Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hopefully, the inevitable world revamp would provide us with quest hubs and permanent settlements built and/or occupied by Allied Races. Hell even the Unallied expansion races need more love.
    And Night Elves and Trolls because whenever they get development, things just become worst for them.
    I mean, these guys in this thread think that the Scenario unlock questline is all the Allied races need.

I think heritage quests are very varied. Quite a few of them just do not focus on heritage. From what I am seeing, the orc one is very much on point. Some in the past have been laughable like the Worgen one.

Meanwhile when it comes to allied races, some of their recruitment scenarios definitely showcased their heritage while others did a much worse job at it. Like, the vulpera one told us nothing about the vulpera which is a shame because neither did Vol'dun. And e.g. the Void Elves don't really have a heritage, they are just high elves who voided out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    EVERYBODY is back, the orc heritage chain reads like a wishlist of old orc characters, the only guy who didn't show up that I was hoping for was Oronok Torn Heart, but everyone else is there.

Ariok, Rexxar, Leoroxx, Gorgonna, Gorfax Angerfang has gone from being a nobody to having some decent lines even
    There's even a reference to the Flowerpicker clan apparently.

Orc Heritage was really cool quest chain

Ariok not being stuck in Draenor was a surprise. Now the question is how will they show off the Mag'har clans? Having them play out the same as the MU ones will feel a bit awkward.
    Hope they'll keep them unique by having them play out more like the Iron Horde, through the usage of machinery and more 'primal' orc culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Ariok not being stuck in Draenor was a surprise. Now the question is how will they show off the Mag'har clans? Having them play out the same as the MU ones will feel a bit awkward.
    Hope they'll keep them unique by having them play out more like the Iron Horde, through the usage of machinery and more 'primal' orc culture.
    AU Mag'har remaining a separate thing from MU orc clans feels strange at this point. They are all orcs that live on the same world and up untill 45 years ago their history and heritage was identical. AU Mag'har could help orcs regaining some traditions they still remember better than the MU orcs after all the legion meddling.

Thrall and his sister should also get to interact more.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2023-03-22 at 01:10 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, these guys in this thread think that the Scenario unlock questline is all the Allied races need.
    Wasn't the whole point of AR's to increase character race selection without all of the sundry work that goes with a full implementation of a playable race? Until recently, that scenario unlock questline and heritage armor was more than OG playable races had in terms of modern content..

Plus, aren't there less than 100 void elves total? If I'm correct there's Alleria who isn't even really a void elf and then the true void elves which are Umbric and gang? Would be a little weird for them to have their own city or be overly represented on screen when they're whole 'race' has a smaller population than Goldshire Inn.

Orc heritage felt like an apology for the past decade of orcs being regressed into their Warcraft 2 characterization. I don't think the human questline was terrible, but it stands no chance against arguably the best heritage questline to date. Forsaken and night elves really need heritage questlines on that level that really affirm the race's identity and presence in the modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Orc heritage felt like an apology for the past decade of orcs being regressed into their Warcraft 2 characterization. I don't think the human questline was terrible, but it stands no chance against arguably the best heritage questline to date. Forsaken and night elves really need heritage questlines on that level that really affirm the race's identity and presence in the modern day.
    Agreed, there were so many characters and seeds planted for future plot arcs.
    Twas brillig

The human questline isn't terrible, but isn't great either. Their heritage seems to revolve around Onyxia, which is kind of weird. It would've been nice if we delved into Stormwind's past instead (First War, Gnoll War, Gurubashi War), but alas. I also didn't like how during the flashback Windsor wasn't with Varian, Valeera and Broll. Blizzard writers either don't know about the comic or just decided to retcon it. Shaw was boring as always, but Vanessa was cool. I hope she and Cecilia will end up together. They're a good pair. It was also funny that Turalyon is never mentioned in the entire questline. I'm glad Blizzard finally listened and stopped shining a spotlight on characters like him.

Glad to see that most people enjoyed the heritage questlines. Meanwhile I am having such a nice time in The Forbidden Reach. I am surprised to say that I really enjoyed the cutscenes of Emberthal and Ebyssian (which looks pretty cool with that white paint and drakonid eyes IMO). Its been a while since I actually was interested in some questline or characters.

