Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We’ll see how this releases, but anyone see the KFC commercial with D4. “Get earlier access to Diablo 4…” in the colonel sanders voice was interesting to say the least. I guess this has been done before, halo, gears, ete (only recalling mostly fps), but surprised at blizzard somewhat by this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No its like watching Top Gun and instead of Tom Cruise in Raybans you get some TV actor wearing elton john eske sunshades because you're not on the premier tier
    Or, it's like getting to see the movie for the price of the ticket.

And there's also some perks that come with it for free like a reclining chair, but for some reason that takes a bit of time to activate. But others are paying extra to activate that from the get-go, and also slap some stickers on that bad-boy.

Because Top Gun is Diablo 4 itself, the game you paid for and got. The Battle Pass is the chair, which is still included for free.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I welcome the cosmetic battlepass. It's the easiest way to identify all the whales I come across. Makes for a better experience. I'll even be able to identify all the impatient whales too. What a bliss.
    Does the game even have ID scrolls?

Also, BP ain't gonna be for whales. That's a one-shot purchase per-season, basically like going out and getting fast-food once per quarter. Hardly living large and droppin big dosh on a game.

He 100% knew what it meant, he started this post so he could act like he didn't know and then immediately start complaining when someone answered. His friends probably do not want to hear is whining anymore so he took to the dusty ol mmo champion forums to be a bitter ol F

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Yeah I think it's a waste too tbh. Especially for a game like diablo. I'll tell you what. If they packaged it with an item that once equipped acted like an heirloom up to a certain iLvL that also granted an exp boost, then maybe I would consider paying a little extra for something like that because it's unique and would be useable by multiple characters forever. But just some level skips or cosmetics unlocks for whatever season seems like a waste of money.

I used to throw money at Blizzard and buy all their special edition games, collector edition, whatever. You know what I got for it? Some mounts that I don't ride, and pets that I could care less about that only come out once in a blue moon. Literally.
    Level skips? Fuck you talking about, there's no level skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, it's like getting to see the movie for the price of the ticket.

And there's also some perks that come with it for free like a reclining chair, but for some reason that takes a bit of time to activate. But others are paying extra to activate that from the get-go, and also slap some stickers on that bad-boy.

Because Top Gun is Diablo 4 itself, the game you paid for and got. The Battle Pass is the chair, which is still included for free.

Does the game even have ID scrolls?

Also, BP ain't gonna be for whales. That's a one-shot purchase per-season, basically like going out and getting fast-food once per quarter. Hardly living large and droppin big dosh on a game.
    I wouldn't be so sure about any of that right now. Even if that's the case on release.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about any of that right now. Even if that's the case on release.
    BP can't be for whales, it's a one-time purchase with maybe a bonus premium level.

Whales require repeat purchases - things like RNG lockboxes that they can drop thousands of dollars on hoping to get that one ultra-rare cosmetic item or something. I'm not sure if D4 will even allow for whales in that capacity though, I haven't looked super deep into the monetization but IIRC they won't have RNG boxes or anything that would allow players to spend like that (so far).

Will see how it goes, but lost a lot of interest in diablo 4 after immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    D2R is hardly pumping out content, what are you talking about? They added a few extra things since launch like QoL features and rune words.

D3 really started to die down after a few seasons too with innovation and new stuff.

You can see the same issue happened elsewhere with Overwatch, content died down hardcore because they needed to make a new game to have the income still flow to justify the game support.
    Its not about income, its about more income. Its about greed and how to squeeze most money as possible from the players. But thats just the nature of the world we live in. Profit is not enough, more profit is.

Then again, D4 might turn into a burning pile of poo and very few will care about battlepasses etc a couple of weeks after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

BP can't be for whales, it's a one-time purchase with maybe a bonus premium level.

