Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Main Page SWTOR Ads replaced by WoW 4.3 Ads???

Just a few days before the release of SWTOR and a week AFTER WOW's 4.3 patch was already released?
    Not just a coincidence.
    Looks like MMOCHAMP has a bit of a bias, and don't want SWTOR getting extra attention cause they support Blizzard.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid, but really? SKYRIM had ads up for 2 months. SWTOR is about to release and they change it for a WOW PATCH ad?
    Maybe Blizzard paid them to put up their ad...
    Watch the weather change...

Take off the tin foil hat man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta View Post
    Just a few days before the release of SWTOR and a week AFTER WOW's 4.3 patch was already released?
    Not just a coincidence.
    Looks like MMOCHAMP has a bit of a bias, and don't want SWTOR getting extra attention cause they support Blizzard.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid, but really? SKYRIM had ads up for 2 months. SWTOR is about to release and they change it for a WOW PATCH ad?
    Maybe because MMO-Champion is mainly a WoW site. I'm surprised people still don't realise this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Take off the tin foil hat man...
    LOL, that was actually really funny, I was thinking about that just before I saw your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe I'm just paranoid
    I think you can find your answer right there.

Not just a coincidence.

Those ad's are random and tend to gear towards what you do with your internet like most ad sites, mine consists of Korean MMO's 90% of the time.

And what if blizzard even paid them to put them up ? problem ? WoW has gotten mmochamp where it is now ofc they will even support it themselfs without any payment

Deleted
    A company wanting to advertise their game to stay ahead of a competitive MMO company? Heresy.
    You're just being paranoid but I still feel it's obvious as fel that Blizzard would try to keep the SWTOR advertising to a minimum because let's face it... Blizzard don't want their players to quit WoW for SWTOR.

Edit: That still doesn't mean that Blizzard had anything to do with the timing, it's just a coincidence. They change ads all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitomi View Post
    Those ad's are random and tend to gear towards what you do with your internet like most ad sites, mine consists of Korean MMO's 90% of the time.
    Really? I find that odd though as I haven't been on a WoW site in a long time, unless this counts as one.

its an advert... IE a way to make money.
    They wil show the advert on the main page of who pays the most to have it there.

This site isnt a charity run by randoms, its very well maintained and that costs a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    You serious?

Why does every single little thing have to have some deep down alternate meaning?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...come back around the time SW:TOR is ACTUALLY released as opposed to a week or 2 early. Maybe you'll see ads then. But yeah I have to agree that MMO-Champion is primarily a WoW site so it shouldn't really surprise you.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Mine is currently an advert for Lord of the Rings Online... but I don't think I've ever even been on their website :P

The ad's are based on your browsing history, so you did something with WoW recently?

Just like if you browse around alot for menswear, all of a sudden you notice you see a lot of ads for dyes to cover up the greys, ads for shaving cream ...

Ad companies control the ads, not MMO-Champion. They seek out trends, things people might like based on other things they like, etc, like grocery store printed coupons.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-12-08 at 11:26 PM.

One, blizz probably offered more money.

Two. This is a World of Warcraft mainly site, for the Curse Network, the mmo-champion of wow, is darthhater.

Wow are people really that ignorant???

Adds are paid for, its how sites make money to keep running. So yes, blizz did pay more. No bias, just pure money.
    Last edited by Adhal-Blackrock; 2011-12-08 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    One, blizz probably offered more money.

Two. This is a World of Warcraft mainly site, for the Curse Network, the mmo-champion of wow, is darthhater.
    It still has the capability of being both- but until swtor actually releases and proofs to be here to stay and they open up to addons, curse might add a more seperate Swtor forum.

Besides I hate the DH look, too dark - makes my silly light side tier 5 eyes hurt.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously guys the misinformation going on in this thread is crazy. The advertisements on this website are controlled by Google Adsense. Which means they are completely random and based off of your browsing habits. Hell my banner ads are generally computer manufacturing companies unless I am on my home computer... then guess what it is a coin toss of WoW or Star Wars because those are the two most common things being played / searched on my PC.

Yea, I get the "random" factor, but it doesn't feel truly random to me. I haven't been on any webpage blizz/wow related, barring this site, for 2 weeks now, and during that time, it was all SWTOR and LotR. And again, I haven't been on anything LotR related for over a year since I tried it out.

Randomness would assume it random every time I load the page, and over time, would be equal parts of things I have expressed interest in. But when you add in it taking browser history into account, true randomness goes out the window. Also, it's showing things for places I haven't been, so, it can't solely be based on web history. Sure, they might take into account things you have been to, then have some sort of database of -similar- things to advertise, seems like a great idea. If that's the case, then it makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is that it stays on one advertisement for weeks, then up and decides to change again for a few more weeks XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would love to go into further detail Jamber but I didn't design Google Adsense. It is what it is. I'm just waiting for this thread to close since I can't do it myself.