to the non-Kul Tiran players. Hopefully we get more of those eventually.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Paladin set looks amazing, apart from the 2D skirt and maybe the shoulders which are a bit Revendreth cloth lookalike. Helmet and chest though, are great.

DK looks amazing as well. Just right for a DK.

Cautiously optimistic about Druid, Warrior, Warlock, Shaman, Rogue, and Mage.

All the rest look a bit iffy, or simply uninspired imo.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They really need to go back to the drawing board with tier designs, these ain't it chief. Just give us sets that look like our classes, the theming around the raid is a bit too much.
    They just need to come up with new 3d robe, cape models and new physics. Most of the stuff ends up looking the same because of that.

We got some new 3d parts, but its a very slow prosecc.

Gee, I sure am glad I didn't bother getting the KSM mount!

Also, where are these slides from?

looks too good to be fan-made.
    especially like the half-skirts in shaman and druid sets. a return to class distinctiveness is also welcome.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    TUBE ROBES HAVE BEEN DEFEATED (for priest, druid, and shaman)!

Also, remodeled Ashkandi (plus another no-tube robe)
    We had these in bfa, but shorter. There are no physics there and will feel similar to warden set pieces and mail warfront armor. These pieces still feel like cardboards..

Where are those images from anyway?

Is it too early to cope-post? Well...

10.0- All Flights, Primal Raid
    10.1- Black Dragon-themed Zone and Raid
    10.2- Blue Dragon-themed Zone and Raid (apparently being built up in this patch)
    10.3- Bronze Dragon-themed Zone and Raid

Red and Green are left, but not for this expansion... Life and Dream = Life-themed expansion after DF (revamp?)

Actually the Blue patch could be the megadungeon.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-08 at 05:10 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most interesting thing I have read so far is sonething that was speculated here.

Shadow Priest is getting a rework in Patch 10.1. A lot of significant class changes will be seen on the PTR when it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Steve seems to be teasing Worgen tails in the group interview...
    Considering when Ion first joked about not knowing what a duck is, that would mean Worgen tails in 12.X
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The most interesting thing I have read so far is sonething that was speculated here.

Shadow Priest is getting a rework in Patch 10.1. A lot of significant class changes will be seen on the PTR when it goes live.
    We will se if it's gonna save the spec for me. Half-way in a main change atm.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally the most remarkable thing is the introduction of a new pool of items with a new M+ season.

Note: That is not a diss of the rest of the stuff mentioned on the preview.

Question Edit: Just to confirm, Season 2 Dungeons replace the current selection, right? As opposed to adding 8 more to the existent pool.