Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    D4 annoyance will be unending in these forums.

hack and slash games usually have some inconveniences that the fans ignore because they love the game, but those forum goers whine about stupid stuff about wow non-stop like dracythr visage form or not being able to farm traveler's log in old content etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Because D4 games genre has single player mode...
    There is a single player mode in D4 you dont need to group up and you will only occasionally see other players on your map, they said you can play it solo if you want but some things will be harder or take longer, Diablo games are better in groups, solo games are boring.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    I am not saying I don’t trust you (I don’t really know you tbh), but I want that confirmed. In a printed review. Multiple sources would be nice. Before I even consider a purchase.

It’s Blizzard I don’t trust.
    You're about to have your heart broken and $70-100 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Well yeah you cant argue with it because you would be arguing with yourself then or retracting stuff you said, doesn't really make sense. But sure you can just throw random insults if you want, that sure makes your arguments stronger, and then go back to pretending to being positive
    You have yet to provide any points to even discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Is not the store, but other people killing my bounty monsters.
    Especially early on in the game when everyone and their mother are playing Diablo 4. I hate wasting time waiting on things in games.

Edit:
    Let me add another thing.
    FOMO on dailies that I absolutely hated in WoW and is currenlty in Diablo Immortal.
    yeah, the store i just pass on.
    But for me is the worry is other players. I like diablo ( 1,2,3). Because it was not forced multiplayer. You could chose to do it with people or not.
    This forced zones/area's sounds horrible. I hope in game it is not as bad as i think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    A non-p2w diablo version of Lost Ark/PoE/GW2 sounds great to me
    Oh definitely. There will be mtx but cosmetic only. Not saying "trust Blizz 100%" and that things cannot possibily change in the future but until it happens we're fine. We can play the game and when/if it become p2w we can just stop.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Oh definitely. There will be mtx but cosmetic only. Not saying "trust Blizz 100%" and that things cannot possibily change in the future but until it happens we're fine. We can play the game and when/if it become p2w we can just stop.
    More importantly, if that happens we SHOULD just stop.

I don't expect them to ever make this p2w, though. But I agree - no trust, actions speak. If they do fuck up, take them to task. No more goodwill. But also no doomsaying - I'll react to what's ACTUALLY happening, not to what may or could happen at some point in the future perhaps maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    More importantly, if that happens we SHOULD just stop.

I don't expect them to ever make this p2w, though. But I agree - no trust, actions speak. If they do fuck up, take them to task. No more goodwill. But also no doomsaying - I'll react to what's ACTUALLY happening, not to what may or could happen at some point in the future perhaps maybe.
    Exactly. People should just spend less time discussing about things they don't like and actually enforce their point of view.
    You don't like mtx even if just cosmetic? Just don't buy the game and don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is a single player mode in D4 you dont need to group up and you will only occasionally see other players on your map, they said you can play it solo if you want but some things will be harder or take longer, Diablo games are better in groups, solo games are boring.
    There aren’t “modes” in D4. The world is one, is shared and you can choose if play solo (and see other heroes around from time to time) or in group (and see other heroes around from time to time).

As far as we know, only World Bosses should require a group to be beaten, but their loot should be not exclusive.

“Our” main concern is best loot being tied to group content like it happens in WoW. If it won’t be the case in D4, I can totally live with seeing some other players around from time to time.

I see you deleted saying single player games are boring, cause you're a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange One View Post
    I see you deleted saying single player games are boring, cause you're a coward.
    Solo and single player games are the same they get boring fast, there is not many good single player games you want to play longer than just doing the story, i have no problems saying anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There aren’t “modes” in D4. The world is one, is shared and you can choose if play solo (and see other heroes around from time to time) or in group (and see other heroes around from time to time).

As far as we know, only World Bosses should require a group to be beaten, but their loot should be not exclusive.

“Our” main concern is best loot being tied to group content like it happens in WoW. If it won’t be the case in D4, I can totally live with seeing some other players around from time to time.
    There is nothing wrong with the best loot being tied to groups, we dont know how the content works in D4 yet, but to get better items you should be required to do harder content which usually involves groups, D4 is a different game to D3 and you wont be rushing around 1 shotting the whole screen, its a slower paced game where you have to dodge and manage survivability.

Solo and single player games are the same they get boring fast, there is not many good single player games you want to play longer than just doing the story, i have no problems saying anything.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing wrong with the best loot being tied to groups, we dont know how the content works in D4 yet, but to get better items you should be required to do harder content which usually involves groups, D4 is a different game to D3 and you wont be rushing around 1 shotting the whole screen, its a slower paced game where you have to dodge and manage survivability.
    There is everything wrong if you don’t like multiplayer. The best thing of ARPGS is they can be enjoyed totally in solo and you are not artificially penalized because you choose to play on your own. Playing in groups has always advantages in terms of speed but never loot wise. Diablo doesn’t need complex combat mechanics available to groups only, to be challenging.

I don’t want Diablo to become the shiet WoW actually is.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2023-03-14 at 10:57 PM.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the case. Loot comes from dungeons for the most part and they're soloable.

- - - Updated - - -

Only for you. I frequently replay solo games, i play most ARPGs completely solo and don't care about interactions with other people. The only thing that makes you play over time is content - if there's more to do over time you're going to play more, otherwise you'll be done at a point and stop playing.

PoE is an example - people keep playing it because of new leagues not because of people playing. Nearly everyone plays solo and the only interaction they have is trading with people, which is for the most part automated by third party tools.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the case. Loot comes from dungeons for the most part and they're soloable.

- - - Updated - - -

Only for you. I frequently replay solo games, i play most ARPGs completely solo and don't care about interactions with other people. The only thing that makes you play over time is content - if there's more to do over time you're going to play more, otherwise you'll be done at a point and stop playing.

