Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well it seems very logic to me. Imagine the red epic gems(int,str,agil,..) Costing up to 5k (Don't know how it is on your server but on hellscream eu it is). Suddenly, you can buy them for 750 conquest points instead of having CHANCE on them after you killed a boss in normal/hc dragon soul. They would be forced to limit it somehow that you only can use the gems for pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    750 is an absurd amount considering they're not even good gems. The only ones people with a brain will use are the 25 int/25 resi, 25 str/25 resi and the 50 resi (with the occasional spell pen one thrown around, possibly, or the stam/resi if you're tanking RBGs).

The fact there are no 50 str or 50 int ones is actually insulting if you ask me - you'll either be PvEing for them or buying them off the AH, this change accomplishes next to nothing; I can see myself resorting to it at the very end of the season after I gemmed all my holy gear and need a couple fillers for my ret set. Depressing, really, don't know why they instantly assume every PvPer willing to buy gems for conquest points will want either resilience hybrids or pure resilience ones (or they're trying to make sure we don't make any gold out of selling cut reds to high-end PvE guilds, in which case - lol).

Intentions are probably good but it's just... Yeah.
    If 50 agi/str/int gems were available from pvping, pve'rs would be forced to pvp for best in slot gems. Your argument is invalid.

If 50 agi/str/int gems were available from pvping, pve'rs would be forced to pvp for best in slot gems. Your argument is invalid.
    Hahahahahaa

Everytime PvP players complain about being "forced" to do PvE, PvE players reply that you aren't forced to do anything.

Now we are suggesting to get Epic primary stat gems and PvE players complain that they would be "forced" to do PvP.

I laugh at your double standards pve hero's.
    Your argument is invalid.

The hunter I play with in 3v3 was FORCED to join a PvE guild this season, because in order to remain competive (Considering we are playing the top of the lader) he is FORCED to use the 2 set bonus from his tier whatever this season's tier is set.

My Feral PvE's because he is basically FORCED to get Vial of Shadows in order to remain competive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    blame PVE imo useless fucking gems thx to PVE fags they dont want PVE nerds do PVP , but they want PVPers do LOLPVE...
    Your rage is exactly why I love it when the devs do things like this. I'll dance in my awesome fully epic gemmed PvE sets while your tears wash them clean.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Your rage is exactly why I love it when the devs do things like this. I'll dance in my awesome fully epic gemmed PvE sets while your tears wash them clean.
    Thats funny considering you are paying for this game and I am making a little bit of money out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    they would never devote the resources to make a pvp only gem since the resil gems will be going away with M.O.P.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    the resil gems will be going away with M.O.P.
    Resilience isn't going away, why would the gems?

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO wining a BG should give you the same type of currency from killing a DS boss.

edit: Rated BG. Same with Arena I guess.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Gems are BOP and cost 750 CP, you can't farm it with alt and send it to your main and nobody half decent in their right mind would waste 750 points on these crap gems.

Most of the gems are junk that most people never uses, there are no red gems nor half of the stuff people want to put on their gear... this is just an eye candy for fools that think they're left out because proper gems only come from raiding... all in all, massive fail.

Deleted
    Pvp gems, only usable in pvp equip (primary stats gems, +50 stat as pve), don't force pve to do pvp and give pvp a chance to get the best equip without raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were up to me I'd probably put a minimum rating on the gems like 1500 or something and they would cost 4k honor each. I really think it sucks that the pvpers can't get the gems they need to best optimize their gear. It's already bad enough that you make little to no gold from just pvping. I strongly think this was a bad decision on blizzards part to give pvper's the cold shoulder once again.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    You're not forced to do anything in this game, furthermore red gems are still available from PvE - I got 3 from a single DS normal run the other day. Problem? I fail to see how my argument is invalid, your on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    His rage wasn't exactly warranted but your reply isn't much better, really; either way, doubt PvPers will be crying for long. It's not about us not being able to get epic gems to socket our PvP gear, it's about the principle - PvPers making sacrifices to be the best when it comes to having to do PvE for certain items (namely weapons, trinkets, etc.) and Blizzard don't even think about adding pure gems for conquest because it'd "motivate" PvErs to do arena in order to fully optimize their gear. Most of the high-end PvPers have gold cap from boosting randoms, we can buy the gems if we want to, there's no need for them either way, we can perform without them.

It's not the end result, it's the fact Blizzard are shafting us to begin with. It's insulting.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-12-08 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    I would just like to post a little section from the Hydramist.tv blog concerning the new gems:

"This is just a poor attempt to bridge the gap of availability between PvE and PvP. It’s frankly dumbfounding. These gems, while one or two of them are useful for certain classes, are useless for the most part. Indeed, the hybrid Spell Pen gems are completely useless for every class except DKs and possibly Enhancement Shamans. The Ruthless Spell Pen cloak gave more than the necessary amount and that’s only going to grow with the new honour and Cataclysmic cloaks. The hybrid resilience gems are more useful, but most classes will want to start moving away from using them, relying on the higher levels of resilience from gear alone. They serve very little purpose."

