Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    i'm talking about features and system changes. reading the interviews it's clear that tww is going to be another "safe" expansion gameplay wise
    Warbands are going to be revolutionary for playing alts and delves are going to be a main pillar for more casual players and outworld content in particular. Like what features and system changes were you expecting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't disagree that the Radiant Song might not actually be Azeroth, for the record, it could very well be anything. I just wanted to point out that Magni is a biased source and there's a certain amount of gullibility in taking his "I'm talking directly to Azeroth and she says X" as reliable facts. So him not hearing anything now doesn't really tell us much about who is speaking.
    Sure, you point was good. But i think there can be made a case for magni actaully being able to hear world souls. We went with him to argus, and he was able to hear argus, while not having any titan machinery for him to "plug in"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I expected to wake up to juicy 11.0 news
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

I'm not well folks T-T
    Ah yes, the city of Dalaran. I knew her well in my youth. From her glittering towers, brimming with power and knowledge, to the cozy shops of the commerce exchange, even now those memories flow through my mind like water in a stream. However, like a modern-medieval-fantasy-streampunk Icarus, she flew too high…… and was hit by a big rock and blowed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I think delves are the most underwhelming thing so far i saw from all the previews and content creators that played the alpha.

Other thing for me are hero talents which are 50/50, because i hoped for more visual changes to go with the hero spec "fantasy", some have more and others have hardly anything new going on.

Still, it's the beginning of alpha, so i hope people will give some feedback about it.
    Delves are just not evaluable yet. When we play them at max level we will really know how good (or bad) they are.

Without a doubt I would say that the Hero Talents system is going to be the main problem of TWW, at least in its current iteration. I guess that interviews are still coming today and tomorrow, but the fact that they weren't practically mentioned is interesting. Every video that I have watched about Alpha barely talk about them, which I guess that makes sense because they need a lot of testing. Still, I find it curious.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Ah yes, the city of Dalaran. I knew her well in my youth. From her glittering towers, brimming with power and knowledge, to the cozy shops of the commerce exchange, even now those memories flow through my mind like water in a stream. However, like a modern-medieval-fantasy-streampunk Icarus, she flew too high…… and was hit by a big rock and blowed up.
    *melts down further into a puddle of flesh, flashy cloth and arcane residue*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Delves are just not evaluable yet. When we play them at max level we will really know how good (or bad) they are.

Without a doubt I would say that the Hero Talents system is going to be the main problem of TWW, at least in its current iteration. I guess that interviews are still coming today and tomorrow, but the fact that they weren't practically mentioned is interesting. Every video that I have watched about Alpha barely talk about them, which I guess that makes sense because they need a lot of testing. Still, I find it curious.
    Hero talents are nothing more than an extension of the talent system

Just finished re-reading The Shattering.

I wonder if Faerin will essentially be Aerin 2.0 for Anduin this expansion, as in it will be a comparison brought up by Anduin directly, given that the books are getting integrated into the game's story quite heavily lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hero talents are nothing more than an extension of the talent system
    A very powerful extension of the talent system indeed. For now, it seems that fantasy wise it would not carry much weight, which is good and bad at the same time.

Another thing that bothers me is that, if I understood correctly, the Warband system will not make account-wide achievements related to killing raid or dungeon bosses in a certain way. A major fuck up IMO, as there are achievements that require an specific class to do, or a healer, for instance. I would allow that they will not make those TWW's achievements account-wide at first. But the ones from older expansions? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We do get a portal in a form of a mist. Delves ARE instanced zones. W/e Blizz may say about seamlessness, we still need some kind of teleporting.

https://i.imgur.com/125CEHZ.png
    Ah yes, to be expected. Still, more immersive than plain dungeon portals with a loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There also isn't a regular Arathi model yet. Everyone just has a helmet on.
    Considering the only Arathi we've seen without a helmet, Faerin, what if every Arathi has a damaged/missing eye? What if they're actually from the Warlands timeline? (joking)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Moira son finally grown up:

They just had to make him look like that.
    Probably based on one of the developers. They're so narcissistic.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What I find pretty weird with his design is that he doesn't bear the colours of the dark irons or the the ones of the bronzebeard and I was expecting a mix of both

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You think one of the developers is a grey-skinned dwarf with white hair and glowing orange eyes?

