Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    So, we’ve had 3(?) 6 month mounts now, and every one is the last ditch effort of a desperate company? This is getting real funny now.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    When I saw a (1) in front of my notifications I didn't expect this asinine response

I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING A SIX(6) MONTH WORLD OF WARCRAFT SUBSCRIPTION TO RECEIVE THIS AS A BONUS

Is that better?
    It's not asinine because it is the truth. You are not buying the mount. What is happening is you are being given a mount as a thank you for buying a 6 month subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    They know the end-of-expansion blues are coming.

They're getting desperate.
    Except that they have been doing this since Legion. So, you are wrong.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so this mount is available until Sunday February 23rd. which leads me to a prediction that the prepatch for Shadowlands will launch 6 months and 2 days later

Gotta love how these "rewards" are 6 months of sub and middle finger to 6+ months of game time.

At least it's a really stupid mount.

Talk about free marketing - release 1 basic asset and suddenly you are the top discussion for every forum, streamer and youtuber. Thats how you keep a nearly 2 decades old game relevant!

I’m
    Not a huge fan of the mount

15+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, if you're purchasing a 6 month subscription, and a mount at the time of purchase is included in that offer, you ARE buying the mount as well, you're paying for the mount AND the sub. Sure the price is the same, but all that means essentially is that the cost of the subscription is reduced by however much the mount is worth.
    Or the cost of the mount is reduced to zero and you just pay the subscription. You are still not buying the mount. You are paying the same price for a 6 month subscription but getting more for that price then you normally would. It doesn't matter which way you twist it. You are still not paying for the mount. Because the mount is being added to increase the value of a 6-month subscription.

Yes in typical retail sales they split the discount between all items bought for the transactions to still stay with in profit margins. But that doesn't really matter in this case. It is still a gift. Blizzard is giving a mount at no extra charge. You just pay what you would normally pay for a 6 month subscription. You are essentially getting a $25 value for free.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

With all due respect, if you're purchasing a 6 month subscription, and a mount at the time of purchase is included in that offer, you ARE buying the mount as well, you're paying for the mount AND the sub.

Sure the price is the same, but all that means essentially is that the cost of the subscription is reduced by however much the mount is worth.

It is not a gift, it is a deal, an offer no matter how you spin it, one I will not partake in.
    Well, take your pick: I’m either getting a free mount for 6 months of game time, or I’m getting 2 free months of game time for buying a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope doesn't work with bnet balance. Sucks balls. Token subs are second grade citizens yet again (Sylvarian dragon also didn't work with tokens / bnet balance, only ship did).
    really? strange, they gave me the boat when they did it with the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ojblade View Post
    really? strange, they gave me the boat when they did it with the boat.
    Boat worked. Sylvan dragon didn't. This one doesn't. Friend tried to buy the promo with bnet balance, and it refused to take it instead kept asking for a credit card. I literally said in the post you quoted that the ship worked and the dragon / rat don't.

With all due respect, if you're purchasing a 6 month subscription, and a mount at the time of purchase is included in that offer, you ARE buying the mount as well, you're paying for the mount AND the sub.

Sure the price is the same, but all that means essentially is that the cost of the subscription is reduced by however much the mount is worth.

It is not a gift, it is a deal, an offer no matter how you spin it, one I will not partake in.
    No you are not. You are solely purchasing the 6 month subscription because you are paying the same price you would be paying before they gave away the mounts. You pay the subscription price and you get the mount free. The only one spinning here is you to fit your false narrative

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yes they can or at least they did for me.
    Well they responded a copy-pasted response and so they couldn't do anything