PoE is an example - people keep playing it because of new leagues not because of people playing. Nearly everyone plays solo and the only interaction they have is trading with people, which is for the most part automated by third party tools.
    I mean, I fully understand multiplayer people reasons, but I’ve come to an age and to a situation in which spare time is really few and for me the flexibility allowed by sp games is just unparalleled. In sp games I can do something even with 30 minutes of time. It’s just “boom I’m in”. I haven’t time nor will to coordinate with others, being them friends or not. And I don’t see why I have to be punished by the game for this.

There is everything wrong if you don’t like multiplayer. The best thing of ARPGS is they can be enjoyed totally in solo and you are not artificially penalized because you choose to play on your own. Playing in groups has always advantages in terms of speed but never loot wise. Diablo doesn’t need complex combat mechanics available to groups only, to be challenging.

I don’t want Diablo to become the shiet WoW actually is.
    ARPGS have nothing to do with being played solo, games are always better when played with other ppl that is just the reality, and you can still be anti social and play D4 solo if you want, also games supported for multiplayer last longer and get more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only for me for pretty much all games, there are very few gamers replaying old games they have completed espcially games without mods, you also dont continue to play a solo game solid for years, multiplayer is just superior.

Why do you think they try and mod multiplayer into single player games its because games are supposed to be played with others.

I mean, I fully understand multiplayer people reasons, but I’ve come to an age and to a situation in which spare time is really few and for me the flexibility allowed by sp games is just unparalleled. In sp games I can do something even with 30 minutes of time. It’s just “boom I’m in”. I haven’t time nor will to coordinate with others, being them friends or not. And I don’t see why I have to be punished by the game for this.
    They did say the world will feel desolate by design to get that Diablo feel and you will mostly see other people in towns and at world bosses.

Im sure you will see some people here and there in the world but not everywhere.

I think that's great i have always played arpg's solo and will mostly play this solo too as that is more fun imo, i will team up for the nightmare dungeons though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2023-03-15 at 04:32 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

ARPGS have nothing to do with being played solo, games are always better when played with other ppl that is just the reality, and you can still be anti social and play D4 solo if you want, also games supported for multiplayer last longer and get more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only for me for pretty much all games, there are very few gamers replaying old games they have completed espcially games without mods, you also dont continue to play a solo game solid for years, multiplayer is just superior.

Why do you think they try and mod multiplayer into single player games its because games are supposed to be played with others.
    Isometric ARPGS Diablo style have ALL to do with single player, ssf is one of the core pillars of the genre, you like it or not.

The wonderful thing about them is exactly that they can be both played solo or coop without solo players being gimped in content and power.

Multiplayer is not superior by any meaning, it’s just a way to play like another. I’m not anti social, I simply don’t have enough time and fixed scheduling to play with other people. And I don’t wanna feel gimped because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They did say the world will feel desolate by design to get that Diablo feel and you will mostly see other people in towns and at world bosses.

Im sure you will see some people here and there in the world but not everywhere.

I think that's great i have always played arpg's solo and will mostly play this solo too as that is more fun imo, i will team up for the nightmare dungeons though.
    Again, I don’t want to sound repetitive but seeing people around is fine. What it’s not fine is having to party to get the best loot like it happens in WoW and almost every other MMORPG.

Leave raids and M+ out od Diablo, plz. We don’t need them.

Isometric ARPGS Diablo style have ALL to do with single player, ssf is one of the core pillars of the genre, you like it or not.

The wonderful thing about them is exactly that they can be both played solo or coop without solo players being gimped in content and power.

Multiplayer is not superior by any meaning, it’s just a way to play like another. I’m not anti social, I simply don’t have enough time and fixed scheduling to play with other people. And I don’t wanna feel gimped because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I don’t want to sound repetitive but seeing people around is fine. What it’s not fine is having to party to get the best loot like it happens in WoW and almost every other MMORPG.

Leave raids and M+ out od Diablo, plz. We don’t need them.
    Diablo is best played with others, you know why most ppl stop playing seasons in D3 after just a few weeks because mostly playing solo is boring, a game designed around multiplayer will keep players playing far longer because multiplayer is far superior for games, its just a fact that players keep playing multiplayer games for years while solo games get left in the dust.

There is hopefully content in D4 that you cant do solo and challenging content that will require a team to beat.

Diablo is best played with others, you know why most ppl stop playing seasons in D3 after just a few weeks because mostly playing solo is boring, a game designed around multiplayer will keep players playing far longer because multiplayer is far superior for games, its just a fact that players keep playing multiplayer games for years while solo games get left in the dust.

There is hopefully content in D4 that you cant do solo and challenging content that will require a team to beat.
    No, they stop because the content isn't fun enough to keep doing for days and days when your just farming for the small chance to get the specific Ancient items you need and getting thousands of Paragon levels to keep progressing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No, they stop because the content isn't fun enough to keep doing for days and days when your just farming for the small chance to get the specific Ancient items you need and getting thousands of Paragon levels to keep progressing.
    Playing a game with a group makes you play the game far longer than you would do solo, content doesnt matter at all, you can play a whole night and achieve nothing and still have plenty of fun if you are playing with others and chatting on discord, multiplayer is just superior to keep games active for far longer, thats the whole reason games with multiplayer can run for decades with active players.

Playing a game with a group makes you play the game far longer than you would do solo, content doesnt matter at all, you can play a whole night and achieve nothing and still have plenty of fun if you are playing with others and chatting on discord, multiplayer is just superior to keep games active for far longer, thats the whole reason games with multiplayer can run for decades with active players.
    And plenty of multiplayer only titles die fairly quick deaths, too. And plenty of non-multiplayer games titles like Dwarf Fortress have had people playing and following the single player game for decades.

Even as generalities these are dubious at best.