Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's a necessary shortcut to not design forms for every race. Plus there is precedent, the Feral & Guardian Artifact forms weren't exactly race-based either, and we were limited to them for a whole expansion. Instead, we got a whole lot of cool neutral variations.
    I mean the first two forms were not race based because they were different versions of Ursoc and Ashamane's design with the pvp version being their Nightmare design and another version being a spirit form. They very much had two unique form in the end (stone bear and jalgar, owlcat and tiger) the rest just being variations on a theme. Meanwhile each new race, even allied race, that got access to druids, came with their own unique forms. I'd say the precedent then is the latter; unique racial forms. Imo I would really hope if Blizzard does Druid for all races they do it a bit more slowly than they did with other classes and actually add some minimal lore with each addition.

7+ Year Old Account
    Druid Form fur colors haven't been tied to hair color for a long time.
    ok? the form would be tied to skin color in this case, not hair color, and this was true for zandalari, so still is a thing.
    Similarly, we don't need special forms emulating "what if this race had come up with Druidism on their own?", either use the first Artifact row as a neutral default, at least for Cat & Bear, or create a neutral set.
    The saved artist time could then be used for new form variants available to all races.
    Right, thats why im saying their cat form should be just a lion/tiger, you get tauren or troll form and edit to be orcish, that is easier than making stuff like wolf and boar forms.

It's a necessary shortcut to not design forms for every race. Plus there is precedent, the Feral & Guardian Artifact forms weren't exactly race-based either, and we were limited to them for a whole expansion. Instead, we got a whole lot of cool neutral variations.
    I'd rather not see the druid opened to all races for two years until they done proper animal forms for every race. I really don't care about shortcuts, this is not even a high priority task.

A worgen having a cat form has always been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm quite mad that the KT cat form looks more like a wolf than the worgen catform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day and you just piggybacked others work, didn't trailblaze any of the theories.
    Yet you doubted the prediction all the same.

The wolf form is still forbidden is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'd rather not see the druid opened to all races for two years until they done proper animal forms for every race. I really don't care about shortcuts, this is not even a high priority task.
    It's not like they have to do all of them at once to begin with. This could be an ongoing side project with a hand full of races every couple of patches. Though frankly I have to agree that racial forms aren't that important to me either, unless they are completely different like the fatso skins. Just using the artefact ones would be plenty for me and many others. Ideally Blizzard would add at least one form each tier anyway, seeing how being stuck with the same art is kinda shitty to begin with as feral/guardian druid.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Though frankly I have to agree that racial forms aren't that important to me either, unless they are completely different like the fatso skins. Just using the artefact ones would be plenty for me and many others. Ideally Blizzard would add at least one form each tier anyway, seeing how being stuck with the same art is kinda shitty to begin with as feral/guardian druid.
    To me they are a standard I don't want to see being compromised with. They bring flavor and they illustrate the lore behind every race conception of druidism. It's like how the night elf bear form has a little acorn pendant, because they are guardians of forests and believe in its power, while the tauren bear form has a little bird skull, because they are more open to the cycle of life and death and fuck birds apparently.

Most of the artifact forms are still available anyway, I don't see the point of repurposing them like that. It would just make them redundant.

That's how you lose race uniqueness and reduce the world to 'everyone is just a different version of humans', like they are trying to do now.

Shortcuts aren't necessary if they don't have a specific deadline to meet. They can take their sweet time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The wolf form is still forbidden is it not?
    Wolf form should still be uncontrollable so ya it should be forbidden, they could use the sycth to make it a thing but unless they retconned it that would turn any one using the form into a worgen.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wolf form should still be uncontrollable so ya it should be forbidden, they could use the sycth to make it a thing but unless they retconned it that would turn any one using the form into a worgen.
    Worgen of all people have conqured the curse though, not to mention that the curse seems a tad bit silly now in the grand scheme of things when we casually rub shoulders with the very inhabitants of the dream and their guardians, as well as having seen the very end of the cycle of life and even had to save it's very ruler multiple times. Not to mention it was poor Ursoc that got disenchanted, so if anything the bear form is without a proper patron right now (unless we can borrow the disco bear in ardenweald). That the wolf form should oh so uncontrollbale seems overly dramatic given the state of the world. We even have the damn scythe stashed somewhere.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Not to mention it was poor Ursoc that got disenchanted, so if anything the bear form is without a proper patron right now (unless we can borrow the disco bear in ardenweald).
    You know there is Ursol as well?