"In terms of the gem problem, it would have been and still would be far better if Blizzard were to mail a number of these geodes to people who capped their conquest points. If you receive more geodes for heroic encounters, then everyone above say 2.2k rating should receive extra geodes as well. It should be possible for them to track the number of geodes received by a player and limit the number they can receive per week. This would ensure they stayed rare and it would also provide a fairer solution. Regardless, this current “solution” is very poor and needs a reworking."

The text in the middle can be read on their webpage.

I agree with this, even though I probably never will hit 2.2k rating. Seems more fair in the long run.
    Besides they point out other rather good points during the comment, which I, for the sake of the topic, have removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    No primary stat gems so PvE players don't feel forced to win 8 BG a week to buy gems for their gear.
    There are much better ways of doing that which do not entail kicking PvPers in their teeth.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not forced to do anything in this game, furthermore red gems are still available from PvE - I got 3 from a single DS normal run the other day. Problem? I fail to see how my argument is invalid, your on the other hand.

His rage wasn't exactly warranted but your reply isn't much better, really; either way, doubt PvPers will be crying for long. It's not about us not being able to get epic gems to socket our PvP gear, it's about the principle - PvPers making sacrifices to be the best when it comes to having to do PvE for certain items (namely weapons, trinkets, etc.) and Blizzard don't even think about adding pure gems for conquest because it'd "motivate" PvErs to do arena in order to fully optimize their gear. Most of the high-end PvPers have gold cap from boosting randoms, we can buy the gems if we want to, there's no need for them either way, we can perform without them.

It's not the end result, it's the fact Blizzard are shafting us to begin with. It's insulting.
    Where to start really..if you got three red epic gems in one Ds that is quite simply beyond lucky, if this is true you might want to go and buy yourself a lottery ticket.

"Thnx to pve fags they don't want pve nerds to do pvp but they want pvp-ers to do lol pve" Does it really surprise you he gets a reaction from a post this abusive, I have seen warnings or infractions dished out for a lot less in other parts of the forums of mmo champion.

Then you talk about pvp-ers and the sacrifices they have to make, I mean since when has wow not been primarely based on pve? Nothing new there..If as it seems you have been playing the game for a while you must have accepted that by now. I'm not trying to say the solution they have provided pvp-ers with is ideal, far from it but I dont think it warrants the hostility present in this thread. If anything you said it yourself you don't feel a real need for them to perform.

750 is an absurd amount considering they're not even good gems. The only ones people with a brain will use are the 25 int/25 resi, 25 str/25 resi and the 50 resi (with the occasional spell pen one thrown around, possibly, or the stam/resi if you're tanking RBGs).

The fact there are no 50 str or 50 int ones is actually insulting if you ask me - you'll either be PvEing for them or buying them off the AH, this change accomplishes next to nothing; I can see myself resorting to it at the very end of the season after I gemmed all my holy gear and need a couple fillers for my ret set. Depressing, really, don't know why they instantly assume every PvPer willing to buy gems for conquest points will want either resilience hybrids or pure resilience ones (or they're trying to make sure we don't make any gold out of selling cut reds to high-end PvE guilds, in which case - lol).

Intentions are probably good but it's just... Yeah.
    they cant have 50 str gems from pvp, because then every raider would be forced to grind endless hours of BGs just to get gems for pve.

i think this is a great move. it gives pvpers some epic gems, but only the ones that are not useful for pve.

the price seems ok too. the whole idea of epic gems this expac is that they are hard/time consuming to obtain. in the end, you will only need 6ish of these pvp epic gems. you wouldnt put them in your season 10 gear, or your honor season 11 gear. you would save them for your conquest season 11 gear, just like raiders are saving their epic gems for BIS and/or heroic t13 pieces

10+ Year Old Account
    25 Parry 25 Resilience.

They really nailed down the gems PvP players are interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see why bliss might not way to "force" PvE players to PvP for these gems, but sure PvP players are currently being forced to PvE, or at least get rich as hell, in order to gain sensibly itemised gems?

Just a note to anyone who doesn't PvP; resiliance gems are complete trash unless you flag carry. Just like PvE red gems are usually the only worthwhile cuts
    Last edited by Kaga; 2011-12-11 at 01:27 AM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    25 Parry 25 Resilience.

They really nailed down the gems PvP players are interested in.
    they are just offering a wide selection in case someone does want that for whatever reason. is it some how insulting you that they add all the combinations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    they are just offering a wide selection in case someone does want that for whatever reason. is it some how insulting you that they add all the combinations?
    Actually, yes.

"We can't give you any remotely useful gems even for a ridiculously high prize because PvErs might get
    butthurt. Here just pay half an item prize for this good parry gem!"

I mean there isn't a single gem on the list that I'd put on a single item on any of my characters even if
    they were completely free.

If PvE is the issue here, just make gems that are only usable on PvP items...