Whales require repeat purchases - things like RNG lockboxes that they can drop thousands of dollars on hoping to get that one ultra-rare cosmetic item or something. I'm not sure if D4 will even allow for whales in that capacity though, I haven't looked super deep into the monetization but IIRC they won't have RNG boxes or anything that would allow players to spend like that (so far).
    Depends. If the rewards in BP is gone when new season(BP) hits, it will create FOMO and the whales will buy it no matter what.

I like it how Halo done it. THere, I can buy Battlepasses at my choosing. Missed out on two? Buy and unlock one, if you want. Doesnt really matter either way though, game works the same. Aint missing out on anything except cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Depends. If the rewards in BP is gone when new season(BP) hits, it will create FOMO and the whales will buy it no matter what.
    Again, "whale" is a specific term for people who spend huge on games. Like, hundreds/thousands per week/month. Like, tens of thousands per month.

FOMO over a $20 or whatever BP every few months isn't for whales at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I like it how Halo done it. THere, I can buy Battlepasses at my choosing. Missed out on two? Buy and unlock one, if you want. Doesnt really matter either way though, game works the same. Aint missing out on anything except cosmetics.
    Yeah, I dislike that the BP setup results in "one-time" rewards like this, both because it sucks missing out and because honestly there's a lot of really excellent work on some of the cosmetics that should absolutely get more attention/be appreciated/enjoyed by more folks. Would love to see more taking the "you can buy old BP's and earn most of the stuff from them" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No its like watching Top Gun and instead of Tom Cruise in Raybans you get some TV actor wearing elton john eske sunshades because you're not on the premier tier
    Yeah, nah. It's like what I said. Also it's "esque" FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Level skips? Fuck you talking about, there's no level skip.
    Level skip, season skip. Stop mincing words. It's all the same. You skip levels to get to max thus starting on your journey to unlock the seasonal stuff. If they give you season unlocks or skips it basically accomplishes the same thing.

All they have to do is to create a bunch of different tiers of battlepass, add something like magic find to some of them and the ability to skip tiers on all of them and you have a battlepass where you can sink thousands of dollars into it every season.

Do I think they will do it ? Not really. But at this point I'm not naive enough to think it's impossible. We already had a dev playing with words on social media about diablo immortal and whether or not you could buy "power" in the shop.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

As long as cosmetic stuff pays for my free content, bring it on. MOAR

lol @ people saying cosmetics dont matter, like that's literally the one thing everyone is chasing, no one cares about stats, dont be autistic

ofc its best when cosmetics represent skill, like it does on some items in wow

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    lol @ people saying cosmetics dont matter, like that's literally the one thing everyone is chasing, no one cares about stats, dont be autistic

ofc its best when cosmetics represent skill, like it does on some items in wow
    That's why everyone wasn't running in clown suits before transmog. Oh wait, they did.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    D4 ultimate bundle offers 20 tier skips, what does this mean?
    Means you start at stage 21 on the BP when others start at stage 1.

There’s usually 100 stage total.

You can login to overwatch 2 to look at how a battle pass usually looks like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's why everyone wasn't running in clown suits before transmog. Oh wait, they did.
    After playing Classic, TBCC and WOTLK i don’t think i ever wore ”A clown suit”

Maybe cloth was Especially saved from looking bad?

But only time i remotely thought this, Was back when in ZG patch where i had to wear bloodvine vest.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    D4 ultimate bundle offers 20 tier skips, what does this mean?
    All it really means is a giant waste of money for you, and a giant money making scam for Blizzard.

It allows you to get stuff on the season pass "faster". Stuff that if you have the season pass your going to unlock anyway.

As long as cosmetic stuff pays for my free content, bring it on. MOAR
    it never does

- - - Updated - - -

and thats why transmog system is best addition to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    it never does

- - - Updated - - -
    And you know this from what source?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Cosmetics aren't really a big deal...
    It's about the grind being removed due a pay 2 win option.
    I get OP's issues, but that is sadly the corporation's greed in todays time and the weakness of the younger generation.

First thing i wonder is how long D4 will be alive for after looking at how quickly D3 died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?