But a tauren having a cat or bear form was never ridiculous?

7+ Year Old Account
    Worgen of all people have conqured the curse though, not to mention that the curse seems a tad bit silly now in the grand scheme of things when we casually rub shoulders with the very inhabitants of the dream and their guardians, as well as having seen the very end of the cycle of life and even had to save it's very ruler multiple times. Not to mention it was poor Ursoc that got disenchanted, so if anything the bear form is without a proper patron right now (unless we can borrow the disco bear in ardenweald). That the wolf form should oh so uncontrollbale seems overly dramatic given the state of the world. We even have the damn scythe stashed somewhere.
    The worgen have mitigated the worse of the effects but it still isn’t a great thing which they show case in the worgen heritage quest and that’s only with the scythes influence.

Without the scythe to turn the Druids into worgen using the wolf form should fill them with all the same endless rage and make them uncontrollable.

so while they could turn into worgen if they wished for a boost if they have the scythe wolf form it self is still unusable.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The worgen have mitigated the worse of the effects but it still isn’t a great thing which they show case in the worgen heritage quest and that’s only with the scythes influence.

Without the scythe to turn the Druids into worgen using the wolf form should fill them with all the same endless rage and make them uncontrollable.

so while they could turn into worgen if they wished for a boost if they have the scythe wolf form it self is still unusable.
    Druids just need to learn some self control in that form.

Shamans don't seem to have this problem at all. Perhaps Druids just need to tap into a different source for the form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Druids just need to learn some self control in that form.

Shamans don't seem to have this problem at all. Perhaps Druids just need to tap into a different source for the form.
    self control isn't an opinion as it’s just an innate part of the form due to its ties to Goldrinn and there attempts to get around it is why worgen exist.

They could in theory make a separate wolf form if they had another wild god to pull from though I don’t think any others exist and if they did they likely wouldn’t be nearly as powerful which is why they wanted the Goldrinn based form in the first place.

self control isn't an opinion as it’s just an innate part of the form due to its ties to Goldrinn and there attempts to get around it is why worgen exist.

They could in theory make a separate wolf form if they had another wild god to pull from though I don’t think any others exist and if they did they likely wouldn’t be nearly as powerful which is why they wanted the Goldrinn based form in the first place.
    Well the Druid of the Pack attempted it but they ended up going the opposite direction, no longer trying to abate the fury and rather embracing it. That's where Worgen lore comes from.

We just need a new set of Druids in the lore who successfully master self control, perhaps with the help of Monks or something. There's plenty of room to progress lore, but that's all on Blizzard's choosing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well the Druid of the Pack attempted it but they ended up going the opposite direction, no longer trying to abate the fury and rather embracing it. That's where Worgen lore comes from.

We just need a new set of Druids in the lore who successfully master self control, perhaps with the help of Monks or something. There's plenty of room to progress lore, but that's all on Blizzard's choosing.
    The druid of the pack never embraced the Fury of Goldrinn they were trying to control it which is the whole reason they made the scythe of Elune and that back fired on them which turned them into the worgen. We later cure the worse of the effects of being a worgen and give back control but even then that's just being a worgen not being an actual druid of the pack.

as long as the pack form is tied to Goldrinn there's no getting around it being uncontrollable unless they start retconning stuff as the Fury is innate from the link and Goldrinn is unable to abate it him self.