Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hmmmm.

Does that mean that the word "shill" does not apply to him anymore? He did include himself as part of this trainwrecks development. Probably by accident, but hey; he did say it.

A shill would be a better look though, lol.
    … and it's not the first time, C.Roberts account confirmed!?! ;D

These “we's” are most likely part of “We - The Company Family” role play that some of the most emotionally attached costumers like to play, I guess it helps them feel closer to it, somehow justifying their spending and behavior.

“I do it for family” - idk, prolly Vin Diesel or some shit.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It's only been a month. You can't expect the game to be playable a month after a patch releases.

Or ten years into development.

Honestly, it's pretty wild to expect a single thing in this game to function reliably at this point.
    Honestly, they should just change the name of the company to Acme Corp(from Looney Tunes, not the grocery store chain) because they have shown to be as reliable as their products. Wile E. Coyote would be proud to buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Honestly, they should just change the name of the company to Acme Corp(from Looney Tunes, not the grocery store chain) because they have shown to be as reliable as their products. Wile E. Coyote would be proud to buy from them.
    Hey, don't besmudge Acme's name. They atleast release products.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hey, don't besmudge Acme's name. They atleast release products.
    I mean, if you go by what some people are saying, CIG did release something. Just in as bad a shape and as non-functional(or dysfunctional) as Acme products are.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You guys are reading way too much into that first "we" there. In the context of the post, he's just talking about the collective "we" of fans as a whole lol

The bit that stuck out more to me was that he thinks the only way to know of SQ42's nothingness would be a dev leaking that to people.
    Wait... are you trying to tell us he might not be C.Roberts after all?!?
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    At least they stopped giving possible release dates
    Say what you want about these devs but their ability to milk money is EA levels
    Well considering EA level is in the several Billions per year that's just not quite accurate now is it?

2022 alone their net bookings was $7.5 billions with 2023 going to be even higher since they fired a bunch of people while still making plenty of buck.

With lot of the money coming from games which require very low expenditure of development or asset creation since they are mostly games of easy access and mass appeal for younger crowds and/with gambling mechanics like loot boxes.

Star Citizen 566 millions sum was reached after 10 years, which gives roughly 56+ millions per year. Considering they started mostly from scratch and the characteristics of the games they are making is not that much all things considered as shown in their financial reports.

Sure, it's impressive in the crowdfunded/indie studio setting, but hardly the Billions per year level of EA, Epic, Take2, Blizzard, Activision that games like FIFa, GTA's, CoD's, RedDead's, Fortnites, Genshin Impacts or mobile games generate.

Still, CIG been managing a healthy balance of player growth and funding between focusing on Squadron 42 and running live Star Citizen alpha access tech with updates going and adding all the framework to realise it's full online potential.

As observed, 2022 was a year of increased growth, Which was Nice.

We'll see how(if) 2023 goes with the new server tech updates/mechanics and if the consequent instability will impact player engagement/funding overall. I think it will.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-04-24 at 02:12 AM.

Wow man you got dedication
    I said their skill in milking money is on par with EA not the actual income

So I'll break it down slowly
    They are managing to pull money from people for going on a decade for a game that is still in "early alpha"
    They sold ships for hundreds that are still not in game
    They put out road maps for development framing something like "lense flare from helmets" as a big accomplishment

They have had YEARS of scandals and they STILL pull money

That is skill

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

As observed, 2022 was a year of increased growth, Which was Nice.

We'll see how(if) 2023 goes with the new server tech updates/mechanics and if the consequent instability will impact player engagement/funding overall. I think it will.
    People like to watch accidents.

No one is denying that CiG is really good at parting fools from their money. What we complain about is their ability to make a game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

They are managing to pull money from people for going on a decade for a game that is still in "early alpha"
    They put out road maps for development framing something like "lense flare from helmets" as a big accomplishment

That is skill
    I mean they have no reason to actually finish the game. It is very lucrative for them as it is now. I thought everyone knew this?

Every year this is not released, the drama gets better, of course more people are looking into this train wreck xD
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Lol! Finally, top quality comedy is back to the thread.
    I guess he got tired of being wrong about other games in their threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Not touching this until it is actually released and we see how much of an impact these P2W sales of (apparantly not existing) ships has on the released game.
    Also i am not willing to invest so much free time into a game i am still not sure if it will ever release.

I hope it does. Because it does look interesting. But the whole roadmap for a roadmap stuff and constantly pushed back release dates for the game and S42 does not fill me with much hope right now.

Woah it's been quite a while since the last time I've seen one of those "but look at the twitch stats!!!" post comparing Star Citizen, an "unique Massive Multiplayer Online game", with "more content in alpha than many finished video games" to games such as FTL, a 2-man made single player indie title, instead to other MMOs, because "space" ^^;

It never gets old lol.
    Ahahahaha!

Given CIG's track record of commercially engaging with streamers (likely via 3rd party or intermediary contracts) such as Rexzilla (probably via Redbull) and what not, I would not be surprised if CIG dedicated a non insignificant portion of its marketing and publishing budget to buy view bots to increase Twitch stats across SC channels in general.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-04-24 at 11:28 AM.

Great more useless Twitch stats just what was needed.

That is skill
    Considering EA deals with multiple $Billion$ per year and CIG only this year broke the 100 million mark I don't think they're on par at all.

FIFA Ultimate in 2021 alone made 3 times ($1.6 Billions) what CIG has gotten in 10 years from crowdfunding.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes $1.4 Billions

And why? Because of mass reach, more juvenile target, easy access tied to loot boxes/gatcha mechanics will generate more profit than making highly detailed space ships to fund a massively ambitious open world games with high fidelity graphics and that require massive amounts of R&D and tailor made tech to a niche crowd of space nerds is bad investment.

Which is ultimately why Crowdfunding became a thing in the first place. To fill the niche of a specific markets that are somehow neglected.

CIG makes money because they fill a niche. If you're a gamer who loves sci-fi and wants to fly cool detailed space ships and live your Han Solo fantasy, if you enjoy the idea of flying across gorgeous planets and cities, if you like flying with a crew of friends and do coop missions or miscellaneous adventures the Star Citizen Alpha is already the way where one can get that experience in a highly detailed graphical setting. Those who fancy the risk/reward online dynamics of a game with open pvp, full looting and survival mechanics the Star Citizen Alpha is already the best game to experience that kind of gameplay.

That's their skill, providing gameplay experience that more and more people want to play and they can't get anywhere else so much that they don't mind enduring the Alpha nature of the game. Be it flying ships with friends, wearing cool armour or just do solo mining/trading runs with your little ship.

A streamer went into those reasons in a video not long ago:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    People like to watch accidents.
    They sure do:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    They sure do:

There you go again trying to compare Star Citizen with games that are FAR better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Not touching this until it is actually released and we see how much of an impact these P2W sales of (apparantly not existing) ships has on the released game.
    Also i am not willing to invest so much free time into a game i am still not sure if it will ever release.
    Good Aproach, this is the rational thing. SC can be amazing, when/if it works and gets finished. But the end result is undetermined, no one knows if it gets shut down before its done, it releases and just doesnt work or if to much corners get to be cut and it becomes something different entirely.
    Sadly, there are way to few people who actually can be rational like that.