I don't disagree that the Radiant Song might not actually be Azeroth, for the record, it could very well be anything. I just wanted to point out that Magni is a biased source and there's a certain amount of gullibility in taking his "I'm talking directly to Azeroth and she says X" as reliable facts. So him not hearing anything now doesn't really tell us much about who is speaking.
    Radiant song got me thinking of the first ones. ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    A very powerful extension of the talent system indeed. For now, it seems that fantasy wise it would not carry much weight, which is good and bad at the same time.

Another thing that bothers me is that, if I understood correctly, the Warband system will not make account-wide achievements related to killing raid or dungeon bosses in a certain way. A major fuck up IMO, as there are achievements that require an specific class to do, or a healer, for instance. I would allow that they will not make those TWW's achievements account-wide at first. But the ones from older expansions? Why not?
    Every achievement is gonna count account-wide for points and metas, however, they will show up as uncompleted in your achievement journal for characters that didn't do it. There will probably be a filter that toggles between character completion and warband completion (I think there is something like that already for account-wide achievements in current WoW)

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    What I find pretty weird with his design is that he doesn't bear the colours of the dark irons or the the ones of the bronzebeard and I was expecting a mix of both
    I think they're tapping into his mother's look. Most of her in-game appearances have had her wearing dark purple robes, so they leaned into the purple and black.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I expected to wake up to juicy 11.0 news
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

I'm not well folks T-T
    Story need meaningful loses like Broken Shore to progress and remain interesting.

Literally since BfA we had too many fake ones - like defeating Mekkatorque-- oh wait he escaped, maybe Jain-- nope, Azshara? Escaped. Literally all interesting stuff happening in 8.3 - N'zoth Illusion. Then SL/DF was either completely new lore (Shadowland realms, Primalists) and when once we dealt with someone we knew - Sylvanas... she didn't die either. We only got to N'zoth and even that is contested pretty often by community, cause happened in weird nightmare realm, not him on Azeroth attacking places we know.

And it was same other way. What important good guy died since 7.0? And it was literally 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Every achievement is gonna count account-wide for points and metas, however, they will show up as uncompleted in your achievement journal for characters that didn't do it. There will probably be a filter that toggles between character completion and warband completion (I think there is something like that already for account-wide achievements in current WoW)
    They said that? That would be step back for me. Jesus, every time I hope they are going full in with account wide stuff..
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2024-04-18 at 10:18 AM.

You think one of the developers is a grey-skinned dwarf with white hair and glowing orange eyes?
    dagran looks like a soyboy, and you can bet that at least one of the devs looks like that

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah but I think that that's how it works today for those achievements. The hope was that all of them will be ''blue''. Minor complaint about a wonderful system I guess, but it just does not make much sense to me. Same with the restrictions about not being able to collect other classes tier sets. Do not see the point about that limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Just finished re-reading The Shattering.

I wonder if Faerin will essentially be Aerin 2.0 for Anduin this expansion, as in it will be a comparison brought up by Anduin directly, given that the books are getting integrated into the game's story quite heavily lately.
    A waste of Velen potential, Her voice is still young and soft, although I thought that she would have a smoky voice judging by her face. And in the alpha scenarios, she and Anduin constantly interact, judging by the scripts, which frustrates me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Story need meaningful loses like Broken Shore to progress and remain interesting.

Literally since BfA we had too many fake ones - like defeating Mekkatorque-- oh wait he escaped, maybe Jain-- nope, Azshara? Escaped. Literally all interesting stuff happening in 8.3 - N'zoth Illusion. Then SL/DF was either completely new lore (Shadowland realms, Primalists) and when once we dealt with someone we knew - Sylvanas... she didn't die either. We only got to N'zoth and even that is contested pretty often by community, cause happened in weird nightmare realm, not him on Azeroth attacking places we know.

And it was same other way. What important good guy died since 7.0? And it was literally 8 years ago.

They said that? That would be step back for me. Jesus, every time I hope they are going full in with account wide stuff..

To clarify, because I left some context out: individual raid achievements will still contribute to the warband-meta achievement. It's just that they will show up as uncompleted on alts.

I honestly don't see the issue? Their reasoning is solid even if the example wasn't the greatest: If someone wants to re-do an achievement for whatever reason, they should be able to. There's no negative issue for any alts.

Whole post here: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...rbands-preview

I know people will be upset because it seems like anything but 100% shared is not good enough, but I can agree with the majority of their reasoning.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2024-04-18 at 10:27 AM.