Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Already happened: lack of fun.
    This, I was pretty hardcore until the end of Wotlk. Played a little less during Cata though I enjoyed healing during 5.4. MoP was fun for the first two patches then I completely got bored and have played very very little since. WoD is looking like the first expansion I wont buy at launch and possibly wont resub for. The only thing that had kept me interested in the game since Cataclysm was transmog and mount hunting. I'm over trying to be in the cutting edge gear wise and I don't care much for PvP since it's gone down the shitter with every expansion. So at this point, it really just amounts to the game being old and me not having fun with it anymore. Even when they release new content it feels like I have already done all of this before. The only things that could peek my interest again are a new class or an expansion around Azshara or the underground Nerubian empire.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I dont understand all the "free to play" dealbreaker comments. Do people honestly think SoO and TI is worth the $200+ (the price of 2-3 entire expansions) they'll end up shelling out before WoD?

The "subs give us more content" argument is null in void at this point. The community is also one of the worst ones out there in terms of mmo's.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-03-13 at 06:31 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of content for a year even with a wide variety of things to do when coupled with what other games have to offer make for a pretty rapid unsub for me. Then magnified by the raise in xpac price and other weird things lately.... It certainly is nothing that has been a permanent deal breaker, but rather something that has allowed me to easily take a break. I make no foolish claims that I won't return, but I am growing more cautious as each expansion launches. I don't necessarily think that's a great trend, but at least it's wise. I will likely pick up WoD right before release, but I may actually have a lengthy break until then.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Friends quitting...
    This mostly, but otherwise pulling the servers down once and for all.

Deleted
    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?
    No flying.
    Stop me flying and I stop giving them money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bought gear with stats(don't care bout vanity/mounts)
    game becoming even easier(not everyone deserves to do everything kthx)
    MoP daily style returning(wtf were they thinking with all these dailies?)

i'm basically already at that point. i was okay with a single 90 boost coming with the expac, but having them unlimited in the item shop has taken it over the edge. and now all you have to do is level to 60, a few hours of game time at most, and you can even buy maxed professions. this game is leaving a bad taste in my mouth these days.

"Do people honestly think SoO and TI is worth the $200+ (the price of 2-3 entire expansions) they'll end up shelling out before WoD?"

i don't, i've already unsubbed. i might pick up WoD but i honestly don't think it looks that great, so i will wait to hear what friends say about it before buying.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?
    My deal-breaker was when I started getting massive lag spikes and super high latency and the game became unplayable for me. I had been playing on and off since Vanilla - still enjoyed the game, but this issue that many people are having problems with just made it impossible to play. I unsubbed and have no intention of ever resubscribing, but I still pop around here every now and again to see how the game is moving along.
    Currently playing: [Dragon Age: Origins]

selling current tier gear its pretty much it....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    I dont understand all the "free to play" dealbreaker comments. Do people honestly think SoO and TI is worth the $200+ (the price of 2-3 entire expansions) they'll end up shelling out before WoD?
    Yes. I can still get 10+ hours per day of enjoyment out of WoW, which is hands down more than enough to justify the sub cost.

Also, even if the sub fee would only be there to keep the F2P crowd out, I'd pay it without hesitation.

Nothing :/ 8 years ago I made my skype wow_fen_forever ( not intended as an advertisement of some sort, please don't add me dear strangers ) a few weeks after I started playing WoW knowing that it will be forever my favourite game :P

Well, I kind of dislike paid stuff in WoW like mounts and transmoggable items and pets because I really really like some of them and I am quite poor ( a friend is "sponsoring" my account out of generosity ) and can't afford them. But I can bear it I guess... It's my favourite game after all ^_^

buying gear.

Deleted
    Pay 2 Win for me.

As in say...

Buying for real money a pot that makes you stronger than anyone else.
    Buying any gear from the current Tier.

This is not a deal breaker but would make me unsub till the next tier.

A more than 1:1 ratio in bosses to months a tier is out. SoO is going to be very close to this I am not 100% sure I am going to stay subbed to Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How about the BMAH, buyable HEROIC raid gear? I know its usually only one piece at a time but that's still buying gear.
    You buy this with gold, he meant with real money. Sorry, doesn't count.

No flying is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Deleted
    When the game gently slithers into the category of store-centered gameplay.

I like WOW, but i do not like paying for in-game items/boosts that are unobtainable otherwise.

The incipient wave of store companions and mounts being produced more frequently than patches should have been a sign bright enough.

When I have no more friends who play it, more than likely.

To me, things like "too easy/too hard" are things to work around and "no flying/stat squish!" are petty and can be ignored. If I didn't have anyone but myself to hang out with in-game though, I don't think I could justify paying for it as I wouldn't be enjoying it beyond a few weeks per patch.

Even those I don't talk to outside of WoW, which is most of my guild, mean a lot to me when talking about or within the game itself.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-03-13 at 09:21 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.
    These... if that ever happens i will leave wow forever

If I enjoy the game, almost nothing.
    If I am growing out of the game, nothing, it's just time to let it go.
    I think if they used the stick more then the carrot I would distance myself form the game tho.

As I am one of those, "skill over gear", types I don't think buying raid gear would destroy the game, even tho I think it's a bad idea. I like to think more income means less excuses when it comes to things we don't have in it.. It won't happen anyhow. They don't want to produce more content even faster, so they won't take the carrot away for money.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

removin heroic raids. it whould be a dealbreaker for me.