I also have entered the new solo instance which seems entertaining enough. Still trying the new ring but it seems pretty powerful, which is awesome for a casual player like me, Catch-up gear is also very welcomed.

In conclusion, it seems that they have done a really good job with a minor patch like this, and makes me hopeful for 10.1, which I think that seems just ok, but time will tell.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Even as a traumatized mind control victim in exile Anduin still manages to defuse conflict and destroy a long-lasting antagonist faction by paying reparations and cleaning up the House of Nobles off-screen and retroactively.

Not that anyone with a pulse is surprised by this turn of events.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    The human questline isn't terrible, but isn't great either. Their heritage seems to revolve around Onyxia, which is kind of weird. It would've been nice if we delved into Stormwind's past instead (First War, Gnoll War, Gurubashi War), but alas. I also didn't like how during the flashback Windsor wasn't with Varian, Valeera and Broll. Blizzard writers either don't know about the comic or just decided to retcon it. Shaw was boring as always, but Vanessa was cool. I hope she and Cecilia will end up together. They're a good pair. It was also funny that Turalyon is never mentioned in the entire questline. I'm glad Blizzard finally listened and stopped shining a spotlight on characters like him.
    Yeah, it's not great. It's perfectly serviceable for what it is, but feels like it could have done with some more in-depth stuff, rather than being what is effectively a fetch quest in low level zones.
    At least it did set up a new Defias threat with the radical new leader who ousted Vanessa. So hopefully we do actually have a world revamp and get to go back to Westfall and see what happens with that.

I imagine the characters were not with Windsor because it was designed around the possibility that your character had done the original quest, and could therefore be inserted into the scene. Would have been weird to have a completely different setup than what the player would have had.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Where tf is the troll beards
    Knowing how Blizzard treats trolls, they will add ONE troll beard model and it will replace the Darkspear heritage armor
    They'll probably kill Rokhan too for good measure as they haven't killed a troll leader in almost 2 expansions
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Even as a traumatized mind control victim in exile Anduin still manages to defuse conflict and destroy a long-lasting antagonist faction by paying reparations and cleaning up the House of Nobles off-screen and retroactively.

Honestly a bit weird that they didnt make a bigger deal of him being gone. Feels like it would have been a natural fit to consider that maybe some Defias were on the cusp of giving up revenge, but ended up falling back down after Anduin left and his charitable views with them.

Still though I think the Defias reparations were necessary for the plot. It was always a bit weird to have a morally grey faction with little to no morally grey quests surrounding them. At least now we can have the Defias be basic thugs, and develop them in that direction, while still having Vanessa and her loyalists around for whenever you want citizens militias in Westfall.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Orc heritage quest was insane. Human was middle of the road but I have a feeling it's because, if there's a revamp, most of their new culture will be there and didn't need a complete overhaul like Orcs did. But damn did they give them an overhaul and in a single quest too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Modern technology, more classical tribal practices (Shadowmoon is still around, Bleeding Hollow and Burning Blade are VERY different) and militarized soldier culture. You can also do some cool stuff with their ties to the Gorian and Draenei civilizations that the MU Orcs didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

It's amazing how his capacity to sap the potential for interesting conflict and reduce the dimensions of formerly-nuanced characters exceeds the borders of chronology and the veil between this world and the next. A fond farewell to another nuanced character lost to Anduinism.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-22 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's amazing how his capacity to sap the potential for interesting conflict and reduce the dimensions of formerly-nuanced characters exceeds the borders of chronology and the veil between this world and the next.
    I doubt the Nobles are actually finished, considering they are constantly mentioned and we just were introduced to a new one. And clearly Anduin didn't do a perfect job if Clessington had this much power.

Actually wrapping up the Defias story was ballsy, I'll give them that. Hopefully the Syndicate takes their place thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Personally i would have gone for us being tricked by Sylvanas into leaving Stormwind undefended. She runs in, attacks, and fortifies it. We then have to fight through the wreckage with the Alliance and Horde working together to stop her.

You have the giant graveyard for risen zombies. Potentially even Arthas if the writers want to confirm that bit of speculation, or really have any famous human boss. You have the Stormwind Vault, which should contain all kinds of fun enemies to fight. And the Stormwind Cathedral if you want a light themed enemy. You could even have a giant canal crocolisk fight if you really want to!
    This could've been real also. Good ol' times:

Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!