Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

You DON'T want to ever see mages be healers and I'll tell you why.

The hybrid tax is always there. They will say it's not there but it must be there no matter what. The reason for this is that if you don't have a hybrid tax, everyone will just play hybrids.

For example: druid is good in all specs "because no hybrid tax" -> "what's the point of not running a druid". Hence -> druid will NEVER be GOD in all its specs, never going to happen.

Similarly if you're going to make mages healers, you are screwed if you want to be a ranged. The amount of those rolling mages would skyrocket and eventually nerf them.

Deleted
    Are you a person that only makes threads instead of responding to existing ones (just wondering)?
    Anyway I don't think anyone thought there would be a mage healing spec... ever.

Nobody here was asking for a mage healing spec, and this expansion is not adding any more specs except in the form of demon hunters, so that's fine.

That would be good and all if the hybrid tax didn't exist. Druids have been the best in role several times across all expansions. Like in WOTLK when almost all specs were incredibly strong throughout, except maybe cat but I don't remember that well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    That would be good and all if the hybrid tax didn't exist. Druids have been the best in role several times across all expansions. Like in WOTLK when almost all specs were incredibly strong throughout, except maybe cat but I don't remember that well.

That's just wrong. There have been several times druid specs had been in nerfed states.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little lost on how your hypothetical situation makes sense but I would definitely be down for a time themed healer Mage spec and fire and frost condensed into one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I'm a little lost on how your hypothetical situation makes sense but I would definitely be down for a time themed healer Mage spec and fire and frost condensed into one.

Keep that to yourself. If a mage ruins one of its specs for a healing spec it's going to get hybrid taxes like crazy. And you want to even remove one spec?

wat. no. no no no no no no no no no.

Seriously, roll a druid. Simple class.

I think OP missed that we're not actually playing TBC again, where the hybrid tax existed. We're going to play the new expansion, called Legion, where the hybrid tax has been dead for at least 3 expansions now.

So yeah, time healing would be awesome

I think you are totally wrong about the hybrid tax. Monks can tank, heal and dps. The brewmaster has widely been considered the best tank for the first tier of this x-pac. There will always been strong specs and weak specs in a class, even pure dps classes. That a class has a weak spec during a specific tier does not mean there is a hybrid tax. When the hybrid tax was in effect (vanilla and early bc), the specs that were affected were not raid viable.

I wouldn't be opposed to a mage healing spec. It could be really interesting, especially if it is time based. I think they should combine fire and frost into one spec (sort of an elementalist), keep arcane and add chrono healing. More quality choices=better for the player and a more interesting game.

Deleted
    Fire is the weakest spec right now for us.
    Does... does that mean we have a DPS tax? =O

Oh no! Time to roll a hybrid!

10+ Year Old Account
    The hybrid tax was phased out years ago.

As for a healing spec, yes I would like one. I think Mages could use a little variety.

And as I have expressed elsewhere, they are really struggling to justify our existing specs as is. Arcane is fine. Frost and Fire are continually stepping on each other's toes with the problem that Frost feels more fun and doesn't have fire's interminable and nerf inviting scaling issues (nor the necessity to use an addon) which they only solved by breaking fire in the final patch.

Fire at least needs an overhaul but do we really need two specs whose claim to fame is that both cleave but one has a pet and the other doesn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Keep that to yourself. If a mage ruins one of its specs for a healing spec it's going to get hybrid taxes like crazy. And you want to even remove one spec?

wat. no. no no no no no no no no no.

Seriously, roll a druid. Simple class.
    How does merging two specs together that are relatively similar and then creating a new spec that adds further variety to a class removing a spec? Also how would you know if the new merged spec would be worse without trying it out first?

I don't need to tell me why I don't want mages to be healers. I know why I don't want to, I DONT FUCKING WANT TO BE A HEALER nor do I want my class to turn into one. Easy as that.

Do I need to make a thread telling everyone how they don't want the mage class to be restricted to only Tauren and Gnomes or can we stop being upset about something that was never even requested, let alone actually happening

7+ Year Old Account
    This logic has been proven faulty in other games. For example, the cleric in Rift was able to compete for top dps with other classes by the end of Vanilla while simultaneously having access to a healer and tank role. This didn't suddenly make everyone re-roll cleric. In fact, rogues remained by far the most represented class in the game.

There is nothing wrong with having two different roles in WoW which are competitive. Everyone should have access to multiple competitive specs.

Mage healer makes no actual sense. It doesn't fit the lore at all.. Mage uses Arcane magic, which does include Nature(used mainly for harvesting and ripening). So unless we suddenly start to learn Divine Magic.. Healing can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's just wrong. There have been several times druid specs had been in nerfed states.
    And Fire isn't right now?

PS: Fury Warrior is #5 on ST meters.
    PPS: Hybrid Tax wouldn't exist if they did away with pures. Think about that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Mage healer makes no actual sense. It doesn't fit the lore at all.. Mage uses Arcane magic, which does include Nature(used mainly for harvesting and ripening). So unless we suddenly start to learn Divine Magic.. Healing can't happen.
    The fact Chromie healed using time, and we have SOME control time is enough of an excuse for us to have a healing spec at some point. So it does fit the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I wouldn't really call what Shamans, Druids, and Monks do as "divine magic"...

PS: If we have access to Nature Arcane spells, why haven't we been given them?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The fact Chromie healed using time, and we have SOME control time is enough of an excuse for us to have a healing spec at some point. So it does fit the lore.
    Yup. I was actually half-hoping we'd get 4th specs with this expansion and we'd get Time (as a Support [should they ever add a 4th role] or Healer) as our 4th spec. I want to be a Time Mage!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I wouldn't really call what Shamans, Druids, and Monks do as "divine magic"..